Starting tomorrow in California: Ban on trucks and buses made before 2010

How about the people doing the work decide what is economical to drive and not some stupid idiotic Democrat law maker that doesn't know his or her ass from a hole in the ground about making a living trucking?

Whooooosh.

Last edited:
I give greenies credit for leading the way to clean sir

But being largely zealots they dont know when to quit

The air in America is very clean

I don't support every idea that comes down the line but my remark stands. Is addressing emissions costly or cost effective?

I don't support every idea that comes down the line but my remark stands. Is addressing emissions costly or cost effective?
So does my reply:

I give greenies credit for leading the way to clean air when it was needed most”

Its not cost effective the way california is going about it now

So does my reply:

I give greenies credit for leading the way to clean air when it was needed most”

Its not cost effective the way california is going about it now

I don't know that to be true. People have argued against many of the things they have done and as you note, while there have been costs, there most certainly have been valid benefits also.

This is going to affect over 70,000 vehicles and applies to trucks entering California from other states.

Hopefully it will mean a boom for the ports in New Orleans, Houston and Galveston.
I mean that's where the fuel is anyway ... Skip California.

Hopefully it will mean a boom for the ports in New Orleans, Houston and Galveston.
I mean that's where the fuel is anyway ... Skip California.

Fuel yes, but California is also a huge agricultural state. You can probably look for even higher prices on fruits and vegetables.

I don't know that to be true. People have argued against many of the things they have done and as you note, while there have been costs, there most certainly have been valid benefits also.
Air quality used to be very bad n America

But not anymore

Removing that last tiny bit of particulates is not worth the cost

Time will tell.
According to the greenie timeline arent the diesel trucks going to be replaced in a few years naturally by electrics?

But of course its no fin for lefties if they arent forcing people to do things by government decree

According to the greenie timeline arent the diesel trucks going to be replaced in a few years naturally by electrics?

According to them, yeah but it's highly unlikely to happen.

Fuel yes, but California is also a huge agricultural state. You can probably look for even higher prices on fruits and vegetables.

I live in Louisiana, and we aren't going to starve to death anytime soon.
We are also currently trading more with our European allies out of our ports ... And I am not going to miss a lot of Chinese crap.

Personally ... I don't care much at all about California.
It's like half their state is on fire in the summertime because they refuse to manage the lands ... That cannot be good for air quality.
Their power grid sucks to high heaven ... And they spend money on nonsense instead.

What you addressed in the opening post can just be added to a long list of ... "Who the heck cares what those folks in California do".
Let's do business ... And California can kiss my rear end ... :auiqs.jpg:

I agree. They vote for this stupid shit so let them deal with the consequences of it.

Again, is it stupid? Is it stupid or cost effective? It's been well documented that emissions cost the country a lot in health care costs.

California. Doesn't affect me. Not sure why I should care.

It does though. A vast majority of good brought to this country come via ports in Cali. Now they have limited the number of trucks that can bring those goods to the rest of the nation.

This is going to affect over 70,000 vehicles and applies to trucks entering California from other states.

'California's ban on big rigs and buses made before 2010 goes into effect in January. Here's what that will mean"​

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
Large trucks and buses made before 2010 will be prohibited from operating on California roadways starting Jan. 1. It's the final rule in a set of clean air regulations the California Air Resources Board passed nearly 15 years ago.

The rule applies to diesel vehicles that weigh at least 14,000 pounds. The air resources board said there are an estimated 200,000 vehicles that have yet to comply with the rule just days before the new year, including roughly 70,000 big rig trucks, or about 10% of the commercial motor vehicles operating in the state, according to trucking lobbying groups."

California's ban on big rigs and buses made before 2010 goes into effect in January. What to know

Land of fruits and nuts. They can't legally do that; Especially not on Federal roads and land.

Forum List

Back