Stop Blaming the Dems for "Not Stopping" the GOP Failure machine

When do you fix our crumbling infrastructure? And it the private sector is going through a recession, sometimes these public sector jobs help us get through a recession.

Yes, you always spend. Cutting back spending will only make matters worse.

I wish they would have given no one anything during the lockdown. If you qualified for unemployment insurance then you live off that. If not, tough cookies. Let everyone eat into their savings. The people who don't have savings, fuck em. Right? Yea! That technically would have been the right thing to do. Joe went the other way. He gave bonus unemployment checks, stimulus money to people who didn't need or deserve it. My retired dad. Me. Why did we get it? Because Joe wanted to keep the lights on during the pandemic. And it worked. Don't cry about debt now.

Let's get Putin out of Ukraine so my stocks can go back up again.
Several things here.

First, we spent billions so that Obama could fix the infrastructure. He didn't. Now you want to spend trillions to "fix the infrastructure". I don't believe it will be fixed. I believe that any infrastructure bill will be, as always, larded up with unrelated spending that fixes nothing.
Second, Quid Pro didn't set up the extra spending during the pandemic, that was TRUMP!, so you should be singing his praises for it. How can I take you seriously when you think Quid Pro did that?

If someone actually good tries to run for president, they will be run out of Washington just like Trump was.
Ah... so we should vote for someone bad. Logic!
How come you aren't a member of this party? I like them. Let's join together

I not a fan of Yang (see "social credit score"), though I'm glad to see they support RCV.

But if you vote for them I'll give you props. It'd be a hell of lot better choice than the lesser-of-two-evils conceit. We need to stop falling for the D and R horseshit.

Last edited:
Several things here.

First, we spent billions so that Obama could fix the infrastructure. He didn't. Now you want to spend trillions to "fix the infrastructure". I don't believe it will be fixed. I believe that any infrastructure bill will be, as always, larded up with unrelated spending that fixes nothing.
Second, Quid Pro didn't set up the extra spending during the pandemic, that was TRUMP!, so you should be singing his praises for it. How can I take you seriously when you think Quid Pro did that?
Our infrastructure has been falling apart for decades. Without Obama and Joe it still would be crumbling. Republicans refuse to build walls inside the country. But ask them to spend money on a wall on border, a wall that isn't going to stop shit, they're all for it. No matter how much it costs.

Our infrastructure has been falling apart for decades. Without Obama and Joe it still would be crumbling. Republicans refuse to build walls inside the country. But ask them to spend money on a wall on border, a wall that isn't going to stop shit, they're all for it. No matter how much it costs.
1. Obama admitted the jobs he said were just waiting for funding weren't there. What infrastructure did he fix?
2. What infrastructure has Quid Pro actually fixed vs. him promising to fix it if we just let him spend trillions?

What, no acknowledgement that you were wrong about pandemic spending?

1. Obama admitted the jobs he said were just waiting for funding weren't there. What infrastructure did he fix?
2. What infrastructure has Quid Pro actually fixed vs. him promising to fix it if we just let him spend trillions?

What, no acknowledgement that you were wrong about pandemic spending?
I see infrastructure spending everywhere I go. Do you live in Gooberville where no infrastructure money is going?

I see infrastructure spending everywhere I go. Do you live in Gooberville where no infrastructure money is going?
How much of that is state and local spending and how much is federal?

Still won't admit you were wrong about the pandemic spending, I see.

Ah... so we should vote for someone bad. Logic!

I not a fan of Yang (see "social credit score"), but if you vote for them I'll give you props. It'd be a hell of lot better choice than the lesser-of-two-evils conceit. We need to stop falling for the D and R horseshit.

I'm a firm believer that the truth is always somewhere in between. So this party would take that approach. Yes Global Warming is real but we can't bankrupt companies by making them go Green by tomorrow.

They will poll the public. Do you believe global warming is real? If the majority agree it is real, that's the way they will lead. I love it.

Should taxes be raised on rich people and corporations? If the majority say yes, yes it is.

Should we pass common sense gun legislation?

Should we build a wall on the southern border? No?

Do we like social security and medicare? Yes?

Should abortion remain legal? Yes?

How much of that is state and local spending and how much is federal?

