TAPS- Why America is Not Coming Back

Actually, ones with under water mortgages have no one to blame but themselves. But those days are gone as the article states

-Geaux

That's incorrect.

Many of the loan agents actually lied to get their clients loans.

One of the things that the new regulations put an end to was that practice.

Which has you folks up in arms..

:bsflag:- Only a dumbass lets a loan officer convince them they have more money than they do.

-Geaux

Well no.

Most of these applications were submitted without perusal by the client.

Additionally "balloon payments" where not fully explained.

This is part of the reason why getting rid of Glass Steagall was a terrible idea.

But no conservative wants to see that come back. Fact is, they are fighting the Volcker Rule as well.

Which moochers?

I, for one, am tired of the moochers at General Dynamics and Raytheon that keep getting fat government contracts because of politicians they paid for in congress.

I'm tired of unelected morons sitting in "think tanks" like ALEC and writing legislation that gets passed in congress that was neither campaigned on or were issues. They are passed mainly to fill the pockets of their rich backers.

I'm tired of the financial industry fleecing everyone and when it all goes down the tubes, the rest of the country is left holding the bag.

That's what you folks gave us.

Enough is enough.

Sallow is 100% right here.
And any true conservative would agree.
As I have stated many times here - America is no longer a democratic republic with a free market system of building wealth...it is an oligarchy with a corporatist/oligarchical financial system that EXTRACTS wealth rather than builds it.

I am FARRRRRRRRRRRR more concerned about the $TRILLIONS that the central banks and super corporations extract from our tax dollars and have robbed us of our ability to compete in a free system where government have written regulations to benefit the super-companies than I am about a few $billion going out in welfare/food stamps etc. - Although I do obviously have an issue with that.

Last edited:
That's incorrect.

Many of the loan agents actually lied to get their clients loans.

One of the things that the new regulations put an end to was that practice.

Which has you folks up in arms..

:bsflag:- Only a dumbass lets a loan officer convince them they have more money than they do.

-Geaux

Well no.

Most of these applications were submitted without perusal by the client.

Additionally "balloon payments" where not fully explained.

This is part of the reason why getting rid of Glass Steagall was a terrible idea.

But no conservative wants to see that come back. Fact is, they are fighting the Volcker Rule as well.

Not really. Again, only a moron buys a 600K house (0% for 10/yrs) on a 40K year salary. But that just re-enforces the current pace of America. If its to good to be true, it has to be true. Free houses, phones, welfare et al

-Geaux

[
You come off as jealous and spiteful

You don't mind rich guys as long as they are kidding you they care more for you than the GOP. The tired old lines are now boring...yawn. The moochers are a greatful bunch of takers that in 2008 was a huge voting block for all the wrong reasons.....gimme gimme gimme. If that floats your boat that's fine but your lack of self awareness is what confuses the rest of us

Yes, we don't have poor people in Congress.

In either party.

But I have to ask who is the moocher?

The guy who collects an eight figure salary why the people who did the work are getting sub-standard wages and have to go on food stamps and medicaid to survive is a moocher. He's getting fat off the hard work of others.

But here's the thing you don't get.

It would strike me that if you want to say work is a virtue, then you shouldn't go around cheating workers at every oppurtunity, and then act surprise when they just vote themselves what you should have been providing all along.

[

You don't mind rich guys as long as they are kidding you they care more for you than the GOP. The tired old lines are now boring...yawn. The moochers are a greatful bunch of takers that in 2008 was a huge voting block for all the wrong reasons.....gimme gimme gimme. If that floats your boat that's fine but your lack of self awareness is what confuses the rest of us

In either party.

The guy who collects an eight figure salary why the people who did the work are getting sub-standard wages and have to go on food stamps and medicaid to survive is a moocher. He's getting fat off the hard work of others.

It would strike me that if you want to say work is a virtue, then you shouldn't go around cheating workers at every oppurtunity, and then act surprise when they just vote themselves what you should have been providing all along.

