Soul and afterlife

Can we get the TL;DR version ... and keep it simple, it shouldn't be that hard ...
I stopped listening after he said that bodies long dead (buried, cremated, dismembered, etc.) will be resurrected and reunited with their souls. That seems to be the gist of it.

It's what the Pharisees believed, which was counter to what Jesus and St. Paul taught. I prefer the Christian version of resurrection because that makes the death of Adam more believable.

If you prefer the Christian or Muslim view so be it. I am sharing the Jewish view.

If you prefer the Christian or Muslim view so be it. I am sharing the Jewish view.
I say I prefer another view because of that contradiction in this rabbi's view.

How come after the day Adam died, he was still walking around and eating and drinking? He must not have died in body. I don't think this rabbi is consistent. Shouldn't new life be in the Creator and not in the created? Besides, what's the point of a soul and body being separated only to be reunited?

Soul and body being seperated and reunited is natural because God created both.

Soul and body being seperated and reunited is natural because God created both.
What if you’re totally deformed and don’t want to go back to an awful body and existence?
When the soul is reunited with a body in eternity, it will be a perfect and eternal body. Old things will pass away, behold all things will become new. Deformity is the inherent result of sin presently prevalent throughout creation.

Why soul and body separate? Then reunite?

Unlike the spirit, the soul is not a result of direct creation. Genesis says that God took dust first, then His Spirit. No soul. This is how creation happened. Then, after unifying the two, that is only later, as a second step, separately, man became a living soul.

And this is the core of the problem of the soul in the afterlife. The soul is then an artifact. And this artifact doesn't disappear when spirit and body part at death. Like a badly written computer program. The memory usage doesn't get freed when the program exits.

This is called memory leakage, and hackers use it all the time to install viruses.

Satan is such a virus. It is easier to understand the soul if you know a little computer science. What Judaism and Christianity try to do frantically, is to patch up this software bug, so that the soul does get freed and so no viruses can be installed into it.

Man was created in GOD's image. Does that mean that GOD looks like man? NO, GOD is a Spirit. HOWEVER, God has over the course of time revealed HIMSELF to be a perfect union of three perfect beings as one essence "GOD"--- also called the GODHEAD. Those three beings are God the FATHER, God the SON and God the HOLY SPIRIT (also know as the COMFORTER).

