Suddenlly my font size has gone real small on here

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
I went to settings and selected the large size font.....the font on this board still remains small? anyone know how to fix that?

I went to settings and selected the large size font.....the font on this board still remains small? anyone know how to fix that?
Mac, I'm using Google Chrome as my browser. If that's what you use, I can show you.

Mac, it's not the site, it's likely your computer desk isn't level and you've simply rolled away from the computer! :rolleyes:

Seriously, It's a bit irritating that the new softkeys in the menu bar like the BOLD and the FONT SIZE give no indication of their state. You likely have hidden characters that you're not seeing that is keeping the font set to that size. Delete all the empty space ahead of where you're typing, go back to where you left off and highlight a couple of letters and then change THEIR size. Your font should change. You can then backspace over those characters and type whatever you want in the new size then go back and replace the few missing characters from the old text.

Does that make sense?

2nd option: Delete everything you wrote or the whole post and start over.

Mac, it's not the site, it's likely your computer desk isn't level and you've simply rolled away from the computer! :rolleyes:

Seriously, It's a bit irritating that the new softkeys in the menu bar like the BOLD and the FONT SIZE give no indication of their state. You likely have hidden characters that you're not seeing that is keeping the font set to that size. Delete all the empty space ahead of where you're typing, go back to where you left off and highlight a couple of letters and then change THEIR size. Your font should change. You can then backspace over those characters and type whatever you want in the new size then go back and replace the few missing characters from the old text.

Does that make sense?

I think he wants to enlarge font size everywhere, not just in a particular post. Ease of reading, yannow?

Does that make sense?

I think he wants to enlarge font size everywhere, not just in a particular post. Ease of reading, yannow?
That's purely a function of the browser and OS, then. On a Mac, it is a simple matter to zoom the entire desktop (CNTR + Mouse Scroll) or zoom the open text window (COMMAND + mouse scroll), but I won't even guess what stupid way Bill Gates has his Windows platform rigged these days.

Does that make sense?

Yep....I think I will change my browser to see if that helps.

Well...i dediced to just reinstall my browser instead and the font is now good...but I see the history and favorities buttons have disappeared.

Well....it worked good just for a lil while now its reverted back to small print.

Definitely getting rid of this browsere (opera) now.

Well....it worked good just for a lil while now its reverted back to small print.

Definitely getting rid of this browsere (opera) now.
Mac, I don't know what you use for a browser, but did you know you can google (well search, I guess) asking "How Do I make my computer font size larger?" It will tell you how, different computers and such.

Hold down on Control and Shift buttons. Click on the + (capital where the + and = signs key are) It grows a size every time you keep holding control and shift and hit + key. If the letters get too large, hold down the shift and control and hit the minus key or which looks like this -.

It's magic!

Hold down on Control and Shift buttons. Click on the + (capital where the + and = signs key are) It grows a size every time you keep holding control and shift and hit + key. If the letters get too large, hold down the shift and control and hit the minus key or which looks like this -.

It's magic!

Thanx...wish i had this earlier...it does work

I have downloaded slim browser....trying to get this one up to speed....might take awhile

I prefer a light-weight browser

Last edited:
It's probably temperature related. My own font shrinks when really cold but becomes full and majestic as the temperature rises.

Forum List

Back