Still won't admit you were wrong about the pandemic spending, I see.
Federal. We didn't have to pay for the new roads. When we do, we have debates about how we're going to pay for it. Gas tax? Raise property taxes? We didn't even have the debate because we got federal $. What state do you live in I'll look up how much your state got since you can't look yourself.

You really don't know what you are talking about

Based on formula funding alone, Michigan is expected to receive approximately $7.9 billion over five years in federal funding for highways and bridges.

I'm a firm believer that the truth is always somewhere in between. So this party would take that approach. Yes Global Warming is real but we can't bankrupt companies by making them go Green by tomorrow.

They will poll the public. Do you believe global warming is real? If the majority agree it is real, that's the way they will lead. I love it.

Should taxes be raised on rich people and corporations? If the majority say yes, yes it is.

Should we pass common sense gun legislation?

Should we build a wall on the southern border? No?

Do we like social security and medicare? Yes?

Should abortion remain legal? Yes?
Right. They seem to retain the same delusional faith in democracy that Democrats champion.

Ranked choice voting would be a real improvement, but Yang doesn't seem to have much respect for constitutionally limited government.

Federal. We didn't have to pay for the new roads. When we do, we have debates about how we're going to pay for it. Gas tax? Raise property taxes? We didn't even have the debate because we got federal $. What state do you live in I'll look up how much your state got since you can't look yourself.

You really don't know what you are talking about

Based on formula funding alone, Michigan is expected to receive approximately $7.9 billion over five years in federal funding for highways and bridges.
Funny that you think you don't have to pay for new roads when the country was handed trillions in new spending.

Still won't admit you were wrong. TRUMP! did the pandemic spending.

Funny that you think you don't have to pay for new roads when the country was handed trillions in new spending.

Still won't admit you were wrong. TRUMP! did the pandemic spending.
Trump's handling of the pandemic is why we had to give so much stimulus out.

Biden forged consensus and compromise between Democrats, Republicans, and Independents to demonstrate our democracy can deliver big wins for the American people. After decades of talk on rebuilding America’s crumbling infrastructure, President Biden delivered the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law – a historic investment in America that will change people’s lives for the better and get America moving again.

If you need a job that was created by this bill

Trump's handling of the pandemic is why we had to give so much stimulus out.

Biden forged consensus and compromise between Democrats, Republicans, and Independents to demonstrate our democracy can deliver big wins for the American people. After decades of talk on rebuilding America’s crumbling infrastructure, President Biden delivered the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law – a historic investment in America that will change people’s lives for the better and get America moving again.

If you need a job that was created by this bill

Let's see if we have this straight. You started with "Biden went the other way". He spent to keep the lights on, to keep people going when they couldn't work, and all sorts of wonderful things, praising him to the hilt. Now, when you're reminded that it was TRUMP! who did the spending, it's, "Well, we wouldn't have had to if he had just done different and stuff". What would you have had TRUMP! do different, not lock down the country? That was my preference, but of course, he had to listen to the experts who were telling him to do it. Funny how fast spending went instantly from awesome to terrible just because of who did it.

Let's see if we have this straight. You started with "Biden went the other way". He spent to keep the lights on, to keep people going when they couldn't work, and all sorts of wonderful things, praising him to the hilt. Now, when you're reminded that it was TRUMP! who did the spending, it's, "Well, we wouldn't have had to if he had just done different and stuff". What would you have had TRUMP! do different, not lock down the country? That was my preference, but of course, he had to listen to the experts who were telling him to do it. Funny how fast spending went instantly from awesome to terrible just because of who did it.

He could have also promoted wearing masks and social distancing but instead he compared wearing a mask to carrying a purse at his fucking rallies.

You're an idiot.

He could have also promoted wearing masks and social distancing but instead he compared wearing a mask to carrying a purse at his fucking rallies.

You're an idiot.
1. You're not addressing the shutdown and the resultant spending that you were gleeful about until you discovered TRUMP! did it and Quid Pro did not.
2. Now you're trying to make it about me, which is ALWAYS a losing proposition. I thought you would have known that by now.

