Starting tomorrow in California: Ban on trucks and buses made before 2010

It does though. A vast majority of good brought to this country come via ports in Cali. Now they have limited the number of trucks that can bring those goods to the rest of the nation.

It's up to California how they want to address emissions. States rights and all.....................

Land of fruits and nuts. They can't legally do that; Especially not on Federal roads and land.

Who is going to enforce it anyway? Are the CHIPs expected to take note of every truck that drives by them and try and determine the date of manufacture?

Land of fruits and nuts. They can't legally do that; Especially not on Federal roads and land.

"Legally" doesn't mean anything anymore. Might as well become ungovernable, just like everyone else.

It does though. A vast majority of good brought to this country come via ports in Cali. Now they have limited the number of trucks that can bring those goods to the rest of the nation.
Ss long as the loonies in california dont ban diesel freight trains I think most of the harm will be in-state

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
McDonalds cause probably 1000/1 more health care costs than emissions.
BAN BIG MACS!!!!!!!

I don't know what the percent is but I have the option of not eating at McD's, I do not have the option of not breathing.

Again, is it stupid? Is it stupid or cost effective? It's been well documented that emissions cost the country a lot in health care costs.

Not near as much as eating a lot of junk and sitting on your butt watching movies and playing video games ... :thup:
California exports a whole more than goods.

I don't know what the percent is but I have the option of not eating at McD's, I do not have the option of not breathing.
And small businesses don't have the option to run out and buy new trucks.
As written in the article, the used truck/semi market is equally as low inventory and high priced as consumer vehicles.

The end result of this will be smaller companies will go out of business and - AGAIN - liberal policies gifting corporations to continue their takeover of everything.

Not near as much as eating a lot of junk and sitting on your butt watching movies and playing video games ... :thup:
California exports a whole more than goods.

Which doesn't mean emissions should not be addressed.

If you wish to pass a law banning Twinkies and forcing every one to run 3 miles a day, push for it.

And small businesses don't have the option to run out and buy new trucks
As written in the article, the used truck/semi market is equally as low inventory and high priced as consumer vehicles.

The end result of this will be smaller companies will go out of business and - AGAIN - liberal policies gifting corporations to continue their takeover of everything.

States rights, right?

Which doesn't mean emissions should not be addressed.

If you wish to pass a law banning Twinkies and forcing every one to run 3 miles a day, push for it.

Only a nitwit could assume anything I post would ever suggest I might have the desire to pass a law banning Twinkies or whatever ...
And what you just posted is a prime example of what I meant about California exporting more than goods ... You nitwit ... :thup:

It's up to California how they want to address emissions. States rights and all.....................

Did I say it was not? I am just not so uninformed in that I do not understand the impact it will have on the rest of the country.

You are normally more informed than this

We have already found out. Emissions cost a lot in health care costs.

Hope you like paying more for grapes, almonds, strawberries, pistachios, lettuce, walnuts, rice, apricots, dates, figs, nectarines, olives, avocados, lemons, melons, peaches, plums, broccoli, carrots, asparagus, cauliflower, celery, garlic, mushrooms, onions, peppers, beets, cheese, beef, cotton cloth, electrical and electronic equipment and components, audio and video tape, lighting equipment, baked goods, beverages, anything with boron, diatomite, sodium compounds, tungsten, gold, gypsum, magnesium compounds, molybdenum, perlite, potash, and pumice in it, swordfish, halibut, herring, mackerel, rockfish, sablefish, salmon, shark, abalones, crabs, shrimp, and squid.

Not to mention, everything being shipped into California is going to cost more.

Last edited:
Hope you like paying more for grapes, almonds, strawberries, pistachios, lettuce, walnuts, rice, apricots, dates, figs, nectarines, olives, avocados, lemons, melons, peaches, plums, broccoli, carrots, asparagus, cauliflower, celery, garlic, mushrooms, onions, peppers, beets, cheese, beef, cotton cloth, electrical and electronic equipment and components, audio and video tape, lighting equipment, baked goods, beverages, anything with boron, diatomite, sodium compounds, tungsten, gold, gypsum, magnesium compounds, molybdenum, perlite, potash, and pumice in it, swordfish, halibut, herring, mackerel, rockfish, sablefish, salmon, shark, abalones, crabs, shrimp, and squid.

Pfft ... Bourbon comes from Kentucky ... Let's do some business with them ... :auiqs.jpg:

Only a nitwit could assume anything I post would ever suggest I might have the desire to pass a law banning Twinkies or whatever ...
And what you just posted is a prime example of what I meant about California exporting more than goods ... You nitwit ... :thup:

You brought it up. I noted we have seen increases on the public health with controls on emissions. The only reply seems to be something irrelevant about junk food.

Did I say it was not? I am just not so uninformed in that I do not understand the impact it will have on the rest of the country.

You are normally more informed than this

I noted that rules on emissions in the past have been positive. My question then is whether this is costly or cost effective?

Few seem to care, they just want to condemn because.............California.

Pay more for grapes and less for health care........................ that has been the trade off in the past. Even then which is more important? Cheap grapes or people's health?

Forum List

Back