Store owner murders innocent black kid

Ok

Because a lying lib reporter editorialized that make it fact?

I dont agree

The Reporter. Maybe a Lib, is quoting the Sheriff. I’m not sure you know what Editorial means. But reporting in a quote is t editorializing.

You can create any fact you want I suppose. Par for the course. It happens in every thread like this.
I just keep to keep the story on a even keel

To hear bleeding heart libs tell it a little black angel WHO DIDNT NUTHIN’ was gunned down by a Korean store keeper for no teason at all

Which is bullshit

The store owner should not have shot the kid

But it could have easily gone the other way

Failing to address it has only made the problem worse. We have seen gangs / teams hit businesses, stealing thousands of dollars of high dollar items.

Businesses are closing stores and leaving crime-ridden cities where the auhjorities have given up trying to protect their stores, leaving communitoes without stores to shop in, for people to find work.

Forfeiting safety, law and order is not an acceptable choice.
Yep, this is what happens when law enforcement abandons their job. Look for more of these shop owners to pull the trigger.

Failing to address it has only made the problem worse. We have seen gangs / teams hit businesses, stealing thousands of dollars of high dollar items.

Businesses are closing stores and leaving crime-ridden cities where the auhjorities have given up trying to protect their stores, leaving communitoes without stores to shop in, for people to find work.

Forfeiting safety, law and order is not an acceptable choice.

Oh I agree it’s a problem. But it is a portion, a fraction of the larger problem. A problem that is enormous and requires more than a simple solution.

Yep, this is what happens when law enforcement abandons their job. Look for more of these shop owners to pull the trigger.

When law enforcement refuses to protect the people, the people must defend and protect themselves.

Those who do should not be punished for doing so when their politicians and law enforcement abando them, refuses to do so.

This was over a kid falsely getting accused of stealing 4 bottles of water.

Nothing compared to fraudulently stealing thousands.

This was over a kid falsely getting accused of stealing 4 bottles of water.

That's awful!

What's happening with Walmart in Chicago? Or all the stores closing in San Francisco?

Oh I agree it’s a problem. But it is a portion, a fraction of the larger problem. A problem that is enormous and requires more than a simple solution.

Its a simple choice for those who are where 'the rubber meets the road'.

When thieves threaten a person's livlihood, what they have put their lives into, when politicians, police, and the courts make a choice to abandon them, they have little choice but to defend themselves and their businesses.

Simply put, the bigger choice made by 'decision-makers' to abandon the people force the peoe to.make choices of their own.

This result is part of the consequences of that bigger choice / decisuon made.

Again, people forced to defend themselves and their businesses because they have been deemed a lesser priority and abandoned should not be punished for doing so.

Shoplifting isn't a crime that allows the use of deadly force. Plus shooting a fleeing criminal in the back is generally illegal even if the criminal is a fleeing felon which this kid wasn't. Shoplifting is a misdemeanor.

It used to be that black would risk being shot for stealing TV from homes.
Price of their life just went down, to 4 bottles of water. Can it go any lower?

When law enforcement refuses to protect the people, the people must defend and protect themselves.

Those who do should not be punished for doing so when their politicians and law enforcement abando them, refuses to do so.

Defending yourself. There we agree. I believe you and everyone have a right to defend yourself. However the scenarios in which you shoot someone in the back while defending yourself are very few and far between.

There is no information at this time in which that fact is in dispute. The kid was shot in the back. The cops say, according to the article, that the kid didn’t have his gun out. Ok. If that information changes then the shooting moves from absolutely wrong to probably wrong. If the guy was pointing it over his shoulder, I’d move it to probably ok, barely.

I do not know the laws in South Carolina. But I can’t think of a single place in the nation where you as a citizen can shoot someone in the back and it be called justified as the facts stand now.

Texas wouldn’t allow it. No Jurisdiction would. Surely you are honest enough to admit that.

Defending yourself. There we agree. I believe you and everyone have a right to defend yourself. However the scenarios in which you shoot someone in the back while defending yourself are very few and far between.

