TAPS- Why America is Not Coming Back

[
You come off as jealous and spiteful

You don't mind rich guys as long as they are kidding you they care more for you than the GOP. The tired old lines are now boring...yawn. The moochers are a greatful bunch of takers that in 2008 was a huge voting block for all the wrong reasons.....gimme gimme gimme. If that floats your boat that's fine but your lack of self awareness is what confuses the rest of us

Yes, we don't have poor people in Congress.

In either party.

But I have to ask who is the moocher?

The guy who collects an eight figure salary why the people who did the work are getting sub-standard wages and have to go on food stamps and medicaid to survive is a moocher. He's getting fat off the hard work of others.

But here's the thing you don't get.

It would strike me that if you want to say work is a virtue, then you shouldn't go around cheating workers at every oppurtunity, and then act surprise when they just vote themselves what you should have been providing all along.

It's more than congress, who are you trying to kid? Wealthy dems are just fine with you no matter what their profession. It's the lies they tell that impress you

Who are the moochers? Your word not mine. But the boogie man scenario you like to pretend is the root cause just doesn't really play well in reality if you still vote dem. We now live in a nation where a huge block of voters receive govt handouts. I'm not surprised they vote to keep the gravy train coming their way. I'm surprised you don't just admit it but instead play the victim/hero game

Romney was born with a silver rolodex in his hands.

The man never had to worry about meeting a mortgage payment in his life.

As Rick Perry observed, the only time Mitt Romney had to worry about a pink slip is when he wondered if he would run out of them to hand out to other people.

And when he walked out there talking about how he liked to fire people and how half of us were moochers, we kicked his worthless Mormon Ass back to Utah where it belonged.

so what?
You have seven out of the top richest people in Congress that are Democrat and you don't seem to have a problem with them?
you hated Romney we all know that...so please don't put us through your BS about him again and try to stay on the topic of the tread, which is WE America are never coming back

Waaaah, there are rich Democrats, too, so that makes what the Rich do okay.

Here's the problem. As much as I despise rich people, and the worship the right has for them, I do realize they are necessary.

I just think we shouldn't give them the kitchen sink.

You guys whine about how Americans are voting for free stuff and how America is gone, but tell me...

who sent all the good manufacturing jobs to China?

Wasn't working people.

It was the rich people you worship.

Going back to Romney, the real criminal thing he said at that luncheon was how he thought it was wonderful that there were 120 Chinese women crowded into a dorm with a single toilet making him money, while they had to use barbed wire to keep them in line.

God, you people are stupid.

For starters
1. EPA
2. Corporate Tax Rates
3. Unions

[

Hilarious.
Another completely stupid and pointless post by you.
Being born wealthy is not a crime.
Being a Mormon is not something to look down on.
And WTF does any of this rant have to do with the topic at hand??

Belonging to a cult started by con men who wanted to fuck little girls is DEFINITELY something to look down upon.

And, sorry, I was addressing the claim that Romney got where he got through hard work.

Nope. He was born rich, and used that money to screw working folks to make himself richer.

And lo and behold, when he went off to run for President, all those folks he and his brethren laid off voted for "Free stuff".

Me, I just voted against him because I hate Mormons.

WRONG !!

Romney and Ryan and the GOP work on the philosophy of "I've Got Mine, i worked my ass off to get it, now get off your lazy asses and welfare, get a job. :up: ... :lmao:

As Rick Perry observed, the only time Mitt Romney had to worry about a pink slip is when he wondered if he would run out of them to hand out to other people.

And when he walked out there talking about how he liked to fire people and how half of us were moochers, we kicked his worthless Mormon Ass back to Utah where it belonged.

Hilarious.

Absolutely correct.

But it should not entitle one to more political access than anyone not born into wealth.

Money should not equal power.

[

Wasn't working people.

Going back to Romney, the real criminal thing he said at that luncheon was how he thought it was wonderful that there were 120 Chinese women crowded into a dorm with a single toilet making him money, while they had to use barbed wire to keep them in line.

For starters
1. EPA
2. Corporate Tax Rates
3. Unions

I'll bet you are one of those people who blames rape victims for wearing short skirts.

Besides the fact our corporate tax rate isn't really that high compared to other countries, and some corporations pay no tax at all.

Most manufacturing jobs aren't unionized. Yet they still close down factories all the time. So that dog won't hunt.

