Survival of the Fittest

Many people misunderstand Darwinism and his theory of natural selection which was later described as survival of the fittest.

An oversimplification of the theory is that people who are more physically fit and more intelligent, as well as more adaptable to their environment are also more likely to survive and pass on their genes to subsequent generations where as the "less fit" are less likely to do so.

Why do I bring this up? It's because I read the following article today.

(CNN)With a majority of adult Americans now at least partially vaccinated against coronavirus, roughly a quarter of adults say they will not try to get the shot, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS. That vaccine-hesitant 26% is much more willing to return to regular activity, far less confident in the government health officials overseeing vaccine rollouts, and opposed to vaccine requirements for everyday activities.

Overall, the poll seems to point to a country on the road to normalcy, with about 7 in 10 having gotten a vaccine or planning to do so and two-thirds comfortable returning to their regular routines. But there are sharp divisions by vaccine willingness over the role vaccines might play in a return to pre-pandemic life.

In the poll, 55% of adults say they have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine, while 45% have not -- which matches with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's statistics on vaccine distribution. Those who have not yet received a dose at this point are more likely to say that they will not try to get one than that they will seek it out. All told, 26% of adults say they will not try to get a coronavirus vaccine, about the same as those who said so in March, while 16% say they haven't yet gotten one but will do so.

Republicans remain the group most likely to say that they will not try to get a vaccine. Almost half of Republicans, 44%, feel that way, compared with 28% of independents and 8% of Democrats.

CNN Poll: About a quarter of adults say they won't try to get a Covid-19 vaccine - CNNPolitics

In my opinion, every single one of the 26% of adults who do not intend to get a vaccination deserve to get the virus.

Give it to me, that's the thing it only kills people who are already sick you idiot.
You are a true covidiot. You will keep getting it through the years until it breaks down your body and you die.

Look kid, the mortality rate is less than 2%. Of that 2% they almost ALL have between 1-3 co-morbidities. It isn't the boogeyman that you're terrified of.

Many people misunderstand Darwinism and his theory of natural selection which was later described as survival of the fittest.

An oversimplification of the theory is that people who are more physically fit and more intelligent, as well as more adaptable to their environment are also more likely to survive and pass on their genes to subsequent generations where as the "less fit" are less likely to do so.

(CNN)With a majority of adult Americans now at least partially vaccinated against coronavirus, roughly a quarter of adults say they will not try to get the shot, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS. That vaccine-hesitant 26% is much more willing to return to regular activity, far less confident in the government health officials overseeing vaccine rollouts, and opposed to vaccine requirements for everyday activities.

Overall, the poll seems to point to a country on the road to normalcy, with about 7 in 10 having gotten a vaccine or planning to do so and two-thirds comfortable returning to their regular routines. But there are sharp divisions by vaccine willingness over the role vaccines might play in a return to pre-pandemic life.

In the poll, 55% of adults say they have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine, while 45% have not -- which matches with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's statistics on vaccine distribution. Those who have not yet received a dose at this point are more likely to say that they will not try to get one than that they will seek it out. All told, 26% of adults say they will not try to get a coronavirus vaccine, about the same as those who said so in March, while 16% say they haven't yet gotten one but will do so.

Republicans remain the group most likely to say that they will not try to get a vaccine. Almost half of Republicans, 44%, feel that way, compared with 28% of independents and 8% of Democrats.

CNN Poll: About a quarter of adults say they won't try to get a Covid-19 vaccine - CNNPolitics

In my opinion, every single one of the 26% of adults who do not intend to get a vaccination deserve to get the virus.

Give it to me, that's the thing it only kills people who are already sick you idiot.
You are a true covidiot. You will keep getting it through the years until it breaks down your body and you die.

Look kid, the mortality rate is less than 2%. Of that 2% they almost ALL have between 1-3 co-morbidities. It isn't the boogeyman that you're terrified of.
So foolish, you are. Study up on long haul syndrome. The current survivor long haul is about 3 out of 10, and that will only grow with time.

I have all of my other vaccines and support those vaccines. It's just those for COVID-19.
Drive on, Disir.
You should be aware that you are trying to link two groups that may only be united with those for COVID-19.
You should be aware that this is risk analysis, with the link that both groups are threatened by the long haul. Capiche?
You should probably go back to the bridge you've been living under. Your trolling has failed.

I have all of my other vaccines and support those vaccines. It's just those for COVID-19.
Drive on, Disir.
You should be aware that you are trying to link two groups that may only be united with those for COVID-19.
You should be aware that this is risk analysis, with the link that both groups are threatened by the long haul. Capiche?
You should probably go back to the bridge you've been living under. Your trolling has failed.
My solid logic is not a troll, but your refusal to accept the obvious is such.

Ok. Then what do you win? All 26% ? You somehow feel better about yourself? Vindicated? You..........win a cookie?

