Survival of the Fittest

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Many people misunderstand Darwinism and his theory of natural selection which was later described as survival of the fittest.

An oversimplification of the theory is that people who are more physically fit and more intelligent, as well as more adaptable to their environment are also more likely to survive and pass on their genes to subsequent generations where as the "less fit" are less likely to do so.

Why do I bring this up? It's because I read the following article today.

(CNN)With a majority of adult Americans now at least partially vaccinated against coronavirus, roughly a quarter of adults say they will not try to get the shot, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS. That vaccine-hesitant 26% is much more willing to return to regular activity, far less confident in the government health officials overseeing vaccine rollouts, and opposed to vaccine requirements for everyday activities.

Overall, the poll seems to point to a country on the road to normalcy, with about 7 in 10 having gotten a vaccine or planning to do so and two-thirds comfortable returning to their regular routines. But there are sharp divisions by vaccine willingness over the role vaccines might play in a return to pre-pandemic life.

In the poll, 55% of adults say they have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine, while 45% have not -- which matches with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's statistics on vaccine distribution. Those who have not yet received a dose at this point are more likely to say that they will not try to get one than that they will seek it out. All told, 26% of adults say they will not try to get a coronavirus vaccine, about the same as those who said so in March, while 16% say they haven't yet gotten one but will do so.

Republicans remain the group most likely to say that they will not try to get a vaccine. Almost half of Republicans, 44%, feel that way, compared with 28% of independents and 8% of Democrats.

CNN Poll: About a quarter of adults say they won't try to get a Covid-19 vaccine - CNNPolitics

In my opinion, every single one of the 26% of adults who do not intend to get a vaccination deserve to get the virus.

Last edited:
Many of those 26% probably either have already gotten the virus and have natural immunity or are young and healthy enough that getting the virus is low risk. Perhaps both.

Ok. Then what do you win? All 26% ? You somehow feel better about yourself? Vindicated? You..........win a cookie?

I'm not sure how the Darwinism angle has anything to do with the rest of the OP.

Many people misunderstand Darwinism and his theory of natural selection which was later described as survival of the fittest.

An oversimplification of the theory is that people who are more physically fit and more intelligent, as well as more adaptable to their environment are also more likely to survive and pass on their genes to subsequent generations where as the "less fit" are less likely to do so.

(CNN)With a majority of adult Americans now at least partially vaccinated against coronavirus, roughly a quarter of adults say they will not try to get the shot, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS. That vaccine-hesitant 26% is much more willing to return to regular activity, far less confident in the government health officials overseeing vaccine rollouts, and opposed to vaccine requirements for everyday activities.

Overall, the poll seems to point to a country on the road to normalcy, with about 7 in 10 having gotten a vaccine or planning to do so and two-thirds comfortable returning to their regular routines. But there are sharp divisions by vaccine willingness over the role vaccines might play in a return to pre-pandemic life.
In the poll, 55% of adults say they have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine, while 45% have not -- which matches with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's statistics on vaccine distribution. Those who have not yet received a dose at this point are more likely to say that they will not try to get one than that they will seek it out. All told, 26% of adults say they will not try to get a coronavirus vaccine, about the same as those who said so in March, while 16% say they haven't yet gotten one but will do so.

Republicans remain the group most likely to say that they will not try to get a vaccine. Almost half of Republicans, 44%, feel that way, compared with 28% of independents and 8% of Democrats.

CNN Poll: About a quarter of adults say they won't try to get a Covid-19 vaccine - CNNPolitics

In my opinion, every single one of the 26% of adults who do not intend to get a vaccination deserve to get the virus.
If this is true, then by 2050 Trans people will be the majority and rule the world!

If this is true, then by 2050 Trans people will be the majority and rule the world!

Ok. Then what do you win? All 26% ? You somehow feel better about yourself? Vindicated? You..........win a cookie?

Two things.

My preference is for people to learn a valuable lesson. After all, sometimes it takes an unwelcome outcome to teach people how foolish they were. It happens to all of us, usually when we're much younger, and we're wholly overconfident. In this case, it's the fact that the risk of getting the vaccination is next to nonexistent, while the risk of getting sick and spending time in a hospital is a much more likely outcome. And since there's no charge to get the vaccination, there's no economic opportunity cost to get the vaccination.

The second would be to thin the herd of people who shouldn't be passing their genes on to the next generation.

Last edited:
Those refusing to not get the vax may be subjecting themselves to long haul syndrome. Good.

Two things.

My preference is for people to learn a valuable lesson. After all, sometimes it takes an unwelcome outcome to teach people how foolish they were. It happens to all of us, usually when we're much younger, and we're wholly overconfident. In this case, it's the fact that the risk of getting the vaccination is next to nonexistent, while the risk of getting sick and spending time in a hospital is a much more likely outcome. And since there's no charge to get the vaccination, there's no economic opportunity cost to get the vaccination.

The second would be to thin the herd of people who shouldn't be passing their genes onto the next generation.
I'm not sure that you are anybody to teach anyone a lesson. Perhaps you should be listening to what is being said by those who are opposed to taking the vaccine?

Many of those 26% probably either have already gotten the virus and have natural immunity or are young and healthy enough that getting the virus is low risk. Perhaps both.

Getting the virus doesn't give you lasting immunity. Natural immunity is no protection at all. Those smart enough to get the vaccine and keep it up to date, will live. Those who don't will continue to get sick, and have lasting damage from it.

Two things.

The second would be to thin the herd of people who shouldn't be passing their genes on to the next generation.

In the meantime. . . . We know that adaptive radiation occurs. Why do you believe naturalism is true?

Give it to me, that's the thing it only kills people who are already sick you idiot.

Getting the virus doesn't give you lasting immunity. Natural immunity is no protection at all. Those smart enough to get the vaccine and keep it up to date, will live. Those who don't will continue to get sick, and have lasting damage from it.

Well sure...but that's not what the "Science" says idiot.

Give it to me, that's the thing it only kills people who are already sick you idiot.
You are a true covidiot. You will keep getting it through the years until it breaks down your body and you die.

Only thing that is better than science is better science, and better sciences says anti-vaxxers are covidiots.

It's no different than continuing smoking: you will get sick.

I have all of my other vaccines and support those vaccines. It's just those for COVID-19.

New Topics

Forum List

Back