Sunday School is indoctrination

I went to Sunday school as a kid, as well as a catholic school. Nowadays, I consider myself an Atheist, but I don't agree with the idea that Sunday school is indoctrination. All I remember from sunday school is learning about stories from the bible and how to be a better person to those around me, how is that bad? You are right that crime has been up and down, but i'd wager most people agree that religion can be a positive force in reducing crime. This is one example and may not be true in all cases, but one of my cousins, who is only 20 years old, got involved with really hard drugs and the wrong crowd several years ago. He almost died and went to rehab, claiming that he's turned to god as a positive force in life. None of us believed him, and now he's clean 4 years later speaking to youth about his experience and is a completely different person. Most Christians have a very strong Moral compass, despite what r/atheism likes to claim. Spousal abuse and child molestation are both problems but what faith doesn't have similar issues? It's dishonest to link both of those to Sunday school anyways, like, where does that connection come from?
If you wish to see just what kind of Impact God has on a culture, just look at those cultures who deny God. I mean, could anyone here honestly say they would rather live in China or N. Korea?

#81 is information compromised. In Kistemaker's The Chinese Sky During the Han, the B.C. star-charts at the back of the book depict in the constellation Lupus, the asterism Jizu (Chinese che___ qi___) 'a group of soldiers.' Jizu came before the avatar from Nazareth, and communication along the east-west axis of the Silk Road dates from 3,000 B.C., as do the Mul Apin clay tablets and the Huliguchen fire calendar of the farmer-nomads. A world globe in every sunday school room is just this religious bulemia of the devouring drive.

Forum List

Back