Then you have the EPA. Yup, damn that EPA demanding we have clean air and clean water.

You know, I recently had the pleasure of hosting a colleague from one of our Chinese plants.

Do you know what amazed her about Chicago? That it was a big city and it wasn't blanketed in smog like most Chinese cities are.

But, no, that Damn EPA, driving out jobs by keeping the air clean.

so what?
You have seven out of the top richest people in Congress that are Democrat and you don't seem to have a problem with them?
you hated Romney we all know that...so please don't put us through your BS about him again and try to stay on the topic of the tread, which is WE America are never coming back

Waaaah, there are rich Democrats, too, so that makes what the Rich do okay.

Here's the problem. As much as I despise rich people, and the worship the right has for them, I do realize they are necessary.

I just think we shouldn't give them the kitchen sink.

You guys whine about how Americans are voting for free stuff and how America is gone, but tell me...

Wasn't working people.

For starters
1. EPA
2. Corporate Tax Rates
3. Unions

Well no.

It was cheap labor and tax breaks for investing overseas.

As well as technology upgrades that allow for overseas connectivity to technical centers.

How many times have we seen one of the major corperation CEO's drive the companies net worth down by an order of magnitude, lay off 1/3 of the workforce two weeks before Christmas, retire, and walk off with a golden parachute worth many times what a craftsman will make in a life time? These people are thieves, no other term fits.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMhvYeQPOcE]Wealth Distribution in the USA - SHOCKING! - YouTube[/ame]

No, it is not taps for America. But it is going to be taps for this kind of inequitable reward for effort. Whether we do it by law or tax structure, it must be done for the good of the nation.

Interesting article. The author does makes some good points.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, he doesn't.

Romney and Ryan and the GOP work on the philosophy of "I've Got Mine, Fuck You".

That kind of philosophy died in September 2008, when we all found out how close most of us are to the abyss.

Probably when we saw that despite all our hard work, we found ourselves with busted 401K's and underwater mortgages and reduced salaries while the 1% got bailouts and bonuses.

And then we caught Romney talking to a bunch of 1%ers who paid more for a single plate than most of us make in a year talk about how half of us are "moochers". A guy who pays 11% tax on his wealth while the rest of us are paying more.

The only thing that got Romney as close as he was is that a lot of you dumb rednecks getting shat upon by the 1% are too racist and religious to realize you are being crapped on.

You are a shinning example of what the OP is all about.

Romny was is 100 percent correct. you are 100 percent wrong. The only people that come close to shitting on me is people like yourself,intolerant,bigoted assholes one and all.

You fucks continue the defame Romny to this day,over his comments,and as sure as the sun come up in the east,the same things were are being said at Dem fundraisers,but ass hats like yourself,can't won't self examine,your all a bunch of fucking hypocritical dumb ass's

[

Actually, ones with under water mortgages have no one to blame but themselves. But those days are gone as the article states

-Geaux

No, they should blame the people who manipulated the market, who built a shitload of "McMansions" and marketted them to people who couldn't afford them. Who wrote out home loans to people who couldn't afford them on the theory that they could always foreclose and sell them at a profit. Then they took these bad mortgages and sold them off as investments, crashing the economy.

The rest of us were just doing our jobs, getting on with our lives.

But the 1%ers were all laughing it up.

Oops. Someone caught it on tape.

Yea like Fannie may and Freddie Mack the largest home mortgage organization's ever
and we all know who controlled them a big fat gay prick from Mass.

You are one Jealous fool if you spent half as much time complaining about the rich on trying to be rich you would already have a Mcmansion. By the way when a Mcmansion is built it provides many Blue color jobs and for several years. Trickle down

Last edited by a moderator:

Hilarious.

Absolutely correct.

But it should not entitle one to more political access than anyone not born into wealth.

Money should not equal power.

oh boy..then you better start cleaning out the Democrat party, then we'll take you liberal/democrats Serious when you say stuff like that...Obama wasn't some poor person you all elected to be President, so again you speak out of both sides of your ass, I mean mouth

[

Actually, ones with under water mortgages have no one to blame but themselves. But those days are gone as the article states

-Geaux

No, they should blame the people who manipulated the market, who built a shitload of "McMansions" and marketted them to people who couldn't afford them. Who wrote out home loans to people who couldn't afford them on the theory that they could always foreclose and sell them at a profit. Then they took these bad mortgages and sold them off as investments, crashing the economy.

