Successful launch SpaceX/Nasa capsule in space!!!

This is so awesome, America needed this!
:yes_text12:

Yep. Just watched it. I had to laugh, the only two times they had LOS (loss of signal) was when the 1st stage came back down and landed on the drone ship, and when the Dragon nosecone separated. The obvious TWO times they probably didn't want to give anything away to Russia and other parties watching any technological secrets. Damn. I was really looking forward to seeing the 1st stage actually land back on Earth. A technological tour de force.

A magnitude leap in cockpit instrumentation compared to the Space Shuttle, and at least a three magnitude improvement and simplification in the launch platform and vehicle technology!

The icing: the NASA director afterwards waxing on about how Trump and Pence were there watching the launch 1st hand with the senior staff and how supportive they've been of the whole program from the start.

I thought for sure it was going to be delayed again until tomorrow.

This is why I admire Elon for dreaming big and never quitting. Of course, he's been well rewarded for his effort and dreams, but he put in very long hours. So much more for him to do in order to charge the wealthy for trips into space.

What I am reminded of is how much more impressive it was that more than 50 years ago we landed humans on the moon with computers less powerful than the average laptop. It's amazing what can be accomplished when humans put their minds to it.

iu

This is why I admire Elon for dreaming big and never quitting. Of course, he's been well rewarded for his effort and dreams, but he put in very long hours. So much more for him to do in order to charge the wealthy for trips into space.

What I am reminded of is how much more impressive it was that more than 50 years ago we landed humans on the moon with computers less powerful than the average laptop. It's amazing what can be accomplished when humans put their minds to it.
Agreed, 50 years ago we had no business whatsoever trying to get to the moon. But technical genius, sheer determination and American spirit got us there. Maybe we can recapture some of that.

Indeed!

Yep. Just watched it. I had to laugh, the only two times they had LOS (loss of signal) was when the 1st stage came back down and landed on the drone ship, and when the Dragon nosecone separated. The obvious TWO times they probably didn't want to give anything away to Russia and other parties watching any technological secrets. Damn. I was really looking forward to seeing the 1st stage actually land back on Earth. A technological tour de force.

A magnitude leap in cockpit instrumentation compared to the Space Shuttle, and at least a three magnitude improvement and simplification in the launch platform and vehicle technology!

The icing: the NASA director afterwards waxing on about how Trump and Pence were there watching the launch 1st hand with the senior staff and how supportive they've been of the whole program from the start.
I saw one of the previous launches where the first stage landed and they showed it all.

Agreed, 50 years ago we had no business whatsoever trying to get to the moon. But technical genius, sheer determination and American spirit got us there. Maybe we can recapture some of that.
And lots of math.

Indeed!

Not only that, laptops can crack the enigma code in minutes. How many lives would have been saved if this were available in the 1940s?

The only way we stop REAL progress (not fake social constructions) is if we ourselves destroy ourselves. I wish I could live to be 200 years old, I'd really like to see what we design, we just need to make sure those who want to control and stifle human ambitions for their own greed, don't get their way.

Feels like America is back from the lost Obama decade
LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT, THE INTIRE NATION IS ON EDGE AND THIS WHITE BRAIN DEAD BITCH IN DC WANTS US TO CELEBRATE THIS BULLSHIT? BOOK A FUCKIN SEAT, TRUMP AND WATCH THE CELEBRATION FROM A FUCKIN WINDOW DOWN HERE ON EARTH, OTHERWISE TAKE THAT CAPSULE AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR WHITE ASS.

Feels like America is back from the lost Obama decade
LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT, THE INTIRE NATION IS ON EDGE AND THIS WHITE BRAIN DEAD BITCH IN DC WANTS US TO CELEBRATE THIS BULLSHIT? BOOK A FUCKIN SEAT, TRUMP AND WATCH THE CELEBRATION FROM A FUCKIN WINDOW DOWN HERE ON EARTH, OTHERWISE TAKE THAT CAPSULE AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR WHITE ASS.
Are you done looting for today yet? Get you some Loot Boots and flat screen?

Forum List

Back