There is no information at this time in which that fact is in dispute. The kid was shot in the back. The cops say, according to the article, that the kid didn’t have his gun out. Ok. If that information changes then the shooting moves from absolutely wrong to probably wrong. If the guy was pointing it over his shoulder, I’d move it to probably ok, barely.

So you would ptefer the kid to have his gun out banging away at the store owner, that THIS then would make it ok?!

If someone is in your house with a gun stealing things, does he have to have his gun out before you can shoot him?

In THIS SPECIFIC case, the store owner should be charged.

'Self-Defense' ends when the attacker ceases hostility and attempts to flee.

CHASING DOWN this kid was not an act of self-defense or prote ting his store / business.

The owners of the convenience store suspected him of shoplifting,” Lott said Monday. “He did not shoplift anything. We have no evidence that he stole anything whatsoever.

The owner is screwed...and rightfully so.

I just keep to keep the story on a even keel

To hear bleeding heart libs tell it a little black angel WHO DIDNT NUTHIN’ was gunned down by a Korean store keeper for no teason at all

As far as we know, that is what happened.

So you would ptefer the kid to have his gun out banging away at the store owner, that THIS then would make it ok?!

If someone is in your house with a gun stealing things, does he have to have his gun out before you can shoot him?

In none of your what if scenarios is the baddie fleeing. It is easy for you. Find a jurisdiction where a person running away was shot in the back by another citizen and it was ruled a justified shooting.

You couldn’t shoot people in the back in the Old West.

But notice how your arguments have changed. You started saying you don’t support shooting people in the back. Now you are defending it. Wrapping it in the larger issue of petty crime.

So I’ll play your game. Even if the kid had stolen the water. There was no justification for shooting him in the back.

Home Invasion? Find a post where I objected to someone shooting a home invader. Hell. I’ve linked to a story from Georgia more than once where a woman shot at home invaders. I’ve used it as an example of what is a justified shooting.

You are mad that the cops aren’t doing more. Fine. Complain to your local city council or county commission. Bitch and moan in letters to the editor. But don’t sit there and tap away pretending that it’s ok to shoot someone in the back.

Let me repeat something else I’ve said a few times. Learn the laws. Learn what you can and can’t do. Because after the fact is way too late. Learn that it isn’t enough to say I was afraid. It has to be a situation in which the reasonable person would be afraid.

Would this Man have pulled the trigger if he knew that by doing so he would end up in prison for the rest of his life? I doubt it. But here again. If you are going to carry a weapon you need to know the laws that are going to be applied to you.

This fellow can tell the Jury how frustrated he is about shoplifting and petty crime. I’m sure they will understand and then find him Guilty. The shop was his livelihood. I wonder who will own it next?

In none of your what if scenarios is the baddie fleeing. It is easy for you. Find a jurisdiction where a person running away was shot in the back by another citizen and it was ruled a justified shooting.

You couldn’t shoot people in the back in the Old West.

But notice how your arguments have changed. You started saying you don’t support shooting people in the back. Now you are defending it. Wrapping it in the larger issue of petty crime.

So I’ll play your game. Even if the kid had stolen the water. There was no justification for shooting him in the back.

Home Invasion? Find a post where I objected to someone shooting a home invader. Hell. I’ve linked to a story from Georgia more than once where a woman shot at home invaders. I’ve used it as an example of what is a justified shooting.

You are mad that the cops aren’t doing more. Fine. Complain to your local city council or county commission. Bitch and moan in letters to the editor. But don’t sit there and tap away pretending that it’s ok to shoot someone in the back.

Let me repeat something else I’ve said a few times. Learn the laws. Learn what you can and can’t do. Because after the fact is way too late. Learn that it isn’t enough to say I was afraid. It has to be a situation in which the reasonable person would be afraid.

Would this Man have pulled the trigger if he knew that by doing so he would end up in prison for the rest of his life? I doubt it. But here again. If you are going to carry a weapon you need to know the laws that are going to be applied to you.

This fellow can tell the Jury how frustrated he is about shoplifting and petty crime. I’m sure they will understand and then find him Guilty. The shop was his livelihood. I wonder who will own it next?
Try reading my last post before going on a full-fledged meltdown.

Forum List

Back