Yea like Fannie may and Freddie Mack the largest home mortgage organization's ever

You are one Jealous fool if you spent half as much time complaining about the rich on trying to be rich you would already have a Mcmansion. By the way when a Mcmansion is built it provides many Blue color jobs and for several years. Trickle down

Those of us that actually work for a living fully understand what trickle down really means. It is a euphism for 'Piss on the Peon'. And it only takes about 3 months for one of those McMansions to be built, from foundation to move in.

Last edited by a moderator:
4its post Explains the truth very well he only left out a simpler term Americans are stupid...
and wrongfully educated...

We Are Not Coming Back
Please take a moment to digest this provocative article by a Jewish Rabbifrom Teaneck , N.J.
It is far and away the most succinct and thoughtful explanation of how our nation is changing. The article appeared in The Israel National News, and is directed to Jewish readership. 70% of American Jews vote as Democrats. The Rabbi has some interesting comments in that regard.

Rabbi Steven Pruzansky is the spiritual leader of Congregation Bnai Yeshurun in Teaneck, New Jersey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The most charitable way of explaining the election results of 2012 is that Americans voted for the status quo - for the incumbent President and for a divided Congress. They must enjoy gridlock, partisanship, incompetence, economic stagnation and avoidance of responsibility. And fewer people voted.

But as we awake from the nightmare, it is important to eschew the facile explanations for the Romney defeat that will prevail among the chattering classes. Romney did not lose because of the effects of Hurricane Sandy that devastated this area, nor did he lose because he ran a poor campaign, nor did he lose because the Republicans could have chosen better candidates, nor did he lose because Obama benefited from a slight uptick in the economy due to the business cycle.

Romney lost because he didn't get enough votes to win.

That might seem obvious, but not for the obvious reasons. Romney lost because the conservative virtues - the traditional American virtues – of
Liberty, hard work, free enterprise, private initiative and aspirations to moral greatness - no longer inspire or animate a majority of the electorate.

The simplest reason why Romney lost was because it is impossible to compete against free stuff.

Every businessman knows this; that is why the "loss leader" or the giveaway is such a powerful marketing tool. Obama's America is one in which free stuff is given away: the adults among the 47,000,000 on food stamps clearly recognized for whom they should vote, and so they did, by the tens of millions; those who - courtesy of Obama - receive two full years of unemployment benefits (which, of course, both disincentivizes looking for work and also motivates people to work off the books while collecting their windfall) surely know for whom to vote. The lure of free stuff is irresistible.

The defining moment of the whole campaign was the revelation of the secretly-recorded video in which Romney acknowledged the difficulty of winning an election in which "47% of the people" start off against him because they pay no taxes and just receive money - "free stuff" - from the government.

Almost half of the population has no skin in the game - they don't care about high taxes, promoting business, or creating jobs, nor do they care that the money for their free stuff is being borrowed from their children
And from the Chinese.

They just want the free stuff that comes their way at someone else's expense. In the end, that 47% leaves very little margin for error for any Republican, and does not bode well for the future.

It is impossible to imagine a conservative candidate winning against such overwhelming odds. People do vote their pocketbooks. In essence, the people vote for a Congress who will not raise their taxes, and for a President who will give them free stuff, never mind who has to pay for it.

That engenders the second reason why Romney lost: the inescapable conclusion that the electorate is ignorant and uninformed. Indeed, it does not pay to be an informed voter, because most other voters - the clear majority – are unintelligent and easily swayed by emotion and raw populism. That is the indelicate way of saying that too many people vote with their hearts and not their heads. That is why Obama did not have to produce a second term agenda, or even defend his first-term record. He needed only to portray Mitt Romney as a rapacious capitalist who throws elderly women over a cliff, when he is not just snatching away their cancer medication, while starving the poor and cutting taxes for the rich.

During his 1956 presidential campaign, a woman called out to Adlai Stevenson: "Senator, you have the vote of every thinking person!" Stevenson called back: "That's not enough, madam, we need a majority!"
Truer words were never spoken.

Obama could get away with saying that "Romney wants the rich to play by a different set of rules" - without ever defining what those different rules were; with saying that the "rich should pay their fair share" - without ever defining what a "fair share" is; with saying that Romney wants the poor, elderly and sick to "fend for themselves" - without even acknowledging that all these government programs are going bankrupt, their current insolvency only papered over by deficit spending.

