Taxing The Rich

The Democrat plans to tax the rich are futile and ignorant. They sound good to the uneducated, but they don't work very well. When you raise tax rates or reduce deductions on the rich, their typical response is to divert more of their money into tax shelters where they pay less tax. They can afford tax lawyers and CPAs who find ways to reduce their taxes dramatically and it's all legal.

Donald Trump knows how. For several years at a time, he paid no income tax. I don't know all the shelters he used but I can guess. One would be accelerated depreciation on the buildings and furniture he owns. Another would be Net Loss Carryover. When you have a loss in one year, the IRS Code allows you to deduct that loss on the returns for following years. If the NLC is large enough, it can give you zero tax liability for 5 or 6 years. Even people of moderate income can use tax shelters. I have 2 of them.

If you don't try and target the rich, they will pay a fair share of taxes just like everybody else. If you target them with high tax rates, they run for tax shelters.

These Dem idiots never learned what Kennedy, Reagan and Trump learned. Cutting taxes puts more money into the economy and the Fed coffers than raising them ever did. They will never, ever learn that lesson.

Imbeciles is what they are.
Trickle down economics has never worked, but it does enrich the rich enormously.

I guess it depends. Trickle down does work to those of us who put ourselves into a position to catch the trickle. It doesn't work for those who spend their days swinging on the front porch hoping the trickle will come to them.

After all they do for us little people, they shouldn't have to pay any taxes at all.
Progs have had many opportunities at the Federal Level to get the rich to pay their " fair share". They did not. They could have shut loopholes down with the old tax code and did nothing. All of the rich Progs who complain about the rich not paying what they should, use the loopholes themselves. Progs do not give the general population a massive tax cut. Yet feign so much concern for them. You are the real party of corporatists.

Tax the billionaires big time. Or prevent them from buying government favors and protection. Or both.

Billionaires aren't rich - pay attention to your Marxist masters. Jack Dorsey is a good guy and won't have any taxes. The "rich" is the new term for "bourgeoisie," the same middle the left has fought to destroy since the beginning.

Marxist democrat definition: Rich - someone who works full time and earns between $200,000 and $1,000,000 per year.

So a doctor earning $600K is rich, Matt Damon pulling in $70 million from a single movie is NOT rich. Mark Zuckerberg is NOT rich, but the small business owner down the street netting $400K a year IS.

The rich will be punished severely and stripped of their earnings by Xi's man Bai-Degn. People like Jeff Bezos who are NOT RICH have nothing to worry about from our PRC President.

Exactly right. The "rich" in the eyes of the Democrats are the working wealthy, not the multi-billionaire elitists. The reason Gates and Bezos are Democrats and push a globalist agenda is because they will be the ones getting all the spoils in such a scheme. They want to punish the working successful folks to a point where they are right in line with the rest of the peasants. They then have us exactly where they want us all...dependent upon them.

Progs have had many opportunities at the Federal Level to get the rich to pay their " fair share". They did not. They could have shut loopholes down with the old tax code and did nothing. All of the rich Progs who complain about the rich not paying what they should, use the loopholes themselves. Progs do not give the general population a massive tax cut. Yet feign so much concern for them. You are the real party of corporatists.

The goal of democrats is a boot to the face of the man one rung below them on the ladder of success.

The dems don’t understand economics or even math.
They think that the rich are somehow locked into staying in high tax areas. They think that their money can’t be moved into other countries.
They don’t realize that businesses can leave money overseas Instead of bringing it into the U.S. where it spends just as well there.
They don’t realize that businesses are not going to take a hit to the bottom line, they will just pass that hit onto higher prices for the consumer.
Corporate apologists, on the other hand..
Are you trying to say you are a corporate apologist?

The Democrat plans to tax the rich are futile and ignorant. They sound good to the uneducated, but they don't work very well. When you raise tax rates or reduce deductions on the rich, their typical response is to divert more of their money into tax shelters where they pay less tax. They can afford tax lawyers and CPAs who find ways to reduce their taxes dramatically and it's all legal.

Donald Trump knows how. For several years at a time, he paid no income tax. I don't know all the shelters he used but I can guess. One would be accelerated depreciation on the buildings and furniture he owns. Another would be Net Loss Carryover. When you have a loss in one year, the IRS Code allows you to deduct that loss on the returns for following years. If the NLC is large enough, it can give you zero tax liability for 5 or 6 years. Even people of moderate income can use tax shelters. I have 2 of them.

If you don't try and target the rich, they will pay a fair share of taxes just like everybody else. If you target them with high tax rates, they run for tax shelters.
Net loss carryover for Trump isn't so much a tax shelter as it is an admission that Trump is really bad at business.

Successful businesses don't have net losses to carry over that cover their profits for a decade.

Republican plans to tax the poor instead are even more futile and ignorant. Who's got the money?

However, Republicans just love Biden's plans to cut S.S. and Medicare..

They all suck. Say it!

You mean like through regressive gasoline taxes and VAT's Comrade?

Under Marxist democrat Barack Obama, the government established programs for taxpayers to pay half to buy $400,000 Tesla's for the elite. (President Trump eliminated this - part of the reason you're programmed to hate him.) Potentate Obamugabe was asked about a similar program to help lower income people buy a Kia Forte and remarked "fuck the poor."

Net loss carryover for Trump isn't so much a tax shelter as it is an admission that Trump is really bad at business.

