Zone1 St Alphonsus Liguori on how a heretic cannot be pope

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

I'm not familiar with this site but it's a good one for protestants who want to understand... OK, wait.. I THINK it is a good place for protestants to learn about the TRUE Catholic position on various issues.

--

*"In addition, [by this Our Constitution, which is to remain valid in perpetuity We enact, determine, decree and define] that if ever at any time it shall appear that any Bishop, even if he be acting as an Archbishop, Patriarch or Primate; or any Cardinal of the aforesaid Roman Church, or, as has already been mentioned, any legate, or even the Roman Pontiff, prior to his promotion or his elevation as Cardinal or Roman Pontiff, has deviated from the Catholic Faith or fallen into some heresy:
(i) the promotion or elevation, even if it shall have been uncontested and by the unanimous assent of all the Cardinals, shall be null, void and worthless..."
Cum ex Apostolatus Officio - Apostolic Constitution of Pope Paul IV, 1559

--

*"Now when [the Pope] is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See."
St. Francis de Sales, "The Catholic Controversy" (16th century)

Last edited:
  • Banned
LOL....They should fight it out with broadswords and put it on pay-per-view. ;)
The battle is being fought without swords (material ones, that is)

I'm thankful for the knowledge God has given me on this. It is obviously of great importance what is happening in Christ's Church. And of course, there is only ONE of those.

Protestants have no claim since none of their "churches" began until 1521 and once begun, they all disagreed w/ one another and chaos ensued big time... hardly surprising.

Today we have 60,000 or more different Christian denoms

Forum List

Back