Supreme Court shoots itself in the foot.

The issue is that we have a Supreme Court that clearly does not reflect the will of the people; a Court whose composition is the result of a non-democratic process – a president elected by the states, not the people, making Supreme Court appointments; a Senate elected by the states, not the people, that confirms those appointments.

The people have the right through the legislative process to address the issue of a Supreme Court that does not reflect the will of the people.
The President has ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS been elected by the States you fucking retard.

The Court has also handed the Dems a victory in 2022 and 2024

better hope so, cuz it don't look good without their help

Dems will run on “Republicans are going to end Roe v Wade”

the gop is already running on that, do you believe that because they have done so well yesterday we should co-opt it
While they have always threatened it, now it is a reality.

actually you're just joining reality
Dems will get out the vote

I was the only dem in my precinct yesterday that voted in the 4 1/2 hours I was there and the republicans trounced us here on long island...the gop always turns out to vote, ever since I was a kid...
btw, who is going to win the gubernatorial race over there in N.J.?

The issue is that we have a Supreme Court that clearly does not reflect the will of the people; a Court whose composition is the result of a non-democratic process – a president elected by the states, not the people, making Supreme Court appointments; a Senate elected by the states, not the people, that confirms those appointments.
If that were the case then roe v wade would have to be reversed on those ground, the reason it ended up in the scotus is because the voters were overwhelmingly against it and it had no chance if the will of the people were heeded.
The vast majority of the country considered it to be murder, it sounds to me like the left is finding out too late what some of us have been warning about, legislating from the bench can and probably will have consequences...now take your medicine, after all you prescribed it.

Says you. Not buying it, professor.

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof, for six Years; and each Senator shall have one Vote.

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof, for six Years; and each Senator shall have one Vote.

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.
Hmm, sorry. I don't think that supports the amount of power the minority party has right now.

To bad you need to get elected to the Senate and then convince 50 other senators to support your desire to eliminate the filibuster.
I am not really proposing that. Though I think modifying it to 55 might not be a bad idea. Just spitballin', there.

I think the first step would be to create an independent group to re-draw the congressional districts, using statistical analysis. Take control of and influence over this out of the hands of elected officials.

Second, publicly fund elections.

Third, ten-year ban on lobbying work after leaving ANY elected office.

I am not really proposing that. Though I think modifying it to 55 might not be a bad idea. Just spitballin', there.

I think the first step would be to create an independent group to re-draw the congressional districts, using statistical analysis. Take control of and influence over this out of the hands of elected officials.

Second, publicly fund elections.

Third, ten-year ban on lobbying work after leaving ANY elected office.
The right of the state to determine its districts by the legislature is a power of the people I understand you don't like the people having power but to damn bad. And why should I fund a candidate I disagree with?

That article is so flawed the writer should be ashamed to call himself a reporter.

But anyway, court packing will never happen.

Well, these supremes will follow the Constitution and the rule of laws so they are likely to disappoint anyone who thinks they are going to pack the court to impose their will.

The right of the state to determine its districts by the legislature is a power of the people
Correct. I just proposed taking that power away from the legislature and putting it in the hands of an independent commission. How you went from that to "taking away all the power of the people" is a question for a psychiatrist.

The supreme court has just handed out a ton of free ammunition, both for expansion of the court and limiting of it's "shadow docket".

Personally I was firmly against expanding the court. I see that leading to a never ending battle and a court with dozens of possibly even hundreds of justices that can't decide on anything. However this latest shenanigan has pushed me in the other direction. I'm still against it, but I see no alternative to it unless we want to let the current appointees, some of them blatantly illegal BTW, ignore and or circumvent the constitution and pervert our great nation into something it was never meant to be.

Trump should have added Alitos and Thomas's law clerks as new Justices

Forum List

Back