Zone1 Sunny Hostin Believes That Jesus Christ Would Lead A Pride Parade

How could a person “repent” of an alleged “sin” of being born gay?

Until someone can demonstrate that a person is gay by “choice,” the whole discussion strikes me as just plain useless.
Were you or anyone else born a mass murderer? Or how about a thief? A smoker, junkie, or drunk? Sin is sin regardless. And homosexuality is just as grievous a sin to God as any other.

Were you or anyone else born a mass murderer? Or how about a thief? A smoker, junkie, or drunk? Sin is sin regardless. And homosexuality is just as grievous a sin to God as any other.

Now see here's my new problem. I'm starting to believe that being born gay could be possible since the fall of man when Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden. I just didn't think of that before. That's the only possibility though.

Now see here's my new problem. I'm starting to believe that being born gay could be possible since the fall of man when Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden. I just didn't think of that before. That's the only possibility though.
Then you make God out to be a liar. His Word declares that anyone in Christ is a NEW CREATION. This means an entirely new heart born of the Spirit. All sin comes naturally. It is the regenerate heart that lives contrary to nature.

Then you make God out to be a liar. His Word declares that anyone in Christ is a NEW CREATION. This means an entirely new heart born of the Spirit. All sin comes naturally. It is the regenerate heart that lives contrary to nature.

Point taken you're right actually and God isn't a liar by any means.

No. But all those are choices. Human sexuality isn’t. I mean, I don’t grasp how any man would ever choose to be gay.

And if we don’t choose, then our sexuality is simply part of being born. Blame God if you want.

No. But all those are choices. Human sexuality isn’t. I mean, I don’t grasp how any man would ever choose to be gay.

And if we don’t choose, then our sexuality is simply part of being born. Blame God if you want.
So perhaps we should allow Paedophiles to "express" themselves sexually. After all they're" born this way". It's the same empty argument to justify sinful behavior.

Wrong. Behavior is different. Leave the kids alone. But two adults? I don’t see why any of us should give a shit.
G-d certainly does. His Word, being infallible and absolute, declares homosexuality an abomination in the OT, and Paul writes that homosexuals, among others, will NOT inherit the Kingdom of G-d. Now, that being said, sin entered into the world through Adam and Eve's willful disobedience against G-d Himself. This is why we are born with a sin nature. Our natural tendency is to do wrong, but only through Christ will we find true hope of redemption. This is why Christians must not only live out the Gospel, but preach it from the highest mountaintops and town Squares. And the Gospel is this: Mankind is sinful, wicked, and degenerate. G-d, being Holy and pure, will not allow sin into His presence, and sin has been judged, as will all mankind who does not repent. Jesus, being fully G-d and fully man, without sin, became the sacrifice for us. And when we repent, and accept Christ as Lord, Master, and Savior; at that point we become born again, and new creations in Christ. This is why I don't buy into the "born this way" garbage.

It is exactly what I said.

As for repenting, I don’t agree. One can repent of sins. But a sin implies choice. Since I don’t believe gay people choose to be gay, it follows that it isn’t a sin. No repentance required.

And I don’t speak as a particularly religious person — since I’m not. I believe in God. But I don’t believe that God believes in religion. And I don’t believe He would condemn anyone to Hell for being gay when it was never a choice. (Actually, I don’t believe in Hell, either.)
No one would be condemned for being gay. They would for engaging in homosexual acts.

Being a pedophile isn't a choice. They are born with that compulsion. Being a serial killer isn't a choice. It's a compulsion starting in early
childhood. Many start with pulling the legs off insects, graduate to killing dogs and cats. Then people. Jeffrey Dahmer was compelled to eat his victims. That's the way God made him. There are people driven to all kinds of harmful acts. The guy that beats his wife says God made him with a hair trigger temper. She has to understand. It's not his fault. This is the way GOD made him and God doesn't make mistakes.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
G-d certainly does. His Word, being infallible and absolute, declares homosexuality an abomination in the OT, and Paul writes that homosexuals, among others, will NOT inherit the Kingdom of G-d. Now, that being said, sin entered into the world through Adam and Eve's willful disobedience against G-d Himself. This is why we are born with a sin nature. Our natural tendency is to do wrong, but only through Christ will we find true hope of redemption. This is why Christians must not only live out the Gospel, but preach it from the highest mountaintops and town Squares. And the Gospel is this: Mankind is sinful, wicked, and degenerate. G-d, being Holy and pure, will not allow sin into His presence, and sin has been judged, as will all mankind who does not repent. Jesus, being fully G-d and fully man, without sin, became the sacrifice for us. And when we repent, and accept Christ as Lord, Master, and Savior; at that point we become born again, and new creations in Christ. This is why I don't buy into the "born this way" garbage.
You are entitled to your beliefs.

No one would be condemned for being gay. They would for engaging in homosexual acts.

Being a pedophile isn't a choice. They are born with that compulsion. Being a serial killer isn't a choice. It's a compulsion starting in early
childhood. Many start with pulling the legs off insects, graduate to killing dogs and cats. Then people. Jeffrey Dahmer was compelled to eat his victims. That's the way God made him. There are people driven to all kinds of harmful acts. The guy that beats his wife says God made him with a hair trigger temper. She has to understand. It's not his fault. This is the way GOD made him and God doesn't make mistakes.
That’s silly. If God made a person gay, and gave people a sexual desire, it would be insane to them punish them for having sex in that way.

Forum List

Back