Donald Trump’s Lack of Respect for Science Is Alarming

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
This is from Scientific American. Let that sink in. Trump supporters aren't rational, so I don't expect them to read this article.
Donald Trump's Lack of Respect for Science Is Alarming
Four years ago in these pages, writer Shawn Otto warned our readers of the danger of a growing antiscience current in American politics. “By turning public opinion away from the antiauthoritarian principles of the nation's founders,” Otto wrote, “the new science denialism is creating an existential crisis like few the country has faced before.” Donald Trump also has shown an authoritarian tendency to base policy arguments on questionable assertions of fact and a cult of personality.
Americans have long prided themselves on their ability to see the world for what it is, as opposed to what someone says it is or what most people happen to believe. In one of the most powerful lines in American literature, Huck Finn says: “It warn't so. I tried it.” A respect for evidence is not just a part of the national character. It goes to the heart of the country's particular brand of democratic government. When the founding fathers, including Benjamin Franklin, scientist and inventor, wrote arguably the most important line in the Declaration of Independence—“We hold these truths to be self-evident”—they were asserting the fledgling nation's grounding in the primacy of reason based on evidence.

Scientific American is not in the business of endorsing political candidates. But we do take a stand for science—the most reliable path to objective knowledge the world has seen—and the Enlightenment values that gave rise to it. For more than 170 years we have documented, for better and for worse, the rise of science and technology and their impact on the nation and the world.
The bomb:
When the major Republican candidate for president has tweeted that global warming is a Chinese plot, threatens to dismantle a climate agreement 20 years in the making and to eliminate an agency that enforces clean air and water regulations, and speaks passionately about a link between vaccines and autism that was utterly discredited years ago, we can only hope that there is nowhere to go but up.

This is from Scientific American. Let that sink in. Trump supporters aren't rational, so I don't expect them to read this article.
Donald Trump's Lack of Respect for Science Is Alarming
Four years ago in these pages, writer Shawn Otto warned our readers of the danger of a growing antiscience current in American politics. “By turning public opinion away from the antiauthoritarian principles of the nation's founders,” Otto wrote, “the new science denialism is creating an existential crisis like few the country has faced before.” Donald Trump also has shown an authoritarian tendency to base policy arguments on questionable assertions of fact and a cult of personality.
Americans have long prided themselves on their ability to see the world for what it is, as opposed to what someone says it is or what most people happen to believe. In one of the most powerful lines in American literature, Huck Finn says: “It warn't so. I tried it.” A respect for evidence is not just a part of the national character. It goes to the heart of the country's particular brand of democratic government. When the founding fathers, including Benjamin Franklin, scientist and inventor, wrote arguably the most important line in the Declaration of Independence—“We hold these truths to be self-evident”—they were asserting the fledgling nation's grounding in the primacy of reason based on evidence.

Scientific American is not in the business of endorsing political candidates. But we do take a stand for science—the most reliable path to objective knowledge the world has seen—and the Enlightenment values that gave rise to it. For more than 170 years we have documented, for better and for worse, the rise of science and technology and their impact on the nation and the world.
The bomb:
When the major Republican candidate for president has tweeted that global warming is a Chinese plot, threatens to dismantle a climate agreement 20 years in the making and to eliminate an agency that enforces clean air and water regulations, and speaks passionately about a link between vaccines and autism that was utterly discredited years ago, we can only hope that there is nowhere to go but up.

dumb Donald doesn't respect the country; doesn't respect the constitution; doesn't respect our systemof government; doesn't respect women, minorities or gays; dumb Donald is the internet troll as presidential candidate.

notice who the trumpsters are on the board. you'll see the correlation.

Key words science denier.....aka leftwing propaganda.

When liberals figure out basic biology of only 2 genders you are born with, then we can discuss more complex matters

When liberals figure out basic biology of only 2 genders you are born with, then we can discuss more complex matters
Left wing propaganda? YOU don't even have an actual fucking response to the article. Typical of a trump supporter.

Left wing propaganda? YOU don't even have an actual fucking response to the article. Typical of a trump supporter.

Learn biology 101....then talk.
I'm pretty sure I know about biology. You want to deflect and insult the LGBT community in a thread about Donald Trumps idiocy. Address the thread, pussy.

I'm pretty sure I know about biology. You want to deflect and insult the LGBT community in a thread about Donald Trumps idiocy. Address the thread, pussy.

Nope basic biology......pretty simple....you can't grasp that

You don't understand the difference between sex and gender. Go to another thread about that, address the OP. Pussy.

You don't understand the difference between sex and gender. Go to another thread about that, address the OP. Pussy.

No it's simple men have a twig and berries, women have a taco.

What's not to get?

What's not to get?
Can't answer the question? :eusa_think:

What your fake science about sex and gender?
More made up bullshit from the left like climate change, eugenics and sexual deviance is genetic.

What's not to get?

See....he was right.

What's not to get?

See....he was right.
No, he is refusing to answer the question about the difference between sex and gender. That's my point.

What's not to get?

See....he was right.
No, he is refusing to answer the question about the difference between sex and gender. That's my point.

Sex is fun and gender is what you are?

What's not to get?

See....he was right.

Jesus christ, you're an idiot.

What's not to get?

See....he was right.

Its called mocking dipshit

Sex IS gender......been that way forever, biology 101

Last edited:

See....he was right.

Ots.cslled.mocking.dipshit

Sex IS gender......been that way forever, biology 101
:lmao:

Forum List

Back