Strike While The Iron Is Lukewarm

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Nothing changed last night: Same President, same GOP House, same Democratic Senate.

Everything changed last night: The fiscal cliff is looming and all the Bush tax cuts are set to expire. All of them.

Some of you forgot that the Bush tax cuts were for everyone, not just the rich.

Because he has tiny testicles, Obama has not been able to raise taxes on the rich despite all his efforts to do so.

But in every speech since his "you didn't build that" speech, Obama has been hammering away at raising taxes on the rich.

Every speech. And he was re-elected to fulfill that promise.

He's going to get what he wants now. He has the veto power. If Congress does not give him higher taxes on the rich, he will veto any bill which prevents the Bush tax cuts on everyone from expiring.

And there is nothing anyone can do about it.

The only question is what he will give up to get it. He doesn't have to give up a single thing if he doesn't want to. But we are talking about a guy with puny stones here.

Obama has had his hand of compromise leaning far across the isle since day one, even propositioning numerous times huge cuts to medicare and social security, against his own parties wishes to end the tax cuts to the rich, and the GOP, especially the teabaggers refused.
Their "we're going to try and sink the nation as much as we can to make the president look bad" tactic was a monumental failure, and the teabaggers got their asses kicked last night.

If the GOP doesn't get their heads out of their asses and learns that the dems are running the show, they can kiss the house good bye in 2014 and likely dem filibuster proof senate control.

I am not optimistic either party has the good sense to let the payroll tax cuts expire. This is how countries go to shit. They enact emergency measures during times of crisis, and then a collective stupidity sets in and they say, "Hey! Why don't we do this stuff all the time? Let's make it permanent!"

Nothing changed last night: Same President, same GOP House, same Democratic Senate.

Everything changed last night: The fiscal cliff is looming and all the Bush tax cuts are set to expire. All of them.

Some of you forgot that the Bush tax cuts were for everyone, not just the rich.

Because he has tiny testicles, Obama has not been able to raise taxes on the rich despite all his efforts to do so.

But in every speech since his "you didn't build that" speech, Obama has been hammering away at raising taxes on the rich.

Every speech. And he was re-elected to fulfill that promise.

He's going to get what he wants now. He has the veto power. If Congress does not give him higher taxes on the rich, he will veto any bill which prevents the Bush tax cuts on everyone from expiring.

And there is nothing anyone can do about it.

The only question is what he will give up to get it. He doesn't have to give up a single thing if he doesn't want to. But we are talking about a guy with puny stones here.

I agree.

Of course he can always let those Bush taxcuts for everyone expire and let everyones taxes go back up. The middle class is where the revenue is not the rich. There just aren't enough of them out there.

No reason he should raise taxes on just the rich. He's got his second term and I really don't see him giving a rats ass about anyone. He certainly won't need anyone to vote for him again.

Guess we'll wait and see.

Obama has had his hand of compromise leaning far across the isle since day one, even propositioning numerous times huge cuts to medicare and social security, against his own parties wishes to end the tax cuts to the rich, and the GOP, especially the teabaggers refused.
Their "we're going to try and sink the nation as much as we can to make the president look bad" tactic was a monumental failure, and the teabaggers got their asses kicked last night.

If the GOP doesn't get their heads out of their asses and learns that the dems are running the show, they can kiss the house good bye in 2014 and likely dem filibuster proof senate control.

What a load of horseshit.

Barry has never wanted to work with the Reps. He shut them out of just about everything including that clusterfuck Obamacare. Certainly you remember, "I won. Get in the back of the bus and STFU." Hell. That car is still stuck in the ditch.

I doubt he will work with them in the next four years either. He certainly doesn't give a rats ass for what anyone thinks. He's got his second term and doesn't have to worry about anyone voting for him.

I think America is going to deeply regret giving that fuck another 4 years.

I agree.

Of course he can always let those Bush taxcuts for everyone expire and let everyones taxes go back up. The middle class is where the revenue is not the rich. There just aren't enough of them out there.

No reason he should raise taxes on just the rich. He's got his second term and I really don't see him giving a rats ass about anyone. He certainly won't need anyone to vote for him again.

Guess we'll wait and see.

It is true there are not enough revenues in wealthy people's paychecks to balance the budget, but the Democrats have offered 10 dollars in spending cuts for every dollar in revenue increases.

So we'll see, yes.

Barry has never wanted to work with the Reps. He shut them out of just about everything including that clusterfuck Obamacare. Certainly you remember, "I won. Get in the back of the bus and STFU." Hell. That car is still stuck in the ditch.

I doubt he will work with them in the next four years either. He certainly doesn't give a rats ass for what anyone thinks. He's got his second term and doesn't have to worry about anyone voting for him.

Obama brought 4 trillion in cuts to the table that included medicare and social security that made numerous people in his party livid, but it had to be done. Obama was willing to take 3/4 of the hit, and only wanted the GOP to pitch in 1/4 of that to save the nation's credit rating, the teabaggers absoutly refused to touch a dime of their insane spending to the rich.

The GOP thugs idea of compromise means giving them everything they want, and the american people made it loud and clear to the teabagger trash to go to hell after handing their asses to them last night :up:

True that.

Of course the GOP had the opportunity to back down a little to get a lot but they just could not bring themselves to do that.

So this compromise that nobody thought would even happen might come to fruition exactly as you say.

And who gets hurt most by it?

Well the military is the biggest loser and of course the extremely wealthy, too.

The GOP played hardball for years refusing to bend, so now, if they don't bend?

They break.

Last edited:

Obama brought 4 trillion in cuts to the table that included medicare and social security that made numerous people in his party livid, but it had to be done. Obama was willing to take 3/4 of the hit, and only wanted the GOP to pitch in 1/4 of that to save the nation's credit rating, the teabaggers absoutly refused to touch a dime of their insane spending to the rich.

The GOP thugs idea of compromise means giving them everything they want, and the american people made it loud and clear to the teabagger trash to go to hell after handing their asses to them last night :up:

Yep, and some of them have even said that their idea of compromise is for Dems to do it their way. McConnell, Boehner, Cantor, Ryan - all have said they refuse to work WITH the president FOR the country.

They have SAID IT OUTLOUD.

Why is it that rw's didn't hear it?

The Rs said they would put the country into the trash heap just to deny Obama a second term. They lost. Now its time for them to do their effing jobs and its time they understood that they work for the United States.

The middle class is where the revenue is not the rich. There just aren't enough of them out there.

What a bizarre thing to say. And, completely wrong.

Forum List

Back