Survival of the Fittest

Many people misunderstand Darwinism and his theory of natural selection which was later described as survival of the fittest.

An oversimplification of the theory is that people who are more physically fit and more intelligent, as well as more adaptable to their environment are also more likely to survive and pass on their genes to subsequent generations where as the "less fit" are less likely to do so.

Why do I bring this up? It's because I read the following article today.

(CNN)With a majority of adult Americans now at least partially vaccinated against coronavirus, roughly a quarter of adults say they will not try to get the shot, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS. That vaccine-hesitant 26% is much more willing to return to regular activity, far less confident in the government health officials overseeing vaccine rollouts, and opposed to vaccine requirements for everyday activities.

Overall, the poll seems to point to a country on the road to normalcy, with about 7 in 10 having gotten a vaccine or planning to do so and two-thirds comfortable returning to their regular routines. But there are sharp divisions by vaccine willingness over the role vaccines might play in a return to pre-pandemic life.

In the poll, 55% of adults say they have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine, while 45% have not -- which matches with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's statistics on vaccine distribution. Those who have not yet received a dose at this point are more likely to say that they will not try to get one than that they will seek it out. All told, 26% of adults say they will not try to get a coronavirus vaccine, about the same as those who said so in March, while 16% say they haven't yet gotten one but will do so.

Republicans remain the group most likely to say that they will not try to get a vaccine. Almost half of Republicans, 44%, feel that way, compared with 28% of independents and 8% of Democrats.

CNN Poll: About a quarter of adults say they won't try to get a Covid-19 vaccine - CNNPolitics

In my opinion, every single one of the 26% of adults who do not intend to get a vaccination deserve to get the virus.
The problem with that is that they will incubate variants that will have us all back in lockdowns hoping for a new vaccine. I say round 'em up and give them their shots.

Many people misunderstand Darwinism and his theory of natural selection which was later described as survival of the fittest.

An oversimplification of the theory is that people who are more physically fit and more intelligent, as well as more adaptable to their environment are also more likely to survive and pass on their genes to subsequent generations where as the "less fit" are less likely to do so.

(CNN)With a majority of adult Americans now at least partially vaccinated against coronavirus, roughly a quarter of adults say they will not try to get the shot, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS. That vaccine-hesitant 26% is much more willing to return to regular activity, far less confident in the government health officials overseeing vaccine rollouts, and opposed to vaccine requirements for everyday activities.

Overall, the poll seems to point to a country on the road to normalcy, with about 7 in 10 having gotten a vaccine or planning to do so and two-thirds comfortable returning to their regular routines. But there are sharp divisions by vaccine willingness over the role vaccines might play in a return to pre-pandemic life.

In the poll, 55% of adults say they have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine, while 45% have not -- which matches with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's statistics on vaccine distribution. Those who have not yet received a dose at this point are more likely to say that they will not try to get one than that they will seek it out. All told, 26% of adults say they will not try to get a coronavirus vaccine, about the same as those who said so in March, while 16% say they haven't yet gotten one but will do so.

Republicans remain the group most likely to say that they will not try to get a vaccine. Almost half of Republicans, 44%, feel that way, compared with 28% of independents and 8% of Democrats.

CNN Poll: About a quarter of adults say they won't try to get a Covid-19 vaccine - CNNPolitics

In my opinion, every single one of the 26% of adults who do not intend to get a vaccination deserve to get the virus.

I’m pro vaccine and I disagree. There’s so much misinformation out there. You people from the likes of Joe Rogan to Tucker Carlson giving medical advice. If misinformation wasn’t mainstream then I would agree, but it this day and age you can’t fault people for being misinformed

I sympathize, even empathize, with your view, but people should be smart enough to not take medical advice from people who have no medical credentials whatsoever.

I mean, let's be serious here. Would you be inclined to take legal advice from a plumber? Would you take plumbing advice from a lawyer?

The problem with that is that they will incubate variants that will have us all back in lockdowns hoping for a new vaccine. I say round 'em up and give them their shots.
Spoken like a true NAZI.

I’m pro vaccine and I disagree. There’s so much misinformation out there. You people from the likes of Joe Rogan to Tucker Carlson giving medical advice. If misinformation wasn’t mainstream then I would agree, but it this day and age you can’t fault people for being misinformed

I sympathize, even empathize, with your view, but people should be smart enough to not take medical advice from people who have no medical credentials whatsoever.

I mean, let's be serious here. Would you be inclined to take legal advice from a plumber? Would you take plumbing advice from a lawyer?
People like Joe Biden and Nazi Pelosi?

Spoken like a true NAZI.
Your up to ten in just ten minutes. Are you stalking me?

Spoken like a true NAZI.
Your up to ten in just ten minutes. Are you stalking me?
You keep posting to me, NAZI.

The thing is is I don’t necessarily believe it’s about intelligence. You have brilliant people out there that are no way am I getting the jab. And at the same time you have dumbasses saying I’m getting the vaccine as soon as possible. There’s so much misinformation out there are there are skeptics. To say it’s an intelligence issue I believe is an oversimplification. Keep in mind there are brilliant people out there that believe in ridiculous shit, and there’s many reasons for that.

