Survival of the Fittest

Many people misunderstand Darwinism and his theory of natural selection which was later described as survival of the fittest.

An oversimplification of the theory is that people who are more physically fit and more intelligent, as well as more adaptable to their environment are also more likely to survive and pass on their genes to subsequent generations where as the "less fit" are less likely to do so.

Why do I bring this up? It's because I read the following article today.

(CNN)With a majority of adult Americans now at least partially vaccinated against coronavirus, roughly a quarter of adults say they will not try to get the shot, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS. That vaccine-hesitant 26% is much more willing to return to regular activity, far less confident in the government health officials overseeing vaccine rollouts, and opposed to vaccine requirements for everyday activities.

Overall, the poll seems to point to a country on the road to normalcy, with about 7 in 10 having gotten a vaccine or planning to do so and two-thirds comfortable returning to their regular routines. But there are sharp divisions by vaccine willingness over the role vaccines might play in a return to pre-pandemic life.

In the poll, 55% of adults say they have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine, while 45% have not -- which matches with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's statistics on vaccine distribution. Those who have not yet received a dose at this point are more likely to say that they will not try to get one than that they will seek it out. All told, 26% of adults say they will not try to get a coronavirus vaccine, about the same as those who said so in March, while 16% say they haven't yet gotten one but will do so.

Republicans remain the group most likely to say that they will not try to get a vaccine. Almost half of Republicans, 44%, feel that way, compared with 28% of independents and 8% of Democrats.

CNN Poll: About a quarter of adults say they won't try to get a Covid-19 vaccine - CNNPolitics

In my opinion, every single one of the 26% of adults who do not intend to get a vaccination deserve to get the virus.
Years ago there was a quote going around that lost a bit of its flair but still holds weight, and wishing bad things on others (death?) well...if you are bold (not the best word but I'll be nice here) enough to type that out on a public message board to gain anything from it, you are a sad case of a human being if you really do wish that. But no worries, you're not alone. Just read other comments within this thread...you seem to share that wish of death for others who do not live life as you life yours. Thank God for normal people who do not hope for others to die.

Get a healthier outlook bud. The hateful discourse you hold in your head about people who don't live the way you do or make the same choices as you do is going to cut your life by about 10 years. Since you're male, you are already down a likely decade from women..so taking another ten years off of that isn't wise. You're choice of course.

I don't wish death on anyone. But guess what? Death comes to us all. I simply take exception to people who endanger everyone else in their orbit due to pure selfishness and stupidity.

The way I look at it metaphorically is this way: If I was a fireman, please don't ask me to run into an arsonist's house to save him from his own proclivity to start fires. And to be clear, I'd rush in to save his wife and kids, but he shouldn't expect any extra effort on my part to pull him out of the flames at the possible expense of my own life.
We'd be on the same page about the risk factors of exposure from others who are not going to be vaccinated, IF we were talking about polio or.... I'll go as far to include any other respiratory illness where the odds of death were more severe than flu viruses (see graph in link below). The worst age group to become infected is 85+, however this group is highly understudied and grouped together with people 65 and over, and another study (Lancet Infectious Disease) groups this age group in the 60+crowd. That is misleading and it appears this deception is intentional. Unless you can provide explanation, it's a quandary.

Before you suggest I read pop psych articles to retreive my info, that's inaccurate. I subscribe to Sciencemag.org and keep as current as possible with latest studies that are released. I can find sources to support the info about 85 and up not being separated in the stats to show the age group most at risk. One study (Lancet Infectious Diseases) claims that people over the age of 60 have a 4.5 percent chance of death....nooo....that study did not separate the 85+ crowd. I sure don't claim to know the death rate, but these studies are bogus grouping all people ages 60 and up or 65 and up as having same risk.

Related, do you know the risk factor of children of contracting the virus and spreading it? Reportedly, close to zero. Yet, states are fighting to decide whether to mandate masks at school. That is NUTS. Not just nuts, but very suspect as to why anyone would would to reduce a risk when there is no risk.

Last edited:
Many people misunderstand Darwinism and his theory of natural selection which was later described as survival of the fittest.

An oversimplification of the theory is that people who are more physically fit and more intelligent, as well as more adaptable to their environment are also more likely to survive and pass on their genes to subsequent generations where as the "less fit" are less likely to do so.

