supply chain problems. I will bet most people here can't find this or that product anymore

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022

I wouldn't buy Heinz stuff because of their association with John Kerry

But I 've noticed other things are no longer available and when I ask the companies or their reps about it, I get nowhere.

Why are some products not getting through but others, no problem?

I switched to Hunts years ago. Good stuff.

But I 've noticed other things are no longer available and when I ask the companies or their reps about it, I get nowhere.
Half the stuff advertised on TV now say they are going out of business due to rising costs and supply chain issues! Here's two I can think of!

Better order quick! Supplies limited!

Theresa Heinz is John Kerry's wife.

Theresa Heinz is John Kerry's wife.
No longer owns Heinz. Not since 2013. The new owners, Berkshire Hathaway may have discontinued some items.

There is PLENTY of EVERYTHING.............it's just that a lot of companies can't afford the shipping rates and fuel rates anymore............they outweigh the price of the product.
So, they are just sitting there in their warehouses.

What these companies NEED to do, is let people order directly from their warehouses, and just let the consumer pay the shipping price.

There is PLENTY of EVERYTHING.............it's just that a lot of companies can't afford the shipping rates and fuel rates anymore............they outweigh the price of the product.

What these companies NEED to do, is let people order directly from their warehouses, and just let the consumer pay the shipping price.
www.amazon.com

Sometimes they can't get the components.
Sometimes there are shortages of commodities.
And sometimes they discontinue products - particularly perishables - because they aren't selling well enough.

Wow, you have no idea how manufacturing or supply chain works.

Someone who has been in supply chain for 30 years, let me educate you. You never want ANYTHING to sit in a warehouse. That's money sitting on your shelf you can't do anything with. The IDEAL situation is a warehouse where product goes out nearly as quickly as it comes in.

Selling it to individual customers isn't cost effective... Because then you have to handle it multiple times. YOu want to ship in bulk. The more you can ship at a time, the better.

Yeah,, but the problem with Amazon is that they allow the sellers to price gouge as much as they want, and jack up the shipping rates as high as they can.

I don't shop Amazon or Hellmart, unless I just can't find what I need ANYWHERE else. And believe me, I will spend the time and the gas to go to all the stores I know of that might carry what I need, before I ever decide on buying from either of those places.

Sometimes they can't get the components.
Sometimes there are shortages of commodities.
And sometimes they discontinue products - particularly perishables - because they aren't selling well enough.

Wow, you have no idea how manufacturing or supply chain works.

Someone who has been in supply chain for 30 years, let me educate you. You never want ANYTHING to sit in a warehouse. That's money sitting on your shelf you can't do anything with. The IDEAL situation is a warehouse where product goes out nearly as quickly as it comes in.

Selling it to individual customers isn't cost effective... Because then you have to handle it multiple times. YOu want to ship in bulk. The more you can ship at a time, the better.
but if you can't ship then all the warehouses back up.

Forum List

Back