Stanford University measured the N95 mask at reducing Oxygen levels 5 to 20 percent says this is life threatening

esalla

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2020
Cryogenic capsule under area 51, I am not dead
From Stanford University
But in filtering those particles, N95 masks can also make it harder to breathe. Based on literature and confirmed by our measurements, N95 masks are estimated to reduce oxygen intake by anywhere from 5 percent to 20 percent. That’s significant, even for a healthy person. It can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. For healthy people, these side effects are temporary and usually not an issue. But if you are severely ill and are continuously wearing an N95 mask for several hours at a time, it can damage the lungs. For a patient in respiratory distress, it can even be life threatening.

news.stanford.edu

Stanford researchers reengineer COVID-19 face masks | Stanford News
Stanford engineers have developed a new type of protective face mask that can counteract the side effects of oxygen deficiency.
news.stanford.edu
news.stanford.edu

Never, ever ever ever listen to the government if you want to live well and be healthy

From Stanford University
But in filtering those particles, N95 masks can also make it harder to breathe. Based on literature and confirmed by our measurements, N95 masks are estimated to reduce oxygen intake by anywhere from 5 percent to 20 percent. That’s significant, even for a healthy person. It can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. For healthy people, these side effects are temporary and usually not an issue. But if you are severely ill and are continuously wearing an N95 mask for several hours at a time, it can damage the lungs. For a patient in respiratory distress, it can even be life threatening.

news.stanford.edu

Stanford engineers have developed a new type of protective face mask that can counteract the side effects of oxygen deficiency.
news.stanford.edu
news.stanford.edu

Never, ever ever ever listen to the government if you want to live well and be healthy
You should try out the army's gas mask on a hot day for a few hours.

• Banned
From Stanford University

news.stanford.edu

news.stanford.edu
news.stanford.edu

You should try out the army's gas mask on a hot day for a few hours.
Is that what happened to you?

There are elderly people who clearly struggle to breathe with them on. The local Ace hardware I go to likes to hire old retired guys. A couple of them had to quit because they struggled to breathe with masks on. To me they are just annoying and hot but to others they cause real problems.

People wear the n95 mask to train for high altitude climbs....what does that tell you?....

• Banned
People wear the n95 mask to train for high altitude climbs....what does that tell you?....
I actually train at the highest point at the east coast
I looked on line and found that they sell high altitude training masks for people getting ready to climb Mt Everest for example....they are not cheap either....
Only Oxygen deprived mental morons challenge Everest, no one who ever reached the Summit was even fully conscious

I actually train at the highest point at the east coast
I looked on line and found that they sell high altitude training masks for people getting ready to climb Mt Everest for example....they are not cheap either....
Only Oxygen deprived mental morons challenge Everest, no one who ever reached the Summit was even fully conscious
Good point....I'm sure you already have read into thin air by John Krakauer...but if you haven't I think you would enjoy it....

From Stanford University

news.stanford.edu

news.stanford.edu
news.stanford.edu

I use a N95 mask and a normal mask as well. What people don't understand is, a real N95 Mask (3M Trademark) filters out over 95% of all particles of 2.5 microns or smaller. And it does it with a very small package. The finer the filter, the more restrictive it will be to breath though. Not everyone should or can wear a real N95 mask. A real N95 Mask uses a multilayered Carbon Filter (usually 3 or 4 deep) and the real name for them is M2.5.

I see these ads where they claim to sell you a real N95 mask. it's a hoax. Mine were a bit expensive but since I worked in the Military in the NBC field for a couple of years, I understand what to watch for. What I see trying to be passed off as a N95 or using a M2.5 filter are nothing more than multilayered cotton masks that, at best, go down to 3.0 microns. The size of the Corona Virus is 2.5 and smaller. It takes a mask with the M2.5 Carbon Filters to work. Or you can have an Army Surplus Gas Mask with new filters which also do it. And even that won't totally protect you.

You want total protection? Try a full blown Military Chem Suit. I hear a NASA issued Space Suit works pretty well.

From Stanford University

news.stanford.edu

news.stanford.edu
news.stanford.edu

I use a N95 mask and a normal mask as well. What people don't understand is, a real N95 Mask (3M Trademark) filters out over 95% of all particles of 2.5 microns or smaller. And it does it with a very small package. The finer the filter, the more restrictive it will be to breath though. Not everyone should or can wear a real N95 mask. A real N95 Mask uses a multilayered Carbon Filter (usually 3 or 4 deep) and the real name for them is M2.5.

I see these ads where they claim to sell you a real N95 mask. it's a hoax. Mine were a bit expensive but since I worked in the Military in the NBC field for a couple of years, I understand what to watch for. What I see trying to be passed off as a N95 or using a M2.5 filter are nothing more than multilayered cotton masks that, at best, go down to 3.0 microns. The size of the Corona Virus is 2.5 and smaller. It takes a mask with the M2.5 Carbon Filters to work. Or you can have an Army Surplus Gas Mask with new filters which also do it. And even that won't totally protect you.

You want total protection? Try a full blown Military Chem Suit. I hear a NASA issued Space Suit works pretty well.
Are you aware your N95 mask is only good for a number of hours then it is clogged with all sorts of stuff including viruses then the mask itself is a source of infection.

I just finished a 40 mile bike ride, you didn't do shit so wear your mask and die, I will pass you on my way

There are elderly people who clearly struggle to breathe with them on. The local Ace hardware I go to likes to hire old retired guys. A couple of them had to quit because they struggled to breathe with masks on. To me they are just annoying and hot but to others they cause real problems.
They are annoying, hot, they compromise my vision due to my glasses and they restrict breathing.
Worse of all they are not necessary for the vast majority of the population.
Try telling that to the cadre of authoritarian governors that just love ordering the citizenry around.

They are annoying, hot, they compromise my vision due to my glasses and they restrict breathing.
Worse of all they are not necessary for the vast majority of the population.
Try telling that to the cadre of authoritarian governors that just love ordering the citizenry around.
They are not just annoying they can cause COPD and or be fatal

Thankfully, nobody needs to wear such a mask unless you're intentionally working close to infected people.

For regular people in day-to-day life, the normal cloth mask is sufficient to reduce your chance of infecting other people indoors, and to be courteous to strangers.
On the other hand, I sometimes see people outdoors wearing them in uncrowded setting.. really lame.

From Stanford University

news.stanford.edu

news.stanford.edu
news.stanford.edu

Them why aren't doctors, scientists, and even construction workers and painters dropping dead in windrows? They wear n95 masks all day long.

Your fake news is fake.

From Stanford University

news.stanford.edu

news.stanford.edu
news.stanford.edu

Even surgical masks reduce the amount of oxygen that reaches you, but if you use good sense and avoid strenuous activities while wearing a mask, you should have no problems. Studies have shown that masks can reduce the likelihood you will become infected by as much as 65%, so if you use good sense, it is a worthwhile tradeoff.

Forum List

Back