(CNN)With a majority of adult Americans now at least partially vaccinated against coronavirus, roughly a quarter of adults say they will not try to get the shot, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS. That vaccine-hesitant 26% is much more willing to return to regular activity, far less confident in the government health officials overseeing vaccine rollouts, and opposed to vaccine requirements for everyday activities.

Overall, the poll seems to point to a country on the road to normalcy, with about 7 in 10 having gotten a vaccine or planning to do so and two-thirds comfortable returning to their regular routines. But there are sharp divisions by vaccine willingness over the role vaccines might play in a return to pre-pandemic life.

In the poll, 55% of adults say they have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine, while 45% have not -- which matches with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's statistics on vaccine distribution. Those who have not yet received a dose at this point are more likely to say that they will not try to get one than that they will seek it out. All told, 26% of adults say they will not try to get a coronavirus vaccine, about the same as those who said so in March, while 16% say they haven't yet gotten one but will do so.

Republicans remain the group most likely to say that they will not try to get a vaccine. Almost half of Republicans, 44%, feel that way, compared with 28% of independents and 8% of Democrats.

CNN Poll: About a quarter of adults say they won't try to get a Covid-19 vaccine - CNNPolitics

In my opinion, every single one of the 26% of adults who do not intend to get a vaccination deserve to get the virus.
Years ago there was a quote going around that lost a bit of its flair but still holds weight, and wishing bad things on others (death?) well...if you are bold (not the best word but I'll be nice here) enough to type that out on a public message board to gain anything from it, you are a sad case of a human being if you really do wish that. But no worries, you're not alone. Just read other comments within this thread...you seem to share that wish of death for others who do not live life as you life yours. Thank God for normal people who do not hope for others to die.

Get a healthier outlook bud. The hateful discourse you hold in your head about people who don't live the way you do or make the same choices as you do is going to cut your life by about 10 years. Since you're male, you are already down a likely decade from women..so taking another ten years off of that isn't wise. You're choice of course.

I don't wish death on anyone. But guess what? Death comes to us all. I simply take exception to people who endanger everyone else in their orbit due to pure selfishness and stupidity.

The way I look at it metaphorically is this way: If I was a fireman, please don't ask me to run into an arsonist's house to save him from his own proclivity to start fires. And to be clear, I'd rush in to save his wife and kids, but he shouldn't expect any extra effort on my part to pull him out of the flames at the possible expense of my own life.
"I don't wish death on anyone. But guess what? Death comes to us all."

Yep.....some sooner than others. * Especially if you got that shot like a dumbass*

I was grateful for the shots (four weeks apart) just like everyone else in line with me on both occasions. It was a no brainer at no cost. I'm both thankful and grateful.
No brainer.....if you don't mind being a Guinea Pig for DNA experimentation.

You've clearly struck a nerve, Mustang. But how about actually explaining why "survival of the fittest" is an "oversimplification" of Darwin's theory and how that distinction relates to getting COVID-19 vaccinations?

Yep.....some sooner than others. * Especially if you got that shot like a dumbass*
Exactl
I was grateful for the shots (four weeks apart) just like everyone else in line with me on both occasions. It was a no brainer at no cost. I'm both thankful and grateful.
Phase III experimental stage will end in 2023. By then, better alternatives will be the mix. Medical researchers are already "on it" to develop a superior response and not utilizing another mRNA route.

Personally, I have no problem with shoving someone like you out of line to let other grateful people get their vaccination.

We'd be on the same page about the risk factors of exposure from others who are not going to be vaccinated, IF we were talking about polio or.... I'll go as far to include any other respiratory illness where the odds of death were more severe than flu viruses (see graph in link below). The worst age group to become infected is 85+, however this group is highly understudied and grouped together with people 65 and over, and another study (Lancet Infectious Disease) groups this age group in the 60+crowd. That is misleading and it appears this deception is intentional. Unless you can provide explanation, it's a quandary.

Before you suggest I read pop psych articles to retreive my info, that's inaccurate. I subscribe to Sciencemag.org and keep as current as possible with latest studies that are released. I can find sources to support the info about 85 and up not being separated in the stats to show the age group most at risk. One study (Lancet Infectious Diseases) claims that people over the age of 60 have a 4.5 percent chance of death....nooo....that study did not separate the 85+ crowd. I sure don't claim to know the death rate, but these studies are bogus grouping all people ages 60 and up or 65 and up as having same risk.

Related, do you know the risk factor of children of contracting the virus and spreading it? Reportedly, close to zero. Yet, states are fighting to decide whether to mandate masks at school. That is NUTS. Not just nuts, but very suspect as to why anyone would would to reduce a risk when there is no risk.

