State Statutes only criminalizes corporate weed!! It doesn't criminalize live man....

indicaman981

Rookie
Dec 21, 2013
I was studying the Marijuana, Massage, and Prostitution laws. I stumble across theses definitions of “person.” I also find out that singular include plural. What is going on here? Almost every state statute I go to, this keep showing up. Am I dreaming? Am I being abducted by space aliens?

Arizona

28. "Person" includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. When the word "person" is used to designate the party whose property may be the subject of a criminal or public offense, the term includes the United States, this state, or any territory, state or country, or any political subdivision of this state that may lawfully own any property, or a public or private corporation, or partnership or association. When the word "person" is used to designate the violator or offender of any law, it includes corporation, partnership or any association of persons.

1-214. Words of tense, number and gender
A. Words in the present tense include the future as well as the present.
B. Words in the singular number include the plural, and words in the plural number include the singular.
C. Words of the masculine gender include the feminine and the neuter.
D. Words of the feminine gender include the masculine and the neuter.

California

Health and Safety Code SECTION 1-28
19. "Person" means any person, firm, association, organization,
partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company,
or company.
California Penal Code SECTION 2-24
7. Words used in this code in the present tense include the future
as well as the present; words used in the masculine gender include
the feminine and neuter; the singular number includes the plural, and
the plural the singular; the word "person" includes a corporation as
well as a natural person;

20. In every crime or public offense there must exist a union, or
joint operation of act and intent, or criminal negligence.

Florida

1.01 Definitions.—In construing these statutes and each and every word, phrase, or part hereof, where the context will permit:
(1) The singular includes the plural and vice versa.
(2) Gender-specific language includes the other gender and neuter.
(3) The word “person” includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations.

Sacramento City Code

1.04.020 Definitions and rules of construction.
Or, And. “Or” may be read “and,” and “and” may be read “or,” if the sense requires it.

Dictionary Definition

“ as well 1. Addition; too: the museum provides hours of fun and a few suprises as well | a shop that sold books as well as newspapers.” – The Oxford American College Dictionary
“Include v. [trans.] 1. Comprised or contain as part of a whole; the price includes dinner.” -The Oxford American College Dictionary

Forum List

Back