student shoots himself

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I just heard some kid walked into a local school with a rifle and shot himself. i dont know if its hit the national coverage yet. but i cant understand these people.

actually from the reports, he was an honor roll eagle scout who got a bad report card.

thats what the current reports are saying. i cant really say anything else. honestly im surprised this hasnt hit national media yet.

then if this kid was honor roll eagle scout, and shot himself over a bad report card... would we place blame on the parents? I know 2 kids I went to school with whose parents were psychotic about them never getting grades below B's. One kid got a C+ in some honors class in the first semester and he tried to hang himself from a basketball hoop in the gym, but the janitor walked in just before the kid jumped.

The other kid wasn't so lucky. He OD'd on alcohol. His parents were even worse about grades. He got a B- in 2 of his classes and it dropped his average to a B, and his parents told him that he had to give up all extracurriculars and hanging out with friends until be brought his grades up.

then if this kid was honor roll eagle scout, and shot himself over a bad report card... would we place blame on the parents? I know 2 kids I went to school with whose parents were psychotic about them never getting grades below B's. One kid got a C+ in some honors class in the first semester and he tried to hang himself from a basketball hoop in the gym, but the janitor walked in just before the kid jumped.

The other kid wasn't so lucky. He OD'd on alcohol. His parents were even worse about grades. He got a B- in 2 of his classes and it dropped his average to a B, and his parents told him that he had to give up all extracurriculars and hanging out with friends until be brought his grades up.

A question with no answer: where does one draw the line pushing their children to excel while not turning them into psychos or making them so afraid of failure they'll kill themselves rather than face it?

When i think about this i keep remembering Batman Begins:

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up"

New Topics

Forum List

Back