Similarly, Obama (or his surrogates) could hint to blacks that a Romney victory would lead them back into chains and proclaim to women that their abortions and birth control would be taken away.. He could appeal to Hispanics that Romney would have them all arrested and shipped to Mexico and unabashedly state that he will not enforce the current immigration laws. He could espouse the furtherance of the incestuous relationship between governments and unions - in which politicians ply the unions with public money, in exchange for which the unions provide the politicians with votes, in exchange for which the politicians provide more money and the unions provide more votes, etc., even though the money is gone.

Obama also knows that the electorate has changed - that whites will soon be a minority in America (they're already a minority in California) and that the new immigrants to the US are primarily from the Third World and do not share the traditional American values that attracted immigrants in the 19th and 20th centuries. It is a different world, and a different America . Obama is part of that different America , knows it, and knows how to tap into it. That is why he won.

Obama also proved again that negative advertising works, invective sells, and harsh personal attacks succeed. That Romney never engaged in such diatribes points to his essential goodness as a person; his "negative ads" were simple facts, never personal abuse - facts about high unemployment,
lower take-home pay, a loss of American power and prestige abroad, a lack of leadership, etc. As a politician, though, Romney failed because he did not embrace the devil's bargain of making unsustainable promises.

It turned out that it was not possible for Romney and Ryan - people of substance, depth and ideas - to compete with the shallow populism and platitudes of their opponents. Obama mastered the politics of envy – of class warfare - never reaching out to Americans as such but to individual groups, and cobbling together a winning majority from these minority groups. If an Obama could not be defeated - with his record and his vision of America , in which free stuff seduces voters - it is hard to envision any change in the future.

The road to Hillary Clinton in 2016 and to a European-socialist economy - those very economies that are collapsing today in Europe - is paved.

For Jews, mostly assimilated anyway and staunch Democrats, the results demonstrate again that liberalism is their Torah. Almost 70% voted for a
president widely perceived by Israelis and most committed Jews as hostile to Israel . They voted to secure Obama's future at America 's expense and at Israel 's expense - in effect, preferring Obama to Netanyahu by a wide margin.

A dangerous time is ahead. Under present circumstances, it is inconceivable that the US will take any aggressive action against Iran and will more
likely thwart any Israeli initiative. The US will preach the importance of negotiations up until the production of the first Iranian nuclear weapon - and then state that the world must learn to live with this new reality.

But this election should be a wake-up call to Jews. There is no permanent empire, nor is there an enduring haven for Jews anywhere in the exile. The American empire began to decline in 2007, and the deterioration has been exacerbated in the last five years. This election only hastens that decline.
Society is permeated with sloth, greed, envy and materialistic excess. It has lost its moorings and its moral foundations.. The takers outnumber the givers, and that will only increase in years to come.

The "Occupy" riots across this country in the last two years were mere dress rehearsals for what lies ahead - years of unrest sparked by the increasing discontent of the unsuccessful who want to seize the fruits and the bounty of the successful, and do not appreciate the slow pace of redistribution.

If this election proves one thing, it is that the Old America is gone. And, sad for the world, it is not coming back."

THIS is exactly why the Republican party is heading for extinction. The hard working American electorate is not buying the ignorant 'maker' vs 'taker' diatribe.

They are working more hours for less pay. They are struggling to make ends meet. And the America worker is NOT the problem.

WHY Romney lost...

Mitten's remarks about 47 percent of the country being, essentially, leeches on society, shows not a dislike of the public policy but a contempt for the actual people who receive those benefits.

If there is a citizenry on this planet that does NOT have an entitlement mentality, it is the American people. American workers take less vacation time than any other people. American workers take pride in the quality of their work and their work ethic.

What Romney said is a gross insult and reveals a dangerous mindset. He reeks of contempt for middle class working people and the poor.

Who are the 47%?

Federal budget and Census data show that, in 2010, 91 percent of the benefit dollars from entitlement and other mandatory programs went to the elderly (people 65 and over), the seriously disabled, and members of working households. People who are neither elderly nor disabled — and do not live in a working household — received only 9 percent of the benefits.

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

80 percent of the workforce has seen their wages decline in real terms over the last quarter-century, and the average household has seen 40 percent of its wealth disappear during the Great Recession. Through it all, families never asked for a handout from anyone, especially Washington. They were left to go on their own, working harder, squeezing nickels, and taking care of themselves. But their economic boats have been taking on water for years, and now the crisis has swamped millions of middle class families. ref ref

"Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2gvY2wqI7M

Those of us that actually work for a living fully understand what trickle down really means. It is a euphism for 'Piss on the Peon'. And it only takes about 3 months for one of those McMansions to be built, from foundation to move in.

