Still need to keep the Electoral College

asterism

Congress != Progress
Jul 29, 2010
Central Florida
The Electoral College needs to stay. Romney probably won the popular vote, but the US is not a pure democracy and should not be at the whims of mob rule. The Electoral College maintains State sovereignty and proper representation of mixed interests.

I'm open to ideas about how to refine the process.

Eh. California may change the popular vote. We will see.

I would like to see how Ohio and the outstanding states turn out before we hand it over to Obama. Last count I saw on CNN has Romney ahead in Ohio with 78% returns in.

Agreed but we need to make it to where you win both the electoral vote AND the popular vote. It's insane to have a POTUS that the plurality of Americans did not pick.

Agreed but we need to make it to where you win both the electoral vote AND the popular vote. It's insane to have a POTUS that the plurality of Americans did not pick.

no its not. it is what it is and should stay as is. I don't care who wins the popular vote, it was created for a reason.

no its not. it is what it is and should stay as is. I don't care who wins the popular vote, it was created for a reason.

Reasons can be good and bad. It was created for a bad reason; to mitigate the will of the people.

There is zero reason in this day and age to not have a plurality of voters select the President.

Forum List

Back