Students Will Stay After School 20 Minutes Each Day to Make Up For Teacher Sick-Outs

What teachers get paid vacations? None I know. What teachers get a fully paid summer off? None I know.

Every one of them do.

Wrong again.

They get 2 options. Spread out their salary for 12 months or just for when they are in school. They do not get paid extra in the summer. They get paid nothing because they aren't working.

You lose but thanks for playing the "Do you have a brain game!"

You are a lazy piece of shit that opted not to read the thread.
I never said they get paid for being off.

They get paid an annual salary...and within that they are aware that they are required to work 180 days a year.

Thanks for showing us you are a lazy loser who does not understand the concept of a base salary.

You ALSO must be an hourly employee.

Teachers are not paid an hour salary...they are deemed as exempt...they are paid annual salaries.

SO I do not know where you get that whole 10 months a year/12 months a year thing.

They are paid an annual salary.....so it is irrelevant.

No, it isn't irrelevant. They get the same salary whether it is spread out over 10 or 12 months. If 12 months, they get less per month. If 10 months, they get more for 10 months and nothing for two. They still get paid shit.

Are you serious?
You really see it as a difference?

Please tell me that you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.....

72,000 a year over ten months is 7200 a month...over 12 months is 6K a month...and low and behold...after a year, you still have 72000 salary...same taxes, same spedning power...
The only difference.....you need to be a little disciplined if you get it over 10 months.

Are you saying that may be a tough thing for a teacher? To know how much to save for the 2 dry months?

They still get paid crap whether paid as a 10 or 12 month employee.

No, it isn't irrelevant. They get the same salary whether it is spread out over 10 or 12 months. If 12 months, they get less per month. If 10 months, they get more for 10 months and nothing for two. They still get paid shit.

Are you serious?

72,000 a year over ten months is 7200 a month...over 12 months is 6K a month...and low and behold...after a year, you still have 72000 salary...same taxes, same spedning power...
The only difference.....you need to be a little disciplined if you get it over 10 months.

Are you saying that may be a tough thing for a teacher? To know how much to save for the 2 dry months?

Then why did they take the job?

I fear you are making this a cart befoire the horse thing.

No one was villifying them.

To the contrary, they were not even a subject of conversation other than the whole "tenure" issue...

However, when a few governors said "teachers need to be like everyone else and not continually get raises in recessions and all benefits and pensions paid for becuase we cant afford to do it anymore"....people on the left started to put them on a pedestal...saying that teachers are our future....and teachers make great sacrifices...and teachers work harder than anyone...and so on and so on...

So we just simply said...teachers are important and so are so many other trades in our republic....stop making them out to be the end all.

But no one is villifying them.

LOL...no, it seems "some" governors are saying that the teachers are not worth as much as big business so we must cut the taxes to businesses (which we know they pay little of anyway) and make the public employees pay more. They are making the working class pay for the maleficence of greedy corporations and banks...that's what "some" really Koch sucking governors are doing.

Ahhh...now I see your angle.

You are another one who is cluelsss about tax credits for corporations and why they exist...and tax dedcuctions for corporations and why they exist...and operating costs and how taxes are part of them....and how headcount is based on operating costs...

In other words...you only know what those left wing talking heads want you to know.

Ah, I see that you are an arrogant asshole that thinks the unions are to blame for all the state's woes. Of course, that is what Fox tells you to believe.

Are you serious?

Do you REALLY think people take a job as teacher for the pay and benefits?

roflmao_522.jpg

Teachers are not paid an hour salary...they are deemed as exempt...they are paid annual salaries.

SO I do not know where you get that whole 10 months a year/12 months a year thing.

Are you serious?

Pardon me. What makes you think it is the teacher who chooses to get paid on a 12 month basis and not the financial dept of their school districts. I know my brother's district doesn't give a choice. It's a 12 month payment plan....period.

LOL...no, it seems "some" governors are saying that the teachers are not worth as much as big business so we must cut the taxes to businesses (which we know they pay little of anyway) and make the public employees pay more. They are making the working class pay for the maleficence of greedy corporations and banks...that's what "some" really Koch sucking governors are doing.

You are another one who is cluelsss about tax credits for corporations and why they exist...and tax dedcuctions for corporations and why they exist...and operating costs and how taxes are part of them....and how headcount is based on operating costs...

In other words...you only know what those left wing talking heads want you to know.

Ah, I see that you are an arrogant asshole that thinks the unions are to blame for all the state's woes. Of course, that is what Fox tells you to believe.

Can you tell us why federal union employees have no collective bargaining rights?

No..I am a business planner that is watching one of my clients being forced to close a local manufacturing shop becuase the union refuses to allow him to hire better talent at better wages than what he is paying the less talented workers. The union siad he can not pay anyone more that he brings in from the outside...so the better talent is passing on his offers...so his QC is out of control and the only option is to close that shop down and enhance his shop out of state.

Those unions are actually forcing him to lay off employees in a state where unemployment is already high.

And I dont need Fox to make me look at basic logic...

The state is broke...the unions used their strength in numbers to handcuff the state into offering benefits at little cost to the employee...including rediculous pensions....and so the state said...you got greedy and so now we are going to make surte this doesnt happen again...no more collective bargaining.

You see...I apply business knowledge to my thinking...you apply envy to your thinking.

Are you serious?

Pardon me. What makes you think it is the teacher who chooses to get paid on a 12 month basis and not the financial dept of their school districts. I know my brother's district doesn't give a choice. It's a 12 month payment plan....period.

So?
What differewnce does it make to your brother?
ANd I never siad they had the option...I simply said it doesntr make a difference.

Can you tell us why federal union employees have no collective bargaining rights?

