Suddenly Christianity Is In

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
A while back, when I first saw pictures of Duck Dynasty’s Robertson family on the Internet, I thought they were a motorcycle gang with a hit show on a little-watched Cable network:

gift%20duck%20dynasty%20christmas%20album.jpg

Later on I came to understand that they are TV preachers. That’s their gig. So I did not plan on commenting about the firing flap. Stories about TV Bible-thumpers interest me less than stories about kitchenware commercials.

A&E celebrates Christmas with ‘Duck Dynasty’ super marathon
By Leora Arnowitz
Published December 24, 2013
FoxNews.com

A&E celebrates Christmas with ?Duck Dynasty? super marathon | Fox News

It was only after I realized what the media is pulling with wall-to-wall coverage that I decided to offer my take on the noise. Interestingly, the din began with Pope Francis and grew louder with Duck Dynasty.

The con

Throughout my adult life Liberaldom portrayed practicing Christians in a negative light. They had a grand old time with pedophile priests, and Barack Taqiyya’s God & Guns comment was not exactly a ringing endorsement for Christianity. In order to counter negative portrayals of Christianity media libs often said good things about church leaders like Billy Graham, the pope, and so on. No surprise there. Totalitarians love the head of anything.

The media is now setting up an “either-or” situation. That is choose religion or choose big government. It is a false choice. To be more precise the media is saying there is no third choice.

For the umpteenth time:

Totalitarian government is one extreme. Anarchy is the other extreme. Limited government is the permanent center; it never moves.

Media coverage of Pope Francis, and the Robertsons, avoids addressing one immutable fact: Government and organized religion are totalitarian. They will always plague mankind. The trick is to limit the government and keep organized religion voluntary. Give either one too much power and freedom dies.

The media now telling Americans it’s either religion or big government spreads the plague without admitting a cure was discovered more than two centuries ago.

Media coverage promoting religion, and big government, should tell limited-government Americans not to expect help fighting a new strain of the ancient plague.

Finally, in April of 1966 liberals asked:

images

Debating the question was the Left’s way of saying “God is dead.” At no time did liberals ask “Is religion dead?”

In 2009 Newsweek’s cover proclaimed:

images

Note that Newsweek did not say religion is dead:

Meacham: The End of Christian America
By Jon Meacham / April 03 2009 8:00 PM

Coverage of Pope Francis and the Robertsons show that the media supports a marriage between religion and big government. As an added bonus the media is attempting to kill God in believers who refuse to subscribe to a religion.

p.s. Newsweek is dead, and Time Magazine has one foot in the grave.

Christianity as a brand is, and has been "in" or popular now for many decades. With the rise and popularity of religious hucksters like Jimmy Swaggert and the Bakers fame. But that doesn't make them Christians.

This is why Scripture states "Not everyone that cries Lord, Lord!"

See Matthew 7:21-23

That tells us that we live in a world where MANY will CLAIM to be, but that MOST won't actually be.

Keep your eyes on those self-proclaimers.

Last edited:
A while back, when I first saw pictures of Duck Dynasty’s Robertson family on the Internet, I thought they were a motorcycle gang with a hit show on a little-watched Cable network:

gift%20duck%20dynasty%20christmas%20album.jpg

Later on I came to understand that they are TV preachers. That’s their gig. So I did not plan on commenting about the firing flap. Stories about TV Bible-thumpers interest me less than stories about kitchenware commercials.

A&E celebrates Christmas with ‘Duck Dynasty’ super marathon
By Leora Arnowitz
Published December 24, 2013
FoxNews.com

A&E celebrates Christmas with ?Duck Dynasty? super marathon | Fox News

It was only after I realized what the media is pulling with wall-to-wall coverage that I decided to offer my take on the noise. Interestingly, the din began with Pope Francis and grew louder with Duck Dynasty.

The con

Throughout my adult life Liberaldom portrayed practicing Christians in a negative light. They had a grand old time with pedophile priests, and Barack Taqiyya’s God & Guns comment was not exactly a ringing endorsement for Christianity. In order to counter negative portrayals of Christianity media libs often said good things about church leaders like Billy Graham, the pope, and so on. No surprise there. Totalitarians love the head of anything.