No, the employee has a job because of the hard work by the business owner. The owner took risk and made sacrifices on the road to success. IOW, the business owner has 'skin in the game'.

-Geaux

Interesting article. The author does makes some good points.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, he doesn't.

Romney and Ryan and the GOP work on the philosophy of "I've Got Mine, Fuck You".

That kind of philosophy died in September 2008, when we all found out how close most of us are to the abyss.

Probably when we saw that despite all our hard work, we found ourselves with busted 401K's and underwater mortgages and reduced salaries while the 1% got bailouts and bonuses.

And then we caught Romney talking to a bunch of 1%ers who paid more for a single plate than most of us make in a year talk about how half of us are "moochers". A guy who pays 11% tax on his wealth while the rest of us are paying more.

The only thing that got Romney as close as he was is that a lot of you dumb rednecks getting shat upon by the 1% are too racist and religious to realize you are being crapped on.

I disagree:

Every businessman knows this; that is why the "loss leader" or the giveaway is such a powerful marketing tool. Obama's America is one in which free stuff is given away: the adults among the 47,000,000 on food stamps clearly recognized for whom they should vote, and so they did, by the tens of millions; those who - courtesy of Obama - receive two full years of unemployment benefits (which, of course, both disincentivizes looking for work and also motivates people to work off the books while collecting their windfall) surely know for whom to vote. The lure of free stuff is irresistible.

Almost half of the population has no skin in the game - they don't care about high taxes, promoting business, or creating jobs, nor do they care that the money for their free stuff is being borrowed from their children

It is impossible to imagine a conservative candidate winning against such overwhelming odds. People do vote their pocketbooks. In essence, the people vote for a Congress who will not raise their taxes, and for a President who will give them free stuff, never mind who has to pay for it.

To the Bolded: Who are you referring to?

Also to the italics: Please explain where the author is incorrect?

Last edited:
[

In either party.

[youtube]Wn_iz8z2AGw[/youtube]​

No, the employee has a job because of the hard work by the business owner. The owner took risk and made sacrifices on the road to success. IOW, the business owner has 'skin in the game'.

-Geaux

Guy, words said in a working class bar never..

"My boss is a genius. I would be totally lost without him."

Come on, guy, the reality is that your boss is usually THIS GUY

6a00d8345275cf69e20133f26834ff970b-800wi

Who is usually carried by his employees, not the other way around.

It's really time to stop worshipping these guys.

Romney and Ryan and the GOP work on the philosophy of "I've Got Mine, Fuck You".

WRONG !!

Romney and Ryan and the GOP work on the philosophy of "I've Got Mine, i worked my ass off to get it, now get off your lazy asses and welfare, get a job. :up: ... :lmao:

Romney was born with a silver rolodex in his hands.

The man never had to worry about meeting a mortgage payment in his life.

As Rick Perry observed, the only time Mitt Romney had to worry about a pink slip is when he wondered if he would run out of them to hand out to other people.

And when he walked out there talking about how he liked to fire people and how half of us were moochers, we kicked his worthless Mormon Ass back to Utah where it belonged.

WRONG !!

Romney and Ryan and the GOP work on the philosophy of "I've Got Mine, i worked my ass off to get it, now get off your lazy asses and welfare, get a job. :up: ... :lmao:

As Rick Perry observed, the only time Mitt Romney had to worry about a pink slip is when he wondered if he would run out of them to hand out to other people.

And when he walked out there talking about how he liked to fire people and how half of us were moochers, we kicked his worthless Mormon Ass back to Utah where it belonged.

so what?
You have seven out of the top richest people in Congress that are Democrat and you don't seem to have a problem with them?
you hated Romney we all know that...so please don't put us through your BS about him again and try to stay on the topic of the tread, which is WE America are never coming back

Last edited:
The fat cat corporatist moochers can step off. They are far more despicable than those who mooch the government programs when they don't have. How much more wrong are those who have so much and still steal from the govt.

