Supreme Court Rules 7-2 on Obamacare

Most people in America can't stand insurance companies controlling what health care they can have and denying to pay medical bills.

and you think Medicare is any different?...
And the irony of ACA is that it forces people to buy insurance. :wtf:

How? How can ACA force you?
Without a public option the only other choice is to go without insurance.

They left out the one and only way to properly bring some competition to the health care insurance industry.

I wish they had included a public option but the republicans said if that happened no one would buy private for profit insurance.

Which should tell everyone that Americans can't stand private for profit insurance companies.

If we had real choice like the republicans say they want us to have, there would have been a public option. Those who are sick and tired of the private for profit insurance companies can finally tell them to bite me. Those who want to stay with that system can.

That is real choice.
The Republicans did not have the votes to stop public option. Democrats stopped it. They had the 60 votes needed and they didn't pass it.

Obama caved right away took it off the table when the negotiations barely started.
Wasn't that because he knew early on that it had no chance of passing? I didn't know he conceded that early.
That might have been the single payer option. The House passed a public option but the Senate didn't
Ok, that sounds familiar, thanks

It was just announced that the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 on Obamacare saying the states don't have standing on this case.

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

That's truly a shame. The Court is a joke. I just hope Manchin keeps his finger in the dam. Otherwise, we're all fucked.
So much for those three trump Justices.....:heehee:
Yeah, not only did they not take down Obamacare but they also booted out Trump's election cases. Poor trumptards. They just can't win.

What makes employers subsidizing your healthcare some sacred right but taxpayers subsidizing healthcare is Communist?

If employers didn't have to burden the costs of covering healthcare for their employees -- they can use that money to buy back more stocks and artificially inflate their value so execs can have bigger bonuses...

Because it damn sure won't be used on wage increases
Employers subsidize healthcare as part of a contractual obligation with their employees. Both sides get a day in that negotiation.

The Founding documents of this nation do not specify any government involvement in any facet of health, wellness or insurance.

as a Union employee, trust me the Company knows the compensation equivalent for health care would be beyond their wildest nightmares.

Most people in America can't stand insurance companies controlling what health care they can have and denying to pay medical bills.

and you think Medicare is any different?...
And the irony of ACA is that it forces people to buy insurance. :wtf:

How? How can ACA force you?
Without a public option the only other choice is to go without insurance.

They left out the one and only way to properly bring some competition to the health care insurance industry.

I wish they had included a public option but the republicans said if that happened no one would buy private for profit insurance.

Which should tell everyone that Americans can't stand private for profit insurance companies.

If we had real choice like the republicans say they want us to have, there would have been a public option. Those who are sick and tired of the private for profit insurance companies can finally tell them to bite me. Those who want to stay with that system can.

That is real choice.
The Republicans did not have the votes to stop public option. Democrats stopped it. They had the 60 votes needed and they didn't pass it.

Obama caved right away took it off the table when the negotiations barely started.
Wasn't that because he knew early on that it had no chance of passing? I didn't know he conceded that early.
That might have been the single payer option. The House passed a public option but the Senate didn't
Ok, that sounds familiar, thanks
I may have confused them myself.

So, lets here from all of you fine folk who are so excited over this group of scumbags being poised to shred the 2nd next summer???? They ruled that the 18 states "lacked standing," a make believe legal argument that is in no shape or fashion enumerated in the constitution!

I understand the mindset that holds Americans back from demanding better. And yes, some of you still, after many years of torture, still think that for profit health care is going to come to the rescue
Do you undercut? I don’t think you do. I don’t think that you truly understand how many of us do not want anything from the Government; whether we’ve paid for it or not.

It’s not that we somehow believe the insure companies have our best interests at heart. We know they don’t. We’d just rather take the chance of getting care for our bodies there than doing harm to our Souls by dealing with the Government.
If you want nothing from the government then only drive on your roads, go to your schools, have your own military, have your own fire fighters, have your own police, if you cannot pay for health care, die.
You don't die if you have health care..

Who knew?

Last edited:

I think it's a very good thing that we still have Obamacare.

In fact, I think we should do away with insurance companies for health care.

We have some people who can have health care without being bankrupted or have insurance premiums that aren't astronomical. It's not fair that some people have proper insurance that is affordable and others don't here in the United States.

Our health care system is a total mess.
I've spent way too much time discussing the merits, or lack thereof, of ACA. It's corporatist shitshow throughout.

But, outside it's corruption and the blatant violation of Constitutional limits on government, the ACA does not have broad consensus. It was passed on strict partisan lines and will be a political football going forward, constantly torn and twisted as successive administrations get their hands on it.

You've managed to put politicians in charge of our health care. Congrats.
You will never convince a Statist that anything is wrong with a government program.
Black or white.....white or black.

Say, just where is libertarianism practiced on this planet?
Everywhere. Most of the time.

As one who has battled the Insurance Companies before. And will again. It is honestly not a concern of mine. Frankly the longer I spend trying to get the insurance companies to care for my wife as they are supposed to, the better Single Payer sounds.

As long as you don't mind every single election being a referendum on whether grandma lives or dies.

That referendum is being fought out monthly now. You mean I can make it a fight I have to deal with every couple years instead? My God. That sounds like paradise.

No, I'm talking about something radically different. I'm talking about majority rules decisions, where we take a vote and we're stuck with whatever the majority wants. That's not necessary.

