Supreme Court rules in favor of prayer for condemned man.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
The Supreme Court rules 8-1 to allow open prayer for the condemned man and to allow his pastor to lay his hands on him while doing so. I fully support this ruling as there is no real reason to curtail his religious rights while carrying out his sentence. I've noted many times I do not support the death penalty but that aside it's the proper ruling.

I will note that Thomas (the one dissenting vote) seems to be getting quite bitter in his older age. You can read his argument but I would counter that with the argument that if the state hadn't attempted to put restraints on his religious rights, he would already have been executed.

Supreme Court rules in favor of Texas inmate in execution prayer case

The Supreme Court rules 8-1 to allow open prayer for the condemned man and to allow his pastor to lay his hands on him while doing so. I fully support this ruling as there is no real reason to curtail his religious rights while carrying out his sentence. I've noted many times I do not support the death penalty but that aside it's the proper ruling.

I will note that Thomas (the one dissenting vote) seems to be getting quite bitter in his older age. You can read his argument but I would counter that with the argument that if the state hadn't attempted to put restraints on his religious rights, he would already have been executed.

Thomas only argument...and he obviously knows more about the case then you or I, is that this was not a deeply held believe, and merely attempts to delay the execution...

With that said, he might be right, but and so be it, the guy can have a pastor touch him...

It shouldn't be cheap for the state to execute someone.

Thomas only argument...and he obviously knows more about the case then you or I, is that this was not a deeply held believe, and merely attempts to delay the execution...

With that said, he might be right, but and so be it, the guy can have a pastor touch him...

The state is who delayed the execution by not allowing the man to exercise his religious beliefs. Deeply held or not they are acknowledged, long held religious principles.

only one needed.

1648221468293.png

Cost about $40 for a box of 50.

I approve of it in the Operating Room as the organs are being extracted so many could live

The state is who delayed the execution by not allowing the man to exercise his religious beliefs. Deeply held or not they are acknowledged, long held religious principles.
I won't disagree that the state object to it...yes.

that's what Putin and Xi use
Because it's fast, cheap, and effective.

But I assume you are referring to them being mass murderers.

Sorry bud, there is no comfortable way to die.

Please show how Thomas is "Bitter."

Please show how Thomas is "Bitter."

That's my opinion. Ruling against a persons 1st Amendment rights because he didn't feel he was properly invested in them enough. The ruling was 8-1.

That's my opinion. Ruling against a persons 1st Amendment rights because he didn't feel he was properly invested in them enough. The ruling was 8-1.

No...ruling against an attempt to postpone justice in the guise of religion.......he can pray all he wants.....he is just looking to gum up the works for the consequences of his crime...

No...ruling against an attempt to postpone justice in the guise of religion.......he can pray all he wants.....he is just looking to gum up the works for the consequences of his crime...

The sentence would have already been carried out if the state hadn't decided to not allow him his first amendment rights.

Because it's fast, cheap, and effective.

But I assume you are referring to them being mass murderers.

Sorry bud, there is no comfortable way to die.
i am referring to the absents of due process

state execution is costly and should be, not due to the means of the killing but the due process that’s required

Forum List

Back