Target Stores Still Struggle With Men Using Women's Bathroom: $10 Billion + $20 Million Lost

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Update August 17, 2016 Target's $20 million answer to transgender bathroom boycott

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Target, facing a boycott over its policy of allowing transgender customers and employees to use the bathroom of their choice, says it will spend $20 million to expand bathroom options at all of its U.S. stores....Target CFO Cathy Smith said Wednesday that the company has heard objections to the transgender bathroom policy from some customers, though she said other customers had voiced support. In response, Target has decided to expand its use of a third, single-toilet bathroom at all of its stores, which can be locked by users....

More

The retailer reported disappointing sales and cut its forecast on future sales Wednesday morning, sending its stock lower...Smith said there is no evidence the boycott has had any significant effect on sales, despite the 7% drop in sales compared to a year ago, along with further sales declines now predicted for later this year...But boycott leaders, who have collected 1.4 million signatures online, have claimed their efforts to pressure Target is taking a bite out of sales.

As a rule of thumb: politicians estimate that for every person who calls them about a particular issue, there are around 1,000 voters who feel the same way but are reluctant to speak out to them.

While Target's solution to enormous public pressure to not allow men in women's bathrooms has found an expensive solution to its serious miscalculation of public sentiments, it isn't solving the larger issue at hand. The courts are working now on the cases pending where certain people are insisting men can use women's facilities. It could be very cost-prohibitive as Donald Trump says in the interview below, for companies to cater to this type of dementia. On top of losing $billions in value, now Target has to patch its mistake with an additional $20 million.

And of course for those who have even a minimal understanding of how precedent in legal cases operates, there are the situations of women's communal showers, locker rooms and dressing rooms. Once a man suffering from this particular type of dementia gains legal access to a single woman's bathroom, the doors are open to him to enter any area previously segregated by gender.

For a medical refresher recap: the way Dr.s diagnose "transgender" is by the patient telling them they feel like the opposite gender trapped in the wrong body. This "objective" diagnosis is then used to launch the various legal challenges.

Trump addresses the prohibitive expense to most companies of adding a "third bathroom" for demented people.

Fortune: Target's Transgender-Friendly Bathroon Policy Is Costing It $20 Million

CFO admits some customers were peeved over bathroom policy.
Target TGT -6.43% is spending millions to add private single-stall locking bathrooms at many of its stores as it looks to reverse a drop in shopper traffic, some of which may have been caused by the retailer’s transgender-friendly bathroom policy.

In April, the discounter said on a blog that transgender workers and customers could use the restroom aligned with the gender they identify with, wading into a national controversy and raising the ire of part of its clientele. The move led to a purported boycott of Target by at least one million customers

I stopped going to target when they got rid of boys and girls toys. I will probably never show up there again.

Am I really the only one who couldn't give a fawk about this issue? I have used both gender specific and non-gender specific restrooms in my life and couldn't really care less...

However, it seems like target is an SJW infested hell hole, which in itself warrants never setting the foot into the store.

Am I really the only one who couldn't give a fawk about this issue? I have used both gender specific and non-gender specific restrooms in my life and couldn't really care less...

However, it seems like target is an SJW infested hell hole, which in itself warrants never setting the foot into the store.
Yes, you are the only one. 17 million women rape survivors care a lot about demented men getting a legal toehold on accessing not just a store bathroom, but ALL women's hygiene/other facilities...locker rooms...dressing rooms...dorms...communal showers...

Why because they built another bathroom for demented men & women to use without disturbing the normal patrons? I'd call it good business. Too bad not every business can afford the millions it would take to build a separate bathroom just for crazy people.

We won!!! That'll show these SJW companies the public isn't going to put up with this shit any longer. Now if the silent majority here will rise up and take the presidency away from one of the bggest proponents of this liberal shit shoved down our throats: Hillary Clinton.

We won!!! That'll show these SJW companies the public isn't going to put up with this shit any longer. Now if the silent majority here will rise up and take the presidency away from one of the bggest proponents of this liberal shit shoved down our throats: Hillary Clinton.
Are you aware of how Trump feels about demented men using women's restrooms? Might want to view the video in the OP before you assure us he is with "the silent majority"...

Yeeikes! :eek-52:

The company’s shares tumbled in trading Wednesday as Target also reported its first comparable U.S. sales drop in two years and lowered its forecast for the second half of the year, including during the holidays, when it now expects sales to be flat to down 2 percent.

It was a stark change from several months ago when Target executives said sales could grow as much as 2.5 percent this year. First sales drop in two years sends Target execs scrambling for answers

I stopped going to target when they got rid of boys and girls toys. I will probably never show up there again.
Is that a lurker parody or do you actually have kids that wanted toys there? Target Stores have to be a lurker Mecca at this point. Can't you just here the conversation between two or three of them at a seedy tavern: "Hey did you hear we can get in the women/little girls room now?" "Ooooh yeah! I did hear that yeah.."

Target shopping? No thanks.

Yeeikes! :eek-52:

The company’s shares tumbled in trading Wednesday as Target also reported its first comparable U.S. sales drop in two years and lowered its forecast for the second half of the year, including during the holidays, when it now expects sales to be flat to down 2 percent.

It was a stark change from several months ago when Target executives said sales could grow as much as 2.5 percent this year. First sales drop in two years sends Target execs scrambling for answers
Wal Mart sales are off around 7% also, but online sales have increased 11%.. It's the current trend in consumer shopping, saves on gas...

Wal Mart sales are off around 7% also, but online sales have increased 11%.. It's the current trend in consumer shopping, saves on gas...

Bullshit. Target is reeling from letting deranged men in its women's restrooms. Even its officials admit it. Why else would they invest $20 million when they're already tanking to build a third "whatever" bathroom? Proof's in the pudding.

True story. Just yesterday a friend who was at work phoned me to ask me to pick up two items. One everyone carries, the other only Target does. I got her the one item but refused to go into Target. I said to her "you'll have to go in there, I won't. And, be sure to use the bathroom at a gas station or something before you go in"

Forum List

Back