Support mounts among US bishops barring Pelosi from receiving Communion

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone led the charge on barring Pelosi from Communion earlier this month

30 May 2022 ~~ By Emma Colton

Support to bar House Speaker Nancy Pelosi from receiving Holy Communion is mounting among Roman Catholic U.S. bishops who are condemning her support of abortion as a moral evil.
"The church clearly teaches that abortion is a grave evil, and that public advocacy for — and support of — abortion is, objectively speaking, such a manifest grave sin," Portland Archbishop Alexander Sample said Friday on Facebook.
"What Archbishop Cordileone did was actually an act of pastoral love and care for Speaker Pelosi and for all those entrusted to his pastoral care, who might have been led astray by her public support of the evil of abortion," Sample said. "That’s why what Archbishop Cordileone did was the right thing."
~Snip~
He has since been joined by at least three other bishops announcing similar bans.
"I have not publicly announced that someone is not to receive Communion in my diocese, but I have privately shared that directive with individuals who have continuously scandalized the church by holding a personal Catholic identity while also publicly advocating for abortion or other inherent moral evils," Bishop Michael F. Burbidge, of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington in Virginia, said in a podcast on May 25.
In addition to Burbridge and Cordileone, Bishop Robert Vasa of the Diocese of Santa Rosa in California and Bishop Joseph Strickland of the Diocese of Tyler in Texas have also said Pelosi would be denied Communion if she were to present herself at churches within the dioceses.
~Snip~
Strickland said that his ban on Pelosi receiving Communion came about "to emphasize that what Archbishop Cordileone is doing is considered to be ‘medicinal’" for the House speaker.
He told Fox News Digital on Tuesday that the ban is "medicinal," because it "seeks to heal Mrs. Pelosi’s condition of being separated from Catholic teaching which puts her eternal salvation in jeopardy."
"I expressed my support for Archbishop Cordileone’s decision to ban Nancy Pelosi from receiving Holy Communion because I belief this is the loving act of a true shepherd. Mrs. Pelosi adamantly supports abortion and thus adamantly opposes the teaching of the Church," Strickland told Fox News Digital. "Of course her judgment is in the hands of the Lord but as shepherds we are charged with the responsibility to teach the flock and to correct them when they are in error. To advocate for a person’s right to take innocent life, thus to advocate murder, is clearly contrary to Catholic teaching."

Commentary:
I hope that the Bishops, do not forget those like Joe Biden and other prominent Catholic Democrats. Rules are rules and Canon Law is Canon Law. So unless and until the Canon Law is struck down, then it is time that Nancy and Joe accept their fates within the Church.
Maybe the dam is breaking. Archbishop Cordileone, the leaked Supreme Court draft, Biden’s horrible leadership, even Paul Pelosi’s recent problem, maybe a majority have had enough of the immorality, the incompetents and are going to start disciplining them at the ballot box, in the courts, and in the Church.
Yet for his outspokenness Archbishop Cordileone has been chastised by the Pope by refusing to elevate him to Cardinal.
What Pelosi has done is to place her politics before her faith. In doing so she has sold her soul to Progressives.
It is her public advocacy of abortion that is the problem here; she is leading others astray. The church is actually being lenient by classifying the sins into mortal sins and non-mortal sins.
Being banned from Communion is Not ex-communication. They are not condemning her, they are doing her a great service by offering her a way forward to save her soul. It's their job.

I don't agree with him, no one asks my name if I receive communion, they have pedophiles, serial killers and the like receiving communion.

They know who she is and she is RC, that is all.

Incoming San Francisco archbishop, Salvatore Cordileone, apologizes for drunken driving​

(RNS) Bishop Salvatore Cordileone of Oakland, Calif., a leading conservative in the hierarchy who is set to become the next archbishop of San Francisco, was arrested over the weekend for drunken driving and has apologized 'for the disgrace I have brought upon the Church and myself.'​

-------------------------------------------------
That is more of a crime. He could of had killed a lot of people.

Pelosi sold her soul to the devil a long time ago.
Democrats are on a slippery slope. First, they denied science in numerous ways during the pandemic, and now they seem to be ready to deny God and the sanctity of life. Pretty extreme. I'd bet Pelosi's real reasons for holding onto her seat with such a death grip are also against Catholic teaching.