Two things.

My preference is for people to learn a valuable lesson. After all, sometimes it takes an unwelcome outcome to teach people how foolish they were. It happens to all of us, usually when we're much younger, and we're wholly overconfident. In this case, it's the fact that the risk of getting the vaccination is next to nonexistent, while the risk of getting sick and spending time in a hospital is a much more likely outcome. And since there's no charge to get the vaccination, there's no economic opportunity cost to get the vaccination.

The second would be to thin the herd of people who shouldn't be passing their genes on to the next generation.
Yet it appears you haven't learned a thing about authoritarian governments and their proclivity to kill humans in the 10's of millions.

Ok. Then what do you win? All 26% ? You somehow feel better about yourself? Vindicated? You..........win a cookie?

Two things.

My preference is for people to learn a valuable lesson. After all, sometimes it takes an unwelcome outcome to teach people how foolish they were. It happens to all of us, usually when we're much younger, and we're wholly overconfident. In this case, it's the fact that the risk of getting the vaccination is next to nonexistent, while the risk of getting sick and spending time in a hospital is a much more likely outcome. And since there's no charge to get the vaccination, there's no economic opportunity cost to get the vaccination.

The second would be to thin the herd of people who shouldn't be passing their genes on to the next generation.

In the meantime. . . . We know that adaptive radiation occurs. Why do you believe naturalism is true?

We're individually surrounded by nature from birth until death, and collectively we've been surrounded by nature from before the beginning of recorded history.

And, as for me, I think the human need to express life and death in supernatural or spiritual terms is an effort to understand what is fundamentally beyond our understanding and will probably always be beyond our ability to understand.

One more thing: I certainly understand the value of variation as a necessary need to provide any species with the greatest chance to survive environmental changes. However, consciously making poor choices in the face of overwhelming evidence which shows it's not even close to being a statistically valid choice is what I would call a disqualification for survival in a world of viruses which do not discriminate based on political opinions, or any kind of opinion, for that matter.

So foolish, you are. Study up on long haul syndrome. The current survivor long haul is about 3 out of 10, and that will only grow with time.

Nope,sorry. You are going to find that the Shot, it isn't a vaccine, will be worse.

Why is Joe Biden still wearing two masks after he's been vaccinated?

Drive on, Disir.
My solid logic is not a troll, but your refusal to accept the obvious is such.

I can see what you are pretty clearly. So can everyone else.

Two things.

Yet it appears you haven't learned a thing about authoritarian governments and their proclivity to kill humans in the 10's of millions.

Oh, I assure you I have. I've been well acquainted with authoritarianism going back as far as ancient human history. And I'm sorry to say that I got a closer back row view of authoritarianism in our own country from Jan of 2017 through Jan of 2020.

thumb_125347714_189018039383942_762180802970158245_n-6995882073.jpg

Many of those 26% probably either have already gotten the virus and have natural immunity or are young and healthy enough that getting the virus is low risk. Perhaps both.

Getting the virus doesn't give you lasting immunity. Natural immunity is no protection at all. Those smart enough to get the vaccine and keep it up to date, will live. Those who don't will continue to get sick, and have lasting damage from it.
Really!!!

Why is Joe Biden still wearing two masks after he's been vaccinated?

If I would have to guess, I would say it's because he's an elderly person with incredible responsibilities to this country which he takes very seriously, and he and his aides believe that he should set a good example and not be cavalier about his own safety.

thumb_125347714_189018039383942_762180802970158245_n-6995882073.jpg

You do understand, don't you, that dogs can contract the virus?

Two things.

Oh, I assure you I have. I've been well acquainted with authoritarianism going back as far as ancient human history. And I'm sorry to say that I got a closer back row view of authoritarianism in our own country from Jan of 2017 through Jan of 2020.
Then you don't understand it at all. We are far more under an authoritarian regime right now than at any time in the past four years. And before that last administration, the authoritarianism was oppressive in the extreme.

I’m pro vaccine and I disagree. There’s so much misinformation out there. You people from the likes of Joe Rogan to Tucker Carlson giving medical advice. If misinformation wasn’t mainstream then I would agree, but it this day and age you can’t fault people for being misinformed

Two things.

Then you don't understand it at all. We are far more under an authoritarian regime right now than at any time in the past four years. And before that last administration, the authoritarianism was oppressive in the extreme.

Did you know that hot dogs and boloney are made of the same ingredients?

So, when I call your post hotdog, you can read between the lines, right?

If this is true, then by 2050 Trans people will be the majority and rule the world!
Trans people commit suicide at a much higher rate than any other group. They also contract HIV at a much higher rate. Furthermore, than can't pass on their genes. They have already won the Darwin award.

The mortality rate is less than 0.02%.

Forum List

Back