The media is now setting up an “either-or” situation. That is choose religion or choose big government. It is a false choice. To be more precise the media is saying there is no third choice.

For the umpteenth time:

Totalitarian government is one extreme. Anarchy is the other extreme. Limited government is the permanent center; it never moves.

Media coverage of Pope Francis, and the Robertsons, avoids addressing one immutable fact: Government and organized religion are totalitarian. They will always plague mankind. The trick is to limit the government and keep organized religion voluntary. Give either one too much power and freedom dies.

The media now telling Americans it’s either religion or big government spreads the plague without admitting a cure was discovered more than two centuries ago.

Media coverage promoting religion, and big government, should tell limited-government Americans not to expect help fighting a new strain of the ancient plague.

Finally, in April of 1966 liberals asked:

images

Debating the question was the Left’s way of saying “God is dead.” At no time did liberals ask “Is religion dead?”

In 2009 Newsweek’s cover proclaimed:

images

Note that Newsweek did not say religion is dead:

By Jon Meacham / April 03 2009 8:00 PM

Coverage of Pope Francis and the Robertsons show that the media supports a marriage between religion and big government. As an added bonus the media is attempting to kill God in believers who refuse to subscribe to a religion.

p.s. Newsweek is dead, and Time Magazine has one foot in the grave.

Christianity has always been a show by antichrists and false prophets who have no idea who our Creator is.

To MarcATL: I am more interested in keeping an eye on the folks in government and religion. Thank God they have atheists in their sights —— not the folks who believe in God.

Notice that Pope Francis calls upon “. . . believers of all religions . . .” not believers in God.

VATICAN CITY — Pope Francis, celebrating his first Christmas as Roman Catholic leader, on Wednesday called on atheists to unite with believers of all religions and work for "a homemade peace" that can spread across the world.

Atheists, Work With Us for Peace, Pope Says on Christmas
By REUTERS
Published: December 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM ET

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2013/12/25/world/europe/25reuters-pope-christmas.html?_r=0

Let’s face it, priests and politicians had thousands of years to get it right —— now they want everybody to believe they finally learned how to fix everything. I wish them luck in turning to atheists for help.

I know that not many agree with my analyses, but they have to admit that a few of us are smart enough to know there is not a chance all of the pontificating priests and politicians in the world will change human nature. Only God can do that.

Finally, I can’t shake the feeling that Pope Francis and Barack Taqiyya are trying to turn global government into God’s instrument.

Christianity has always been a show by antichrists and false prophets who have no idea who our Creator is.

To theword: The term anti-Christ makes me nervous. I’ll be a lot happier when I hear anti-Buddha, anti-Mohammad, and so on. To me, they are all the same in the context of organized religions.

Last edited:

To MarcATL: I am more interested in keeping an eye on the folks in government and religion. Thank God they have atheists in their sights —— not the folks who believe in God.

Notice that Pope Francis calls upon “. . . believers of all religions . . .” not believers in God.

VATICAN CITY — Pope Francis, celebrating his first Christmas as Roman Catholic leader, on Wednesday called on atheists to unite with believers of all religions and work for "a homemade peace" that can spread across the world.

Atheists, Work With Us for Peace, Pope Says on Christmas
By REUTERS
Published: December 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM ET

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2013/12/25/world/europe/25reuters-pope-christmas.html?_r=0

Let’s face it, priests and politicians had thousands of years to get it right —— now they want everybody to believe they finally learned how to fix everything. I wish them luck in turning to atheists for help.

I know that not many agree with my analyses, but they have to admit that a few of us are smart enough to know there is not a chance all of the pontificating priests and politicians in the world will change human nature. Only God can do that.

Finally, I can’t shake the feeling that Pope Francis and Barack Taqiyya are trying to turn global government into God’s instrument.

To theword: The term anti-Christ makes me nervous. I’ll be a lot happier when I hear anti-Buddha, anti-Mohammad, and so on. To me, they are all the same in the context of organized religions.

Don't worry, religious people have NO power to control anything. Our Creator makes them believe they do through His plan called the beast and Lucifer, which He planned on destroying soon.

Forum List

Back