Supreme Court shoots itself in the foot.

Well why are you whinging about Biden making it fairer when you admit it has bern stacked.

Stacked?

1630887329766.png

Was the Supreme Court not "stacked" when it was a majority Liberal?
The court has always been staffed by the judgement of the president, as elected representative of the people, along with the advice and consent of the US senate. It's makeup reflected those judgments. This yielded a system that swayed back and forth, but which stayed mostly centered. With the justices showing surprising independence from the president who appointed them.

But all that changed.

The supreme court has just handed out a ton of free ammunition, both for expansion of the court and limiting of it's "shadow docket".

Personally I was firmly against expanding the court. I see that leading to a never ending battle and a court with dozens of possibly even hundreds of justices that can't decide on anything. However this latest shenanigan has pushed me in the other direction. I'm still against it, but I see no alternative to it unless we want to let the current appointees, some of them blatantly illegal BTW, ignore and or circumvent the constitution and pervert our great nation into something it was never meant to be.

This little rant is the foolish delusional piddle of a lemming.

Texas very well could figure this out without the court. The court does not see itself as being needed to solve all issues.

Shenanigan is not the term to use here.

Deliberation is the right word.

They show some humility by not jumping in the middle of this mess.

Go somewhere that loves a reactionary like yourself.

I hear Iran loves morons like you.

And when the republicans retake the Senate, they will simply pack the court again and use the lack of filibuster to run roughshod over the democrats. Nothing is accomplished in the long run except to worsen the already strong animosities between liberals and conservatives. The boat of our nation is sinking, it’s time to stop drilling new holes and start patching the existing ones. Do you want the US to end up like the Balkans with neighbor killing neighbor? That’s the ultimate end game if things keep going down the road of disconnect and discord.

Not going to happen. Seen the latest census numbers?

Millenials, and Gen Z, aren't interested in church lady politics, or rich white billionaires not paying higher taxes.

The Court has also handed the Dems a victory in 2022 and 2024

Dems will run on “Republicans are going to end Roe v Wade”
While they have always threatened it, now it is a reality.

Dems will get out the vote

Dems will run on "Republicans are going to end voting rights"

The list is starting to grow. Wonder which demographic they're going to marginalize next?

Most propose bills never come to the floor for a vote.
Right, and those bills are listed as not being considered. This from the federal government.

1630894615773.png

Garland did not receive consideration. He should have. If he gets voted down...so be it. But nominees should get considered by the standard rules of the Senate.

The court has always been staffed by the judgement of the president, as elected representative of the people, along with the advice and consent of the US senate. It's makeup reflected those judgments. This yielded a system that swayed back and forth, but which stayed mostly centered. With the justices showing surprising independence from the president who appointed them.

But all that changed.

It's decision now when applicable, are based on the government of the days persuasion. That is the only reason for it like to be stacked.

That’s a risk well worth taking

The alternative is to just LET YOU FUCKERS run roughshod over the nation

You were the ones who elected a dictator and supported the capitol riots yet you say the dems might ride roughshot???
Are you kidding? Have a look at yourselves.

Dems will run on "Republicans are going to end voting rights"

The list is starting to grow. Wonder which demographic they're going to marginalize next?
So far…2022 will be about

COVID response
Roe v Wade
Voting rights

Republicans keep giving Dems sticks to beat them with

Wow! MONTHS?!?!

What are you, 4 years old? That's not a very long time, son. And the vile stain on our country that is Trumpism will likely outlive the mentally ill orange slob.

Yeah that's right. I'm 4...What a joke you liberals are..."Trumpism"? So, if people don't think the same way about current events, and the direction of our country as you fascists, then insult, and speaking of a former President in terms that you and others do, are supposed to what? Sway us? You're a joke...

MONTHS?!?!?! WOW!

It's going to take YEARS to reverse the damage the orange slob and the GOPers conning him left behind. Maybe a generation.
And, what damage exactly was that? The economy was booming, unemployment was very low, and on the foreign policy stage no one wanted to mess with Trump because he meant what he said...Now, look at today, inflation is a real concern, Gas prices are up more than a dollar a gallon, putting pressure on the poorest. And on the foreign policy stage, not even our allies want to partner up with a buffoon like Biden because they can't trust him....

And you think that's better? Why? because your feelings aren't being hurt by a stupid tweet?

So far…2022 will be about

COVID response
Roe v Wade
Voting rights

Republicans keep giving Dems sticks to beat them with
More of this Democrat fascist bullshit from the left...Look, you're going to have to come to the realization that at least half the country doesn't hold the same vision forward as you destroyers do. And now Biden has managed to flip nearly all of the independants...And in only 7 months...That's gotta be a record...

More of this Democrat fascist bullshit from the left...Look, you're going to have to come to the realization that at least half the country doesn't hold the same vision forward as you destroyers do. And now Biden has managed to flip nearly all of the independants...And in only 7 months...That's gotta be a record...
Republicans keep handing Democrats sticks to beat them with

That’s a risk well worth taking

The alternative is to just LET YOU FUCKERS run roughshod over the nation

I tried to read the post you replied to but it's just too stupid. I couldn't get past the first sentence.

Having control of the senate isn't going to put more conservative judges on the Supreme Court.

The Senate doesn't appoint judges. The Senate confirms judges.

The president appoints or nominates judges.

So if the republicans take control of the Senate while Biden or any other democrat is president, the republicans in the senate can't pack the courts with far right judges.

They will have to wait until they get a republican president to nominate one then they can confirm them.

This is how down right stupid the far right is. They don't even know how judges are put on courts in our nation.

It's so sad.

Forum List

Back