Yet OMama is only increasing the divide you protest

-Geaux

Wealth.png

You believe that Obama is responsible for the divide? Silly you.

[

I disagree:

Every businessman knows this; that is why the "loss leader" or the giveaway is such a powerful marketing tool. Obama's America is one in which free stuff is given away: the adults among the 47,000,000 on food stamps clearly recognized for whom they should vote, and so they did, by the tens of millions; those who - courtesy of Obama - receive two full years of unemployment benefits (which, of course, both disincentivizes looking for work and also motivates people to work off the books while collecting their windfall) surely know for whom to vote. The lure of free stuff is irresistible.

Almost half of the population has no skin in the game - they don't care about high taxes, promoting business, or creating jobs, nor do they care that the money for their free stuff is being borrowed from their children

It is impossible to imagine a conservative candidate winning against such overwhelming odds. People do vote their pocketbooks. In essence, the people vote for a Congress who will not raise their taxes, and for a President who will give them free stuff, never mind who has to pay for it.

I'm referring to the people who are on thise board all day, who apparently don't have jobs, who piss and moan about them "welfare" people when they collect their own "entitlements". Someone like a certain poster here who lives at home at 26, can't get a job because his bipolar disorder makes him unemployable, but man, he'll totally vote for the REpublicans because they are right with Jesus.

As for the Author, he's a fucking retard.

Here's the reality. 40% of households on food stamps have at least one family member with a job.

For unemployment, the disincentive to getting off of it is that employers will happily poach another company's employees, but won't look at you if you've been laid off.

The reality is this chart.

productivity-and-real-wages.jpg

working people have never been working harder or more efficiently, but lo and behold, what hasn't gone up is their wages.

WRONG !!

I am Republican, and I can tell you that is not our philosophy.

Personal accountability and personal responsibility are our philosophies.

[

I disagree:

I'm referring to the people who are on thise board all day, who apparently don't have jobs, who piss and moan about them "welfare" people when they collect their own "entitlements". Someone like a certain poster here who lives at home at 26, can't get a job because his bipolar disorder makes him unemployable, but man, he'll totally vote for the REpublicans because they are right with Jesus.

Here's the reality. 40% of households on food stamps have at least one family member with a job.

For unemployment, the disincentive to getting off of it is that employers will happily poach another company's employees, but won't look at you if you've been laid off.

working people have never been working harder or more efficiently, but lo and behold, what hasn't gone up is their wages.

Sounds to me that the 40% are living beyond their means.

-Geaux

WRONG !!

Hilarious.
Another completely stupid and pointless post by you.
Being born wealthy is not a crime.
Being a Mormon is not something to look down on.
And WTF does any of this rant have to do with the topic at hand??

[

In either party.

-Geaux

Really?

When?

Most big corporations have "boy's club" CEOs who didn't start the company. Either that, or they "inherited" their positions.

I've yet to see the "risk" you are talking about in these major corporations.

Small businesses? Yeah. My brother and I both have started restaurants and bars..and lost a small fortune doing it.

[

I disagree:

Hey, those wages you are crying for are tied up paying inflated ACA health care cost for their employee's

-Geaux

WRONG !!

so what?
You have seven out of the top richest people in Congress that are Democrat and you don't seem to have a problem with them?
you hated Romney we all know that...so please don't put us through your BS about him again and try to stay on the topic of the tread, which is WE America are never coming back

Waaaah, there are rich Democrats, too, so that makes what the Rich do okay.

Here's the problem. As much as I despise rich people, and the worship the right has for them, I do realize they are necessary.

I just think we shouldn't give them the kitchen sink.

You guys whine about how Americans are voting for free stuff and how America is gone, but tell me...

who sent all the good manufacturing jobs to China?

Wasn't working people.

It was the rich people you worship.

Going back to Romney, the real criminal thing he said at that luncheon was how he thought it was wonderful that there were 120 Chinese women crowded into a dorm with a single toilet making him money, while they had to use barbed wire to keep them in line.

God, you people are stupid.

Forum List

Back