Now, given that you've been confused on the subject of pandemic spending after shutting down the economy, what exactly should TRUMP! have done differently, now that you're opposed to the spending, or is it the other way around? It's kind of hard to keep straight with you sometimes. Should TRUMP! have NOT listened to the experts and kept the country open, or did he do the right thing by shutting it down and then spending to keep people solvent?

1. You're not addressing the shutdown and the resultant spending that you were gleeful about until you discovered TRUMP! did it and Quid Pro did not.
2. Now you're trying to make it about me, which is ALWAYS a losing proposition. I thought you would have known that by now.

Now, given that you've been confused on the subject of pandemic spending after shutting down the economy, what exactly should TRUMP! have done differently, now that you're opposed to the spending, or is it the other way around? It's kind of hard to keep straight with you sometimes. Should TRUMP! have NOT listened to the experts and kept the country open, or did he do the right thing by shutting it down and then spending to keep people solvent?

I liked the idea of letting restaurants open up but carry out only.

He should not have hosted rallies when we were practicing social distancing. Perhaps he isn't intelligent enough to realize how to mitigate the damage caused by socially distancing.

Hey, I heard something on the news today that I never realized. Was the coronavirus started in a lab or in a wet market? I forgot they told us one story then it changed.

Politicians and some government agencies continue to contend the Covid-19 pandemic started as a leak from the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory, even as scientists and public health officials say the evidence points to it naturally emerging from animals at a food market in China.

U.S. Department of Energy assessed with “low confidence” the Covid pandemic originated from a lab leak

With LOW confidence? WTF?

It seems the biggest criticism of the Democrats is their inability to stop or reverse failed GOP policy.
WOW

Its already been established that the Republicans fucked up America badly over the past 20+ years. They inherited a balanced budget in 2000 and squandered it and then blew up the economy badly, they started the war in Iraq and mismanaged it and it fell into total chaos, they fucked up covid badly, Trump spent like a drunken sailor and ramped up annual deficits from $587B in 2016 to $3.1T in 2020. The list goes on and on.

When you try and hold the GOP accountable for their repeated failures and bad policy the response is pathetic, "the dems didn't do enough to stop the GOP therefore the GOP failure is the fault of the dems !"

Its laughable !
When are the republicans going to be held accountable for their consistent failure? Its the dems fault that the republicans have failed so badly.

Taz.....you need to just stop it already.

I liked the idea of letting restaurants open up but carry out only.

He should not have hosted rallies when we were practicing social distancing. Perhaps he isn't intelligent enough to realize how to mitigate the damage caused by socially distancing.

Hey, I heard something on the news today that I never realized. Was the coronavirus started in a lab or in a wet market? I forgot they told us one story then it changed.

Politicians and some government agencies continue to contend the Covid-19 pandemic started as a leak from the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory, even as scientists and public health officials say the evidence points to it naturally emerging from animals at a food market in China.

U.S. Department of Energy assessed with “low confidence” the Covid pandemic originated from a lab leak

With LOW confidence? WTF?

They were doing stupid stuff like dispersing people who were attending church services in their own cars in a parking lot. That was stupid. At any rate, we now know that TRUMP! listened to the experts and spent a lot of money trying to keep people and businesses afloat while the nation was shut down over a disease that had an overall 90%+ survival rate, and for most age groups, higher than that.

They were doing stupid stuff like dispersing people who were attending church services in their own cars in a parking lot. That was stupid. At any rate, we now know that TRUMP! listened to the experts and spent a lot of money trying to keep people and businesses afloat while the nation was shut down over a disease that had an overall 90%+ survival rate, and for most age groups, higher than that.
Well it was wise to shut down until we had a vaccine. The death toll would have been higher if we didn't.

Well it was wise to shut down until we had a vaccine. The death toll would have been higher if we didn't.
That's certainly possible. We knew very little about covid at first, and I had no problem with extraordinary emergency measures. The virus might have been an existential threat to the human race. But once it was clear that wasn't the case, there was no call for those emergency measures.

That's certainly possible. We knew very little about covid at first, and I had no problem with extraordinary emergency measures. The virus might have been an existential threat to the human race. But once it was clear that wasn't the case, there was no call for those emergency measures.

A lot of us went back to work soon after. We just didn't allow people to dine in or sit on strippers laps. Or go to the gym.

Forum List

Back