Successful businesses don't have net losses to carry over that cover their profits for a decade.
From The Bureau Of Labor Statistics

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), this isn't necessarily true. Data from the BLS shows that approximately 20% of new businesses fail during the first two years of being open, 45% during the first five years, and 65% during the first 10 years. Only 25% of new businesses make it to 15 years or more.Feb 28, 2020

From The Bureau Of Labor Statistics

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), this isn't necessarily true. Data from the BLS shows that approximately 20% of new businesses fail during the first two years of being open, 45% during the first five years, and 65% during the first 10 years. Only 25% of new businesses make it to 15 years or more.Feb 28, 2020
As I said: Successful businesses don't have net losses to carry over that cover their profits for a decade.

Republican plans to tax the poor instead are even more futile and ignorant. Who's got the money?

They all suck. Say it!
Especially dinosaurs like this one:omg:
AP_8404290127-1578691052-e1578691375940.jpg

"AS EARLY AS 1984 and as recently as 2018, former Vice President Joe Biden called for cuts to Social Security in the name of saving the program and balancing the federal budget.

"Last week, Sen. Bernie Sanders highlighted Biden’s record on Social Security in prosecuting the case that Biden isn’t the most electable candidate.

Fact Check: Joe Biden Has Advocated Cutting Social Security for 40 Years

They all suck. Say it!
Let me be very clear. I think Joe Biden is a despicable slimeball. I don't like anything he does.
But Trump is fine, right?
I am a Conservative Republican. I like DJT.
Well, you've been suckered then which is a shame. He's every bit the slimeball Joe Biden is.
What did DJT promise us?

A tax cut-he delivered
A border wall-he delivered
Out of the Iran deal-he did
Strong military-he did
Better trade deals-he did

These Dem idiots never learned what Kennedy, Reagan and Trump learned. Cutting taxes puts more money into the economy and the Fed coffers than raising them ever did. They will never, ever learn that lesson.

Trickle down economics has never worked, but it does enrich the rich enormously.

I guess it depends. Trickle down does work to those of us who put ourselves into a position to catch the trickle. It doesn't work for those who spend their days swinging on the front porch hoping the trickle will come to them.
It’s amazing the blindness of some Americans. In my life time I’ve witnessed an enormous concentration of wealth to the top. We all know income inequality is a major problem, and it continues to increasingly to get worse.

We all know the ultra wealthy buy all sorts of benefits from a corrupt government that is clearly for sale. This creates all sorts of dysfunctional and unjust consequences. Many on the right refuse to believe their own eyes.

Sure and those rich pay 60% of all Fed taxes payed while we have many in this country who pay no taxes at all.
Correct. We have millions of Americans below the poverty line, millions more on Food Stamps and millions on welfare who pay no income tax.
Yeah they should pay income tax even though they have little to no income. This while the ultra wealthy pay little income tax, because their wealth doesn’t come from income.

Can’t fix stupid.

As I said: Successful businesses don't have net losses to carry over that cover their profits for a decade.

Write-offs are not necessarily losses. If you buy three million dollar machines, it's an investment that you can write-off.

If I buy a new snowblower, lawnmower, reroof a house, I have to write that off for 30 years. I just purchased a new furnace to replace a drastically old one for one of my units. $3,200. I cannot deduct the entire thing this year. What I have to do is write off the amount for August through December, and every year afterwards I get to write off a little bit of that furnace.

The dems don’t understand economics or even math.
They think that the rich are somehow locked into staying in high tax areas. They think that their money can’t be moved into other countries.
They don’t realize that businesses can leave money overseas Instead of bringing it into the U.S. where it spends just as well there.
They don’t realize that businesses are not going to take a hit to the bottom line, they will just pass that hit onto higher prices for the consumer.
Raise the minimum wage to raise more tax revenue.

They all suck. Say it!
Let me be very clear. I think Joe Biden is a despicable slimeball. I don't like anything he does.
But Trump is fine, right?
I am a Conservative Republican. I like DJT.
Well, you've been suckered then which is a shame. He's every bit the slimeball Joe Biden is.
What did DJT promise us?

A tax cut-he delivered
A border wall-he delivered
Out of the Iran deal-he did
Strong military-he did
Better trade deals-he did
Tax cut was supposed to pay for itself.
Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall.
Iran deal was supposed to be replaced with a better one.
Europe and Korea were supposed to pay us for our troops.
Trade deals were supposed to bring jobs back.

You got half of what you were told. The easy half.

Yeah they should pay income tax even though they have little to no income. This while the ultra wealthy pay little income tax, because their wealth doesn’t come from income.

Can’t fix stupid.

The top 20% pay over 80% of all collected income taxes for the rest of us. Nearly half of our population pay no income tax at all. It's about time everybody chipped in something.

Sure and those rich pay 60% of all Fed taxes payed while we have many in this country who pay no taxes at all.
Correct. We have millions of Americans below the poverty line, millions more on Food Stamps and millions on welfare who pay no income tax.
Why do right wingers complain about taxes when even the Poor have "tax shelters"?

They all suck. Say it!
Especially dinosaurs like this one:omg:
AP_8404290127-1578691052-e1578691375940.jpg

"AS EARLY AS 1984 and as recently as 2018, former Vice President Joe Biden called for cuts to Social Security in the name of saving the program and balancing the federal budget.

"Last week, Sen. Bernie Sanders highlighted Biden’s record on Social Security in prosecuting the case that Biden isn’t the most electable candidate.

Fact Check: Joe Biden Has Advocated Cutting Social Security for 40 Years
Yet righties think he’s a fucking commie. LMFAO.

Dumb Joe Biden is a neocon more conservative than dumb Don.

Forum List

Back