Supreme Court hands Biden victory, allows end to 'Remain in Mexico' policy

:rolleyes-41:

If there wasn't any abuse with this rule, there wouldn't be an issue. But having millions cross the boarder seeking
asylum when less than let's say 10% is legit. I have a problem with that. Can't wait for the change of the presidential
regime. Biden and his band of thieves are fooling no one who doesn't want to be fooled. :smoke:

Abused or not that the is law of the country. If you dislike it, change it.

Eligibility for asylum has two simple requirements. First, asylum seekers must establish that they have a well-founded fear of persecution in their country of birth. Second, asylum applicants must prove that they would be persecuted in their home country on account of at least one of five protected grounds: religion, race, political opinion, nationality, or particular social group.
-----
now given we don't really spell out "WHERE" they can do this from, it seems this is up for debate. now, as usual when a process gets flogged to death, we need to look at potential abuse of it.

i think we have it.

when you see a caravan of thousands of people coming at you, hard to believe they are in fear of political persecution and death. ask them they say they want a better life.

we all do.

that's immigration. using a buzzword to get around the system i would call one of those "loopholes" the dems get upset about.

close it.

We do spell out where. They can do it from the United States even after arriving illegally.

I posted the link.

Yep, the Supreme Court just dissolved the United States of America for all intents and purposes.
You are now just another global peasant subject.

The world has an open invitation to live here, no exceptions, no requirements.

American citizenship has only one meaning....you are subject to the IRS. That's all.

Ha! They are economic refugees pure and simple. I don't suspect but maybe 1% are fleeing their CoO due to persecution, if that.

I don't take you as a rube so please have the good grace not to think that I am. 😐

You simply repeat the same thing over and over. It matters none if they are falsely applying. They get a hearing to determine that. I never argued they should stay if they are denied. I might on a case by case basis that it was ruled incorrectly but all the same, they then can be deported.

Can I Still Apply for Asylum Even if I Am in the United States Illegally?​

Yes. You may apply for asylum with USCIS regardless of your immigration status if:
  • You are not currently in removal proceedings
  • You file an asylum application within 1 year of arriving to the United States or demonstrate that you are within an exception to that rule.
I've done this likely 30 times.

Questions and Answers: Affirmative Asylum Eligibility and Applications
Yes, seeking asylum is legal—even during a pandemic. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to apply for, or request the opportunity to apply for, asylum. "There’s no way to ask for a visa or any type of authorization in advance for the purpose of seeking asylum,” says Byrne.
-----
so if thousands are coming over and you feel it's abuse, not justified, leave them at the port of entry.

i do agree this as setup leaves it open FOR thousands to cross over using a buzzword. but i believe it to be gaming the system as they're simply abusing it TO get what they want. very "progressive" of them. but honestly, i don't think they care they just want to come over.

we need to fix our immigration process and stop this abuse. but we're eons away from that happening.

but leave them at the border, setup several hundred judges to hear the case and if they can prove what they must prove, come on in. if not, get on that bus, it's headed back south shortly.

We do spell out where. They can do it from the United States even after arriving illegally.

I posted the link.
in the US or Port of entry.

the problem is we all know this is being abused. however, i also know you're very "as written, hush and do it".

great. so within what is written, leave them at the port of entry, deny all other access, and hire people to hear their case. allow in the 1% valid, deny the rest and move them further south out of the way.

now, i stayed in the confines of the law and worked to resolve the abuse.

They are. If you want to sneak in, you do so. If you wish to come legally you come to the border crossings. I should note, you can even sneak in and seek asylum.

Businesses won't be as willing to hire you though.

These are people trying to legally come here. Otherwise you sneak in.

What are they coming here for?

Freedom? Joke
American dream? joke
Safety? joke

America has noting to offer young people born here today legal or otherwise.
Well, there is an explosion of drug use and abuse so there's that.