That's not a Mansion its just a home asshole take a ride to Billionaires row in the Hamptons and see a mcmansion. Always take 2 to 4 years. My company has been working on Mcmansions since 1974 and now my sons run it and we have always had one to do.

Ah, so now we know why racewright is kissing rich ass so profusely. He must, in order to be able to charge them outlandish prices for his services. Well, whatever floats your boat.

But those are mansions. McMansions are the cheap large houses built on small lots for the upper middle class that aspire to look as if they are wealthy. Quite often with quality of workmanship that is less than one finds in manufactured homes.

The old America was based on a few rich people exploiting everyone else... and using race and religion to keep us fighting amongst ourselves.

Good riddance.

You meant the old USSR or China, right?

Even Vietnam is to the right of the American Left

We Are Not Coming Back
Please take a moment to digest this provocative article by a Jewish Rabbifrom Teaneck , N.J.
It is far and away the most succinct and thoughtful explanation of how our nation is changing. The article appeared in The Israel National News, and is directed to Jewish readership. 70% of American Jews vote as Democrats. The Rabbi has some interesting comments in that regard.

Rabbi Steven Pruzansky is the spiritual leader of Congregation Bnai Yeshurun in Teaneck, New Jersey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The most charitable way of explaining the election results of 2012 is that Americans voted for the status quo - for the incumbent President and for a divided Congress. They must enjoy gridlock, partisanship, incompetence, economic stagnation and avoidance of responsibility. And fewer people voted.

But as we awake from the nightmare, it is important to eschew the facile explanations for the Romney defeat that will prevail among the chattering classes. Romney did not lose because of the effects of Hurricane Sandy that devastated this area, nor did he lose because he ran a poor campaign, nor did he lose because the Republicans could have chosen better candidates, nor did he lose because Obama benefited from a slight uptick in the economy due to the business cycle.

Romney lost because he didn't get enough votes to win.

That might seem obvious, but not for the obvious reasons. Romney lost because the conservative virtues - the traditional American virtues – of
Liberty, hard work, free enterprise, private initiative and aspirations to moral greatness - no longer inspire or animate a majority of the electorate.

The simplest reason why Romney lost was because it is impossible to compete against free stuff.

Every businessman knows this; that is why the "loss leader" or the giveaway is such a powerful marketing tool. Obama's America is one in which free stuff is given away: the adults among the 47,000,000 on food stamps clearly recognized for whom they should vote, and so they did, by the tens of millions; those who - courtesy of Obama - receive two full years of unemployment benefits (which, of course, both disincentivizes looking for work and also motivates people to work off the books while collecting their windfall) surely know for whom to vote. The lure of free stuff is irresistible.

The defining moment of the whole campaign was the revelation of the secretly-recorded video in which Romney acknowledged the difficulty of winning an election in which "47% of the people" start off against him because they pay no taxes and just receive money - "free stuff" - from the government.

Almost half of the population has no skin in the game - they don't care about high taxes, promoting business, or creating jobs, nor do they care that the money for their free stuff is being borrowed from their children
And from the Chinese.

They just want the free stuff that comes their way at someone else's expense. In the end, that 47% leaves very little margin for error for any Republican, and does not bode well for the future.

It is impossible to imagine a conservative candidate winning against such overwhelming odds. People do vote their pocketbooks. In essence, the people vote for a Congress who will not raise their taxes, and for a President who will give them free stuff, never mind who has to pay for it.

That engenders the second reason why Romney lost: the inescapable conclusion that the electorate is ignorant and uninformed. Indeed, it does not pay to be an informed voter, because most other voters - the clear majority – are unintelligent and easily swayed by emotion and raw populism. That is the indelicate way of saying that too many people vote with their hearts and not their heads. That is why Obama did not have to produce a second term agenda, or even defend his first-term record. He needed only to portray Mitt Romney as a rapacious capitalist who throws elderly women over a cliff, when he is not just snatching away their cancer medication, while starving the poor and cutting taxes for the rich.

During his 1956 presidential campaign, a woman called out to Adlai Stevenson: "Senator, you have the vote of every thinking person!" Stevenson called back: "That's not enough, madam, we need a majority!"
Truer words were never spoken.

