Tax Due Date

Mr Natural

Platinum Member
Aug 23, 2009
Did I hear something about the Income Tax due date being moved out to September 15?

Did I hear something about the Income Tax due date being moved out to September 15?
I heard that also and think it is true. I have to make quarterly payments, due to income. Anybody heard if quarterly payments can be avoided without penalty at tax time, as I always just write the check in January as I did this year before it was announced.

I’ve already paid mine. Not sure why others would need an extension.

Are IRS offices open to help people with their tax issues?

I heard that also and think it is true. I have to make quarterly payments, due to income. Anybody heard if quarterly payments can be avoided without penalty at tax time, as I always just write the check in January as I did this year before it was announced.
Form an S-Corp.

Form an S-Corp.
I don't think that will work at our income level. We are just noticeable, for having triggered some arbitrary rule, but not large enough to be an apple in their eye or profitable to screw over for the public good. If I pay the penalty (have last 3 years in January or February) it is not that high and is not higher than the benefit of keeping it working without undue worry about what they would like me to do. It is not that I really resent the money, I just prefer to think of taxes as an annual balloon payment, but suspect they are thinking about what they might miss if I kick the bucket before tax filing day, as very little goes to them before I file.

Form an S-Corp.
I don't think that will work at our income level. We are just noticeable, for having triggered some arbitrary rule, but not large enough to be an apple in their eye or profitable to screw over for the public good. If I pay the penalty (have last 3 years in January or February) it is not that high and is not higher than the benefit of keeping it working without undue worry about what they would like me to do. It is not that I really resent the money, I just prefer to think of taxes as an annual balloon payment, but suspect they are thinking about what they might miss if I kick the bucket before tax filing day, as very little goes to them before I file.
Pass-through taxation. You really need to seek help from a CPA.

Form an S-Corp.
Pass-through taxation. You really need to seek help from a CPA.
You are probably correct. Wasn't like this when I worked and I am not used to retirement yet, just enjoying it.

Forum List

Back