Do you know what's true about children? They live in much closer contact with each other than adults hour by hours They wrestle and spit and are in intimate contact almost constantly. Show me a responsible parent who would be so cavalier as to say that it's a bad idea that children shouldn't be wearing masks when they just so happen to live day to day in much closer contact than adults do

If this is true, then by 2050 Trans people will be the majority and rule the world!
Trans people commit suicide at a much higher rate than any other group. They also contract HIV at a much higher rate. Furthermore, than can't pass on their genes. They have already won the Darwin award.
Nobody cares that you're Trans.

Ok. Then what do you win? All 26% ? You somehow feel better about yourself? Vindicated? You..........win a cookie?

Two things.

My preference is for people to learn a valuable lesson. After all, sometimes it takes an unwelcome outcome to teach people how foolish they were. It happens to all of us, usually when we're much younger, and we're wholly overconfident. In this case, it's the fact that the risk of getting the vaccination is next to nonexistent, while the risk of getting sick and spending time in a hospital is a much more likely outcome. And since there's no charge to get the vaccination, there's no economic opportunity cost to get the vaccination.

The second would be to thin the herd of people who shouldn't be passing their genes on to the next generation.

In the meantime. . . . We know that adaptive radiation occurs. Why do you believe naturalism is true?

We're individually surrounded by nature from birth until death, and collectively we've been surrounded by nature from before the beginning of recorded history.

And, as for me, I think the human need to express life and death in supernatural or spiritual terms is an effort to understand what is fundamentally beyond our understanding and will probably always be beyond our ability to understand.

One more thing: I certainly understand the value of variation as a necessary need to provide any species with the greatest chance to survive environmental changes. However, consciously making poor choices in the face of overwhelming evidence which shows it's not even close to being a statistically valid choice is what I would call a disqualification for survival in a world of viruses which do not discriminate based on political opinions, or any kind of opinion, for that matter.
Works for me.

If this is true, then by 2050 Trans people will be the majority and rule the world!
Trans people commit suicide at a much higher rate than any other group. They also contract HIV at a much higher rate. Furthermore, than can't pass on their genes. They have already won the Darwin award.
Nobody cares that you're Trans.
That must be your conception of wit.

Do you know what's true about children? They live in much closer contact with each other than adults hour by hours They wrestle and spit and are in intimate contact almost constantly. Show me a responsible parent who would be so cavalier as to say that it's a bad idea that children shouldn't be wearing masks when they just so happen to live day to day in much closer contact than adults do
Children don't get COVID, moron.

No one really cares about your emotional fantasies. No one deserves to get a virus because they refuse to take a vaccine that has not even been thoroughly tested and is currently an experimental drug. You would have be a perfect fit with mengeles.

Last edited:

Personally, I have no problem with shoving someone like you out of line to let other grateful people get their vaccination.
You can have mine. Just stay the fuck away with me when you start shedding spike proteins in your resperation. The vaccines are causing women to have more than one period per month...sometimes more than 3....causing blood-clots....bleeding....profuse bruising.....so you can keep it, dumbass.

Just days after he went on a video rant of debunked COVID-19 myths, Ted Nugent says he’s tested positive for COVID-19 and his symptoms have been pretty bad.
Home Bound
Stranglehold
Cat Scratch Fever
Just What The Doctor Ordered
Death By Misadventure
Yank Me, Crank Me
Paralyzed
A Thousand Knives
Seems anyone who questions Dr Fauci gets the same treatement. Weird how Ted Nugent gets COVID and Trump gets COVID.....but for some reason no Democrats get COVID.
Could it be someone is conducting bio-warfare because of political leanings?
Considering what these Democrats have been caught doing....I wouldn't be surprised at all that they're infecting their enemies with COVID using Chinese operatives.

You've clearly struck a nerve, Mustang. But how about actually explaining why "survival of the fittest" is an "oversimplification" of Darwin's theory and how that distinction relates to getting COVID-19 vaccinations?

'Survival of the fittest' is a phrase coined by Herbert Spencer, not Charles Darwin. Darwin borrowed the phrase years later.

Get a real education, will ya?

'Survival of the fittest' is a phrase coined by Herbert Spencer, not Charles Darwin. Darwin borrowed the phrase years later.

Get a real education, will ya?

I knew that. That's why I stated that it was later "described" as survival of the fittest.

Forum List

Back