Obama could get away with saying that "Romney wants the rich to play by a different set of rules" - without ever defining what those different rules were; with saying that the "rich should pay their fair share" - without ever defining what a "fair share" is; with saying that Romney wants the poor, elderly and sick to "fend for themselves" - without even acknowledging that all these government programs are going bankrupt, their current insolvency only papered over by deficit spending.

Similarly, Obama (or his surrogates) could hint to blacks that a Romney victory would lead them back into chains and proclaim to women that their abortions and birth control would be taken away.. He could appeal to Hispanics that Romney would have them all arrested and shipped to Mexico and unabashedly state that he will not enforce the current immigration laws. He could espouse the furtherance of the incestuous relationship between governments and unions - in which politicians ply the unions with public money, in exchange for which the unions provide the politicians with votes, in exchange for which the politicians provide more money and the unions provide more votes, etc., even though the money is gone.

Obama also knows that the electorate has changed - that whites will soon be a minority in America (they're already a minority in California) and that the new immigrants to the US are primarily from the Third World and do not share the traditional American values that attracted immigrants in the 19th and 20th centuries. It is a different world, and a different America . Obama is part of that different America , knows it, and knows how to tap into it. That is why he won.

Obama also proved again that negative advertising works, invective sells, and harsh personal attacks succeed. That Romney never engaged in such diatribes points to his essential goodness as a person; his "negative ads" were simple facts, never personal abuse - facts about high unemployment,
lower take-home pay, a loss of American power and prestige abroad, a lack of leadership, etc. As a politician, though, Romney failed because he did not embrace the devil's bargain of making unsustainable promises.

It turned out that it was not possible for Romney and Ryan - people of substance, depth and ideas - to compete with the shallow populism and platitudes of their opponents. Obama mastered the politics of envy – of class warfare - never reaching out to Americans as such but to individual groups, and cobbling together a winning majority from these minority groups. If an Obama could not be defeated - with his record and his vision of America , in which free stuff seduces voters - it is hard to envision any change in the future.

The road to Hillary Clinton in 2016 and to a European-socialist economy - those very economies that are collapsing today in Europe - is paved.

For Jews, mostly assimilated anyway and staunch Democrats, the results demonstrate again that liberalism is their Torah. Almost 70% voted for a
president widely perceived by Israelis and most committed Jews as hostile to Israel . They voted to secure Obama's future at America 's expense and at Israel 's expense - in effect, preferring Obama to Netanyahu by a wide margin.

A dangerous time is ahead. Under present circumstances, it is inconceivable that the US will take any aggressive action against Iran and will more
likely thwart any Israeli initiative. The US will preach the importance of negotiations up until the production of the first Iranian nuclear weapon - and then state that the world must learn to live with this new reality.

But this election should be a wake-up call to Jews. There is no permanent empire, nor is there an enduring haven for Jews anywhere in the exile. The American empire began to decline in 2007, and the deterioration has been exacerbated in the last five years. This election only hastens that decline.
Society is permeated with sloth, greed, envy and materialistic excess. It has lost its moorings and its moral foundations.. The takers outnumber the givers, and that will only increase in years to come.

The "Occupy" riots across this country in the last two years were mere dress rehearsals for what lies ahead - years of unrest sparked by the increasing discontent of the unsuccessful who want to seize the fruits and the bounty of the successful, and do not appreciate the slow pace of redistribution.

If this election proves one thing, it is that the Old America is gone. And, sad for the world, it is not coming back."

THIS is exactly why the Republican party is heading for extinction. The hard working American electorate is not buying the ignorant 'maker' vs 'taker' diatribe.

They are working more hours for less pay. They are struggling to make ends meet. And the America worker is NOT the problem.

WHY Romney lost...

Mitten's remarks about 47 percent of the country being, essentially, leeches on society, shows not a dislike of the public policy but a contempt for the actual people who receive those benefits.

If there is a citizenry on this planet that does NOT have an entitlement mentality, it is the American people. American workers take less vacation time than any other people. American workers take pride in the quality of their work and their work ethic.

What Romney said is a gross insult and reveals a dangerous mindset. He reeks of contempt for middle class working people and the poor.

Who are the 47%?

Federal budget and Census data show that, in 2010, 91 percent of the benefit dollars from entitlement and other mandatory programs went to the elderly (people 65 and over), the seriously disabled, and members of working households. People who are neither elderly nor disabled — and do not live in a working household — received only 9 percent of the benefits.