We have some people who can have health care without being bankrupted or have insurance premiums that aren't astronomical. It's not fair that some people have proper insurance that is affordable and others don't here in the United States.

I've spent way too much time discussing the merits, or lack thereof, of ACA. It's corporatist shitshow throughout.

But, outside it's corruption and the blatant violation of Constitutional limits on government, the ACA does not have broad consensus. It was passed on strict partisan lines and will be a political football going forward, constantly torn and twisted as successive administrations get their hands on it.

You will never convince a Statist that anything is wrong with a government program.
What gets me is that they pass this shit, presumably, with the assumption that the "other side" will never, ever, be in power again. Do they really want miscreants like Trump (or worse) in charge of their health care???
Trump nor Biden is in charge of your health insurance.

To the extent that government regulations, distributes or controls health care - yes, they are.

Why do you think private healthcare execs are so trustworthy with being in charge of your insurance??

Not necessarily. But I can fire them if I don't like what they're selling. With government, I have no such option. The best I can do is wait for the next vote and *hope* that the majority is on my side. They usually aren't, so that's very little comfort.

I understand the mindset that holds Americans back from demanding better. And yes, some of you still, after many years of torture, still think that for profit health care is going to come to the rescue
Do you undercut? I don’t think you do. I don’t think that you truly understand how many of us do not want anything from the Government; whether we’ve paid for it or not.

It’s not that we somehow believe the insure companies have our best interests at heart. We know they don’t. We’d just rather take the chance of getting care for our bodies there than doing harm to our Souls by dealing with the Government.
If you want nothing from the government then only drive on your roads, go to your schools, have your own military, have your own fire fighters, have your own police, if you cannot pay for health care, die.
If you don't want free markets, then please refrain from using a computer, produced by greedy capitalists, to spout your nonsense.
Only the dumbest of the dumb would say "If you don't want free markets, then please refrain from using a computer, produced by greedy capitalists, to spout your nonsense.". A person who is so simple minded, if they have a mind at all would say this. They cannot comprehend a blended system, which all governments and all economies in the world are. There are no 100% free market economies nor is there any economy controlled by the government 100%. This idiot is too stupid to comprehend the real world.

Only the dumbest of the dumb would say ...
Well, there you go. You really know how to make a persuasive argument!

There are no 100% free market economies nor is there any economy controlled by the government 100%.
So what? The question is whether we want to pile on, with more and more government control over our lives. I don't. That's all.
This idiot is too stupid to comprehend the real world.
If you think that's idiotic, then I have a pretty clear picture of your politics. Thanks.

Who knew?
Well Bear, you do die with insurance and/or a lot of money, but most likely not as fast as if you were only given healthcare if you could pay for it or had insurance.
I know this is a very complex idea. Have your mother explain it to you.

Who knew?
Well Bear, you do die with insurance and/or a lot of money, but most likely not as fast as if you were only given healthcare if you could pay for it or had insurance.
Talk about drinking the Kool aid

Black or white.....white or black.

Say, just where is libertarianism practiced on this planet?
Everywhere. Most of the time.
I see libertarians of today like I used to see liberals in the 60's and 70's. Back then it was don't trust government and question everything. Not a bad idea.

Only the dumbest of the dumb would say "If you don't want free markets, then please refrain from using a computer, produced by greedy capitalists, to spout your nonsense."
Well, there you go. You really know how to make a persuasive argument!

There are no 100% free market economies nor is there any economy controlled by the government 100%.
So what? The question is whether we want to pile on, with more and more government control over our lives. I don't. That's all.
This idiot is too stupid to comprehend the real world.
If you think that's idiotic, then I have a pretty clear picture of your politics. Thanks.
You speak in absolutes, that is not the real world. You criticize all government involvement in our lives but take advantage of government provided benefits that you need. If you need them, they are OK.
Those who only understand their own needs and their own world are the dumbest among us. You are one of those.

Who knew?
Talk about drinking the Kool aid
That is not Kool Aid, that is the real world; no sugar added. How old are you. You sound like a person who has not experienced much in life or are very stupid or both.

It was just announced that the Supreme Court ruled 7-2 on Obamacare saying the states don't have standing on this case.

So Obamacare stays.

For now.

That's truly a shame. The Court is a joke. I just hope Manchin keeps his finger in the dam. Otherwise, we're all fucked.

It is the real cost that will turn Government healthcare into a trough of destruction. Progs will get it through and then leave for other agendas as they always do. the massive shit that comes from it will be blamed on someone. As we see the blame today.

You speak in absolutes, that is not the real world.

No, I don't. That's a strawman you cling to. I'm just saying we shouldn't make matters worse.

You criticize all government involvement in our lives but take advantage of government provided benefits that you need. If you need them, they are OK.
If I'm forced to pay for something, I'm definitely going to use/abuse it to the fullest of my ability. And I'll keep complaining about it.

How would you like it if corporate CEOs could force you to buy their products whether you wanted them or not? Hmmm... I guess that's pretty much what ACA does, so maybe you'd really dig it.
Those who only understand their own needs and their own world are the dumbest among us. You are one of those.
No I'm not. You just want to label me as such because it's easier than addressing my arguments. Ad hominem, I think it's called.

The only thing this case decided was since now there is no penalty for telling the Democrat assholes to shove it where the sun don't shine with Obamacare there was no standing to challenge it.

At least that is what the yahoos said.

Forum List

Back