San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone led the charge on barring Pelosi from Communion earlier this month

Support to bar House Speaker Nancy Pelosi from receiving Holy Communion is mounting among Roman Catholic U.S. bishops who are condemning her support of abortion as a moral evil.
"The church clearly teaches that abortion is a grave evil, and that public advocacy for — and support of — abortion is, objectively speaking, such a manifest grave sin," Portland Archbishop Alexander Sample said Friday on Facebook.
"What Archbishop Cordileone did was actually an act of pastoral love and care for Speaker Pelosi and for all those entrusted to his pastoral care, who might have been led astray by her public support of the evil of abortion," Sample said. "That’s why what Archbishop Cordileone did was the right thing."
~Snip~
He has since been joined by at least three other bishops announcing similar bans.
"I have not publicly announced that someone is not to receive Communion in my diocese, but I have privately shared that directive with individuals who have continuously scandalized the church by holding a personal Catholic identity while also publicly advocating for abortion or other inherent moral evils," Bishop Michael F. Burbidge, of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington in Virginia, said in a podcast on May 25.
In addition to Burbridge and Cordileone, Bishop Robert Vasa of the Diocese of Santa Rosa in California and Bishop Joseph Strickland of the Diocese of Tyler in Texas have also said Pelosi would be denied Communion if she were to present herself at churches within the dioceses.
~Snip~
Strickland said that his ban on Pelosi receiving Communion came about "to emphasize that what Archbishop Cordileone is doing is considered to be ‘medicinal’" for the House speaker.
He told Fox News Digital on Tuesday that the ban is "medicinal," because it "seeks to heal Mrs. Pelosi’s condition of being separated from Catholic teaching which puts her eternal salvation in jeopardy."
"I expressed my support for Archbishop Cordileone’s decision to ban Nancy Pelosi from receiving Holy Communion because I belief this is the loving act of a true shepherd. Mrs. Pelosi adamantly supports abortion and thus adamantly opposes the teaching of the Church," Strickland told Fox News Digital. "Of course her judgment is in the hands of the Lord but as shepherds we are charged with the responsibility to teach the flock and to correct them when they are in error. To advocate for a person’s right to take innocent life, thus to advocate murder, is clearly contrary to Catholic teaching."

Commentary:
I hope that the Bishops, do not forget those like Joe Biden and other prominent Catholic Democrats. Rules are rules and Canon Law is Canon Law. So unless and until the Canon Law is struck down, then it is time that Nancy and Joe accept their fates within the Church.
Maybe the dam is breaking. Archbishop Cordileone, the leaked Supreme Court draft, Biden’s horrible leadership, even Paul Pelosi’s recent problem, maybe a majority have had enough of the immorality, the incompetents and are going to start disciplining them at the ballot box, in the courts, and in the Church.
Yet for his outspokenness Archbishop Cordileone has been chastised by the Pope by refusing to elevate him to Cardinal.
What Pelosi has done is to place her politics before her faith. In doing so she has sold her soul to Progressives.
It is her public advocacy of abortion that is the problem here; she is leading others astray. The church is actually being lenient by classifying the sins into mortal sins and non-mortal sins.
Being banned from Communion is Not ex-communication. They are not condemning her, they are doing her a great service by offering her a way forward to save her soul. It's their job.
Doc, you probably had you wife or not receiving an abortion.

even the people on the SC of the US , it is legal to have an abortion, republicans maj.

all you non sayers should be ashamed of yourself.

Democrats are on a slippery slope. First, they denied science in numerous ways during the pandemic, and now they seem to be ready to deny God and the sanctity of life. Pretty extreme. I'd bet Pelosi's real reasons for holding onto her seat with such a death grip are also against Catholic teaching.
They don't deny science, birth and that's good enough for republican they don't give a rats about an infant or his/her mother. Next thing they will want rape and incest to be approved.

do you agree with drinking and driving.

Republicans also have an abortions, they just don't advertise it, its private.

They don't deny science, birth and that's good enough for republican they don't give a rats about an infant or his/her mother. Next thing they will want rape and incest to be approved.

do you agree with drinking and driving.

Republicans also have an abortions, they just don't advertise it, its private.
It's not a sin if the priest do it.

~Snip~
~Snip~

Commentary:

If only she were a kiddie fiddler, then they'd be right behind her......

~Snip~
~Snip~

Commentary:
Unless you can judge every single Catholic who receives Communion and supports a woman’s RIGHT TO CHOOSE

You are tilting at windmills

~Snip~
~Snip~

Commentary:
Buttigieg is the disgrace. As are Pelosi and Biden.

Buttigieg is the disgrace. As are Pelosi and Biden.
IF I picture Buttigieg dying and going to God, I think the main condemnation will be "if you really believe what you say why didn't you do the decent and indicated thing and leave the Church"

Pope Benedict XVI that a lack of sincerity in life is "the mark of the devil" as witnessed in the decision of Judas Iscariot to continue following Jesus Christ even after he had ceased to believe in him.

"The problem is that Judas did not go away, and his most serious fault was falsehood, which is the mark of the devil.
======
Elsewhere he pointed out that if Judas had left he would have had no question about betraying Jesus to His Death .

Can't argue with that. Hillary has rebuked Methodism (her church) on abortion and homosexuality. THis is the polar opposite of tolerance or being liberal. LEAVE THE METHODISTS :) It was the Hillarys that gave Methodist support for Slavery its huge boost.

Forum List

Back