Starting tomorrow in California: Ban on trucks and buses made before 2010

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
This is going to affect over 70,000 vehicles and applies to trucks entering California from other states.

'California's ban on big rigs and buses made before 2010 goes into effect in January. Here's what that will mean"​

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
Large trucks and buses made before 2010 will be prohibited from operating on California roadways starting Jan. 1. It's the final rule in a set of clean air regulations the California Air Resources Board passed nearly 15 years ago.

The rule applies to diesel vehicles that weigh at least 14,000 pounds. The air resources board said there are an estimated 200,000 vehicles that have yet to comply with the rule just days before the new year, including roughly 70,000 big rig trucks, or about 10% of the commercial motor vehicles operating in the state, according to trucking lobbying groups."

California's ban on big rigs and buses made before 2010 goes into effect in January. What to know

First lets see if the commies enforce the law

I’m betting they will ignore the older trucks without actually repealing the law

First lets see if the commies enforce the law

I’m betting they will ignore the older trucks without actually repealing the law
Throw them all in jail?

LOL.

Well California is a police state now, so it makes sense.

If it does sail away as a result of a 9.0 tremor we might be able to see whether there really is an underwater alien base off Sacramento .
And explain how the natives became mentally deranged .

Throw them all in jail?

LOL.

Well California is a police state now, so it makes sense.
I’m sure the libs would jail truck drivers unmercifully if it didnt disrupt an already shaky supply situation

Enforcing this stupid law wont be as easy as the crazy greenies imagine

And it probably will raise prices

I’m sure the libs would jail truck drivers unmercifully if it didnt disrupt an already shaky supply situation

Enforcing this stupid law wont be as easy as the crazy greenies imagine

And it probably will raise prices
Probably raise prices?

Democrats are going out of their way to raise prices for everything

That is the intent.

Disempowerment = government control.

California. Doesn't affect me. Not sure why I should care.
Because it becomes a model of how Liberals can fuck up the country with dumbass policies.

Actually it will affect you.

A lot of goods that are distributed to the rest of the country flow through the California ports. Artificially running up the cost of trucking those goods to the rest of the country by banning vehicles that are economically viable now will add to the already high Potatohead inflation.

Liberals manage to fuck everybody.

Because it becomes a model of how Liberals can fuck up the country with dumbass policies.

Actually it will affect you.

A lot of goods that are distributed to the rest of the country flow through the California ports. Artificially running up the cost of trucking those goods to the rest of the country by banning vehicles that are economically viable now will add to the already high Potatohead inflation.

Liberals manage to fuck everybody.

Is removing trucks that lead to the massive costs of things like asthma and other health issues, costly or cost effective?

Is removing trucks that lead to the massive costs of things like asthma and other health issues, costly or cost effective?

They are only on the road now because they are economical to operate for the owners.

Just because some stupid uneducated inbred dumbass Democrat Environmental Wacko doesn't like you driving them doesn't mean there is a rational basis to it.

They are only on the road now because they are economical to operate for the owners.

Right, those with breathing issues be damned.

Just because some stupid uneducated inbred dumbass Democrat Environmental Wacko doesn't like you driving them doesn't mean there is a rational basis to it.

I stated a rational bases but I guess the argument went over your head.

Right, those with breathing issues be damned.

I stated a rational bases but I guess the argument went over your head.

How about the people doing the work decide what is economical to drive and not some stupid idiotic Democrat law maker that doesn't know his or her ass from a hole in the ground about making a living trucking?

You Moon Bats never met an oppressive regulation that you didn't love more than life itself, have you?

Being an Environmental Engineer for 30 years that actually abated real pollution I know for a fact that most, if not all, of the studies defining environmental risks are not worth the paper they are written on. Nobody is going to die because there are trucks made prior to 2010 on the road.

Forum List

Back