Moreover, the vast bulk of that 9 percent goes for medical care, unemployment insurance benefits (which individuals must have a significant work history to receive), Social Security survivor benefits for the children and spouses of deceased workers, and Social Security benefits for retirees between ages 62 and 64. Seven out of the 9 percentage points go for one of these four purposes.

80 percent of the workforce has seen their wages decline in real terms over the last quarter-century, and the average household has seen 40 percent of its wealth disappear during the Great Recession. Through it all, families never asked for a handout from anyone, especially Washington. They were left to go on their own, working harder, squeezing nickels, and taking care of themselves. But their economic boats have been taking on water for years, and now the crisis has swamped millions of middle class families. ref ref

"Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

what the hell did the article have to do with the Repulican party?
and the video of Romney is not what you on the left get to say it was...People can make up their own minds what he meant by it.. Just like the video of Obama saying a lot of people are, greedy bible thumpers bitterly clinging to their guns
all you have here is some long winded left wing talking points spew...Nothing about the topic of the article

Last edited:
How many times have we seen one of the major corperation CEO's drive the companies net worth down by an order of magnitude, lay off 1/3 of the workforce two weeks before Christmas, retire, and walk off with a golden parachute worth many times what a craftsman will make in a life time? These people are thieves, no other term fits.

No, it is not taps for America. But it is going to be taps for this kind of inequitable reward for effort. Whether we do it by law or tax structure, it must be done for the good of the nation.

100% correct again.
Again, I am as conservative as anyone on this forum concerning economics.
This "super-elite" corporatist actions IS NOT GOOD FOR OUR COUNTRY AND HAS NO PLACE IN A FREE MARKET SYSTEM.
He is right here...there is something wrong with a CEO getting hired by the board for $100's millions per year in compensation with a guaranteed $100 million golden parachute BASED SOLEY ON RAISING THE STOCK VALUES.
This only serves a small handful of super wealthy - at the cost of everyone else.
This is NOT conservative principles and is NOT conducive to a free market system.

The reality is this chart.

productivity-and-real-wages.jpg

working people have never been working harder or more efficiently, but lo and behold, what hasn't gone up is their wages.

Yes ... The chart is reality.

Now look up the Japanese terms "Muda" and "Toyotism" ... Then how they relate to Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
At that point you may actually understand how executives and the decisions they make increase productivity without increasing labor demands.

You are correct about American employees working more efficiently ... But it wasn't because they woke up one morning and decided to.
The increase in productivity also relies on the massive reduction of inefficiency and waste throughout the manufacturing process.
Most of the changes that affect overall productivity result from actions at the upper levels ... And have nothing to do with the amount of labor at the ground level.

If a company properly implements JIT (Just In Time) techniques ... They can eliminate over production costs, as well as certain warehousing and wasted resource costs.
Outside of training ... It doesn't require the employee to work any harder ... And in most cases reduces their workload altogether.

So when you accurately attach the increase in productivity to the need for salary increase ... Then why get pissed off about paying the people who change the structure of the business increasing productivity the money they earn?

Last edited:
Interesting article. The author does makes some good points.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, he doesn't.

Romney and Ryan and the GOP work on the philosophy of "I've Got Mine, Fuck You".

That kind of philosophy died in September 2008, when we all found out how close most of us are to the abyss.

Probably when we saw that despite all our hard work, we found ourselves with busted 401K's and underwater mortgages and reduced salaries while the 1% got bailouts and bonuses.

And then we caught Romney talking to a bunch of 1%ers who paid more for a single plate than most of us make in a year talk about how half of us are "moochers". A guy who pays 11% tax on his wealth while the rest of us are paying more.

The only thing that got Romney as close as he was is that a lot of you dumb rednecks getting shat upon by the 1% are too racist and religious to realize you are being crapped on.

You are a shinning example of what the OP is all about.

Romny was is 100 percent correct. you are 100 percent wrong. The only people that come close to shitting on me is people like yourself,intolerant,bigoted assholes one and all.

You fucks continue the defame Romny to this day,over his comments,and as sure as the sun come up in the east,the same things were are being said at Dem fundraisers,but ass hats like yourself,can't won't self examine,your all a bunch of fucking hypocritical dumb ass's

JoeB is a Marxist.

Forum List

Back