Do Post Office workers have unions? Do they have collective bargaining rights?

roflmao_522.jpg

do you really think they take the job becuase all they care about are the kids?

Get real.

If so...why exactly are they complaining about losing collective bargaining rights?
Maybe because they can see that they are about to be even MORE of a target of the Right.

Teacher Unions have promoted that "Woe is Me" Entitlement attitude for many years. Teachers don't have it nearly as bad as they claim. So they want to make more money? Gee who doesn't? Just take a close look at the benefits they enjoy. No other Professions in America enjoy the kinds of benefits Teachers enjoy. For example,how many workers will be enjoying a fully paid entire Summer off this year? No one but Teachers. So they don't have it so bad. The Teacher Unions just keep on promoting that "Woe is Me" attitude so they can rape the Taxpayers some more and get their Democrats elected. I'm completely sick of their whiny Entitlement attitude. Many other workers in America have it much worse than Teachers. Yet no one whines more than Teachers do. Time to boot the Teacher Unions from our Public Schools. Their time has passed.
Not so, most teachers work 10 months out of the year and are paid for 10 months work not 12. The only way these teachers get paid in summer is if the district spreads their 10 month's pay over 12.

You are correct in that under the Fair Labor and Standards Act (FLSA) that Teachers are exempt.

However that has nothing to do with their length of employment. Teachers are not paid an "annual salary" in the traditional sense. They are paid on contract days which will vary by school district from 180-200 days for a typical teacher. 10-month is the general term of employment while admittedly there may be a few exceptions. For example we had a few technology, career, and consumer science teachers that actually worked 11-month (220 day) schedules. Typically one each per high school because they had to work after the normal school year and return from summer break early for inventory and supply ordering purposes.

In the school district I work for teachers receive pay checks from September through the following June, they do not receive paychecks when there are no instructional days and so there are no checks in July and August. (The school has no "option" to pay over 12-months, if you are a 10-month employee you get 10 paychecks. Now employees can join the local credit union and they will deduct a % of each check and then pay it over the summer. But that's between the employee and the credit union, the school district has no part in it.)

Where do I get this from? I'm a database administrator for a school system. I designed the databases that print the contracts for new hires and returning personnel and I oversea distribution of "end of year" contracts/LOE's for about 3,000 employees for the next school year.

Last edited:

You obviously have a Fox talking point to make....so make it :D

Not so, most teachers work 10 months out of the year and are paid for 10 months work not 12. The only way these teachers get paid in summer is if the district spreads their 10 month's pay over 12.

You are correct in that under the Fair Labor and Standards Act (FLSA) that Teachers are exempt.

However that has nothing to do with their length of employment. Teachers are not paid an "annual salary" in the traditional sense. They are paid on contract days which will vary by school district from 180-200 days for a typical teacher.

In the school district I work for teachers receive pay checks from September through the following June, they do not receive paychecks when there are no instructional days and so there are no checks in July and August. (The school has no "option" to pay over 12-months, if you are a 10-month employee you get 10 paychecks. Now employees can join the local credit union and they will deduct a % of each check and then pay it over the summer. But that's between the employee and the credit union, the school district has no part in it.)

Where do I get this from? I'm a database administrator for a school system. I designed the databases that print the contracts for new hires and returning personnel and I oversea distribution of "end of year" contracts/LOE's for about 3,000 employees for the next school year.

Jeez...

You dont get it...

None of you do.

It makes no difference...the teacher accepts the salary knowing they are getting paid X amount a year for teaching.

The only difference is they are allowed to ALSO make extra money in the summer doing something not part of the school year...like camp counselor.

But they get paid X amount per year for teaching.

Most American Taxpayers work very long hours and believe they deserve higher pay. And most don't enjoy all Weekends off,Several Weeks off for Holidays,and Entire Summers Off either. Many work 6-Day Work-Weeks and most Holidays. It's these Taxpayers who pay Teachers so they can enjoy their abundant leisure time and bitching about everything. So how bout a simple Thank You from Teachers once and awhile? They work for the Taxpayers after all. It's not the other way around. Just remember to thank Taxpayers while you Teachers enjoy your upcoming Easter/Spring Break time off. Most other American Workers will be showing up for work that week. So you Teachers just go ahead and enjoy your leisure time,but just remember hard-working Taxpayers paid for it. Have fun.

Last edited:

roflmao_522.jpg

do you really think they take the job becuase all they care about are the kids?

Get real.

If so...why exactly are they complaining about losing collective bargaining rights?
Maybe because they can see that they are about to be even MORE of a target of the Right.

But what do they care?

They are only in it for the kids.

Jeez....het fucking real.

What teachers get paid vacations? None I know. What teachers get a fully paid summer off? None I know.

Every one of them do.

Wrong again.

They get 2 options. Spread out their salary for 12 months or just for when they are in school. They do not get paid extra in the summer. They get paid nothing because they aren't working.

You lose but thanks for playing the "Do you have a brain game!"

I can't speak for all school systems of course, but our teachers have no option. They work 10-months, they receive 10 paychecks (we only pay once a month here), there is no option to be paid over 12-months.

>>>>>

Do Post Office workers have unions? Do they have collective bargaining rights?

Yes. No.

Civil Service Reform Act of 1978

Now answer my question, please.

However that has nothing to do with their length of employment. Teachers are not paid an "annual salary" in the traditional sense. They are paid on contract days which will vary by school district from 180-200 days for a typical teacher.

Jeez...

You dont get it...

None of you do.

It makes no difference...the teacher accepts the salary knowing they are getting paid X amount a year for teaching.

The only difference is they are allowed to ALSO make extra money in the summer doing something not part of the school year...like camp counselor.

But they get paid X amount per year for teaching.

So now you hold their non-paid time against them too.....:doubt:

Forum List

Back