supply chain problems. I will bet most people here can't find this or that product anymore

Cool! I've heard it's good for plants! I take no drugs so I could keep the organic quality of my garden. The rabbits really are only useful as toys for my dog.

Just Google it. Lots of info like how to dilute it for your garden so it doesn't smell like a latrine. Some say male pee is the best.

piss will kill the hell out of a plant.

Oh, I know. I've read a lot about how to dilute it to make it safe to use, and I have a well-defined border around my garden, which is all raised beds.

I think the only place I'm likely to use it full strength would be the spots where the bunnies get in under the fence.

maybe I should clarify?
my typical week
Friday pickup in Virginia, then pick up in New Jersey.
Saturday morning, delivery of the multiple warehouse pickups in Delaware. load is redistributed to to 50 or so trucks contracted and I'm reloaded with a multi stop load. I have my first of about 15 stops in Lincoln Nebraska on Monday. after multiple stops I finally reach Denver on Wednesday. I finish my offload and rest. if at any point the warehouse can't take the freight then a backup begins. sometimes the warehouse is literally waiting on you to get there so they can load their company trucks and have the product on the shelf that day.

That actually sounds like a staffing problem, not a supply chain problem. And yes, that's a problem in that warehouses increasingly are having a hard time finding workers because who aspires to work in a warehouse. (I actually did have to work in a warehouse in the 1990's because despite being a veteran with a college degree, Bush-41 jug-fucked the economy so bad that I was lucky to get that.)

Depends what you are looking for.

Many retailers are stuffed with inventory that they over-ordered.

How do you know they over ordered exactly? I'd like a link to a credible source that shows stores saying this that applies to at least 40% of the country and not just a single chain or a few locations. Target examples won't work.

The op at least provided a link directly quoting the CEO of a major product producer to back up his statement.

I switched to Hunts years ago. Good stuff.

Half the stuff advertised on TV now say they are going out of business due to rising costs and supply chain issues! Here's two I can think of!

Better order quick! Supplies limited!
I think the fakepandemic ruined a lot of small businesses.. far more than u hear about in the news. No, wait, not the "pandemic" -- just the stupid way some "leaders" dealt w/ it

sickening what those *&^% demonraps do

The times of plenty and abundance are over.... its what was promised by democrats so don't be shocked....
yeh, it's good for us, dontcha know?

it is leading to communism, that "great system" that only murdered 100 million people since it began. No need to worry, the abort-them-all Ds won't ever want to kill everyone

will they?

:oops:

I mean, you know, they just hate babies, right

and conservatives

Christians

Most people should be safe

yeh, it's good for us, dontcha know?

it is leading to communism, that "great system" that only murdered 100 million people since it began. No need to worry, the abort-them-all Ds won't ever want to kill everyone

will they?

:oops:

I mean, you know, they just hate babies, right

and conservatives

Christians

Most people should be safe
They have already imprisoned some of their political enemies.... Look at all the democrats marveling over how the CCP cracks down on their citizens... never give up your guns... the Chinese people are fighting with sticks and rocks because they can't own guns....

They have already imprisoned some of their political enemies.... Look at all the democrats marveling over how the CCP cracks down on their citizens... never give up your guns... the Chinese people are fighting with sticks and rocks because they can't own guns....
don't underestimate pissed off Asians.

For the first time in company history UPS is not hiring before Christmas and Fed Ex is firing hundreds...
This is a recession and don't let the communist US media make you think its not...

right. I doubt it. I ask why the stores don't carry (whatever) and I get "Oh, we weren't selling enough of that"

I'm not buying it.

There's something fishy going on
A few months ago my local store couldnt get gallon spring water for awhile, only distilled water. The manager said ".some problem at the plant"! I Googled "bottled water shortage" and in fact a lot of things nyo popped up stating that there was a shortage of plastic for bottling, not water! So why weren't other plastic bottles beverages affected, nor the distilled water??

Yep, something is fishy. But I have to admit the price did NOT increase after the spring water returned to the shelves. It just seems that a likely motive would be to yank a product from the market just long enough to spur demand, and therefore increase the price accordingly. Thats happened with many other products during and after the pandemic, but just not that. Maybe it was an abandoned attempt.

Personally I think many of these price hikes are bullshit. Just made up, laundered reasons which are hard to trace....

A few months ago my local store couldnt get gallon spring water for awhile, only distilled water. The manager said ".some problem at the plant"! I Googled "bottled water shortage" and in fact a lot of things nyo popped up stating that there was a shortage of plastic for bottling, not water! So why weren't other plastic bottles beverages affected, nor the distilled water??

Yep, something is fishy. But I have to admit the price did NOT increase after the spring water returned to the shelves. It just seems that a likely motive would be to yank a product from the market just long enough to spur demand, and therefore increase the price accordingly. Thats happened with many other products during and after the pandemic, but just not that. Maybe it was an abandoned attempt.

Personally I think many of these price hikes are bullshit. Just made up, laundered reasons which are hard to trace....

Again, sounds like you have no idea how supply chain and production work.

Most of the price hikes are for two reasons. 1) Increased cost of labor and 2) increase cost of commodities.

Here's a dirty little secret about "Spring water". Most of them are used using local water supplies. You are not getting water from some spring and it's really just the same water that comes out of your tap. So if there is a shortage, it's probably in the plastic bottles. Or that the production miscalculated and put the production focus on smaller sizes rather than gallon sizes, and they had to build inventory back up.

Forum List

Back