OTOH.....
This might be exactly what so many large American corporations are looking for....
cheap labor. Maybe manufacturing will return to America with wages back down to peanuts per day for hard work in a sweat shop.
A true upgrade for millions of illegals? A windfall for corporate oligarchs?

Last edited:
Yes, seeking asylum is legal—even during a pandemic. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to apply for, or request the opportunity to apply for, asylum. "There’s no way to ask for a visa or any type of authorization in advance for the purpose of seeking asylum,” says Byrne.
-----
so if thousands are coming over and you feel it's abuse, not justified, leave them at the port of entry.

Feel has nothing to do with the rule of law. We can't throw a person in prison because we "feel" they are guilty.

Believe it not the Constitution also applies to those who are not citizens here.

i do agree this as setup leaves it open FOR thousands to cross over using a buzzword. but i believe it to be gaming the system as they're simply abusing it TO get what they want. very "progressive" of them. but honestly, i don't think they care they just want to come over.

we need to fix our immigration process and stop this abuse. but we're eons away from that happening.

but leave them at the border, setup several hundred judges to hear the case and if they can prove what they must prove, come on in. if not, get on that bus, it's headed back south shortly.

Pass an actual law. You would likely need a Constitutional Amendment as the process is laid out in the Constitution.

Can I Still Apply for Asylum Even if I Am in the United States Illegally?​

Yes. You may apply for asylum with USCIS regardless of your immigration status if:
  • You are not currently in removal proceedings
  • You file an asylum application within 1 year of arriving to the United States or demonstrate that you are within an exception to that rule.Refugees and Asylees in the United States
I've done this likely 30 times.

Questions and Answers: Affirmative Asylum Eligibility and Applications

In the first seven months of FY 2021, approximately 2,300 asylum-seeking refugees were resettled in the US.

Refugees and Asylees in the United States

The U.S. has added more than 2 million immigrants to its population since President Biden took office.

1.35 million new illegal immigrants settled in U.S. under Biden, study shows

Do you not see a fucking problem here or what?

I think seeing all of this abuse of the law and your ilk willingly
condones it, it can be changed after Brandon get thrown out on his ass.

My ilk........the one arguing the Constitution and law. That kinda makes it scary what you consider the other side.

I posted the link.
I'm just surprised how you have no issues knowing that there is human smuggling, drug smuggling,
and criminals crossing our boarder. It's like you don't even appreciate our country. weird

In the first seven months of FY 2021, approximately 2,300 asylum-seeking refugees were resettled in the US.

Refugees and Asylees in the United States

The U.S. has added more than 2 million immigrants to its population since President Biden took office.

1.35 million new illegal immigrants settled in U.S. under Biden, study shows

Do you not see a fucking problem here or what?

Argue for change and do it legally and Constitutionally. People see a problem with just anyone owning a gun also but that doesn't allow them to ignore the Constitution, does it?

I'm just surprised how you have no issues knowing that there is human smuggling, drug smuggling,
and criminals crossing our boarder. It's like you don't even appreciate our country. weird

You are just flailing now. Throwing your arms around trying to find something to latch onto. I'm simply stating our laws and the Constitution. Ive not once stated a position.

I posted the link.
yes. they can OR A PORT OF ENTRY.

i posted that too.

im saying stop them at the point of entry and hold court there.

Argue for change and do it legally and Constitutionally. People see a problem with just anyone owning a gun also but that doesn't allow them to ignore the Constitution, does it?

As with gun laws, the laws regarding immigration are already in the US constitution and the bylaws.

How about this administration enforcing those existing immigration laws?

Feel has nothing to do with the rule of law. We can't throw a person in prison because we "feel" they are guilty.

Believe it not the Constitution also applies to those who are not citizens here.

Pass an actual law. You would likely need a Constitutional Amendment as the process is laid out in the Constitution.
In the US *OR A PORT OF ENTRY*

please tell me where within all that you've posted that is says the US cannot setup a court at said port of entry and hear the asylum cases at said point.

you are so hellbent on what is written you fail to see im still complying with how it is written AND working to stop the abuse.

Forum List

Back