Years ago there was a quote going around that lost a bit of its flair but still holds weight, and wishing bad things on others (death?) well...if you are bold (not the best word but I'll be nice here) enough to type that out on a public message board to gain anything from it, you are a sad case of a human being if you really do wish that. But no worries, you're not alone. Just read other comments within this thread...you seem to share that wish of death for others who do not live life as you life yours. Thank God for normal people who do not hope for others to die.

Get a healthier outlook bud. The hateful discourse you hold in your head about people who don't live the way you do or make the same choices as you do is going to cut your life by about 10 years. Since you're male, you are already down a likely decade from women..so taking another ten years off of that isn't wise. You're choice of course.

The thing is is I don’t necessarily believe it’s about intelligence. You have brilliant people out there that are no way am I getting the jab. And at the same time you have dumbasses saying I’m getting the vaccine as soon as possible. There’s so much misinformation out there are there are skeptics. To say it’s an intelligence issue I believe is an oversimplification. Keep in mind there are brilliant people out there that believe in ridiculous shit, and there’s many reasons for that.

I take exception with you're contention that there are "brilliant people" who won't "take the jab,' because I find it unfathomable that brilliant people would do something so fundamentally foolish.

Wait, snowflake leftists who can't even endure certain words and try to procreate with the same sex are on a path to extinction?

Yeah, I understand that. A possible solution to that is a legal mandate that everyone is required to get the vaccination. Conservatives would scream bloody murder, of course. In fact, I think they would like nothing more than that because they could then accuse the gov't of being totalitarian in nature. And sadly, I think that's exactly what conservatives want because they care about having an issue more than they care about public health and/or public safety.

I take exception with you're contention that there are "brilliant people" who won't "take the jab,' because I find it unfathomable that brilliant people would do something so fundamentally foolish.

I mean there are brilliant people that believe in God and stupid people that believe it’s silly, and vice versa. Same applies to systemic racism. I would like to say I’m smarter simply by virtue of being pro vaccine, but I don’t think that’s the case. I just believe I’m on the right side on this one. I mean do you really think that there’s no one more intelligent than you is antivaxxer?

I have all of my other vaccines and support those vaccines. It's just those for COVID-19.
Drive on, Disir.
You should be aware that you are trying to link two groups that may only be united with those for COVID-19.
You should be aware that this is risk analysis, with the link that both groups are threatened by the long haul. Capiche?
You should probably go back to the bridge you've been living under. Your trolling has failed.
My solid logic is not a troll, but your refusal to accept the obvious is such.

I can see what you are pretty clearly. So can everyone else.
:)

Pork fried rice from a drummer? A pizza slice from a voyeur? :p

Last edited:

Years ago there was a quote going around that lost a bit of its flair but still holds weight, and wishing bad things on others (death?) well...if you are bold (not the best word but I'll be nice here) enough to type that out on a public message board to gain anything from it, you are a sad case of a human being if you really do wish that. But no worries, you're not alone. Just read other comments within this thread...you seem to share that wish of death for others who do not live life as you life yours. Thank God for normal people who do not hope for others to die.

Get a healthier outlook bud. The hateful discourse you hold in your head about people who don't live the way you do or make the same choices as you do is going to cut your life by about 10 years. Since you're male, you are already down a likely decade from women..so taking another ten years off of that isn't wise. You're choice of course.

I don't wish death on anyone. But guess what? Death comes to us all. I simply take exception to people who endanger everyone else in their orbit due to pure selfishness and stupidity.

The way I look at it metaphorically is this way: If I was a fireman, please don't ask me to run into an arsonist's house to save him from his own proclivity to start fires. And to be clear, I'd rush in to save his wife and kids, but he shouldn't expect any extra effort on my part to pull him out of the flames at the possible expense of my own life.

I don't wish death on anyone. But guess what? Death comes to us all. I simply take exception to people who endanger everyone else in their orbit due to pure selfishness and stupidity.

The way I look at it metaphorically is this way: If I was a fireman, please don't ask me to run into an arsonist's house to save him from his own proclivity to start fires. And to be clear, I'd rush in to save his wife and kids, but he shouldn't expect any extra effort on my part to pull him out of the flames at the possible expense of my own life.
"I don't wish death on anyone. But guess what? Death comes to us all."

Yep.....some sooner than others. * Especially if you got that shot like a dumbass*

"I don't wish death on anyone. But guess what? Death comes to us all."

Yep.....some sooner than others. * Especially if you got that shot like a dumbass*

I was grateful for the shots (four weeks apart) just like everyone else in line with me on both occasions. It was a no brainer at no cost. I'm both thankful and grateful.

Yeah, I understand that. A possible solution to that is a legal mandate that everyone is required to get the vaccination. Conservatives would scream bloody murder, of course. In fact, I think they would like nothing more than that because they could then accuse the gov't of being totalitarian in nature. And sadly, I think that's exactly what conservatives want because they care about having an issue more than they care about public health and/or public safety.
I like my solution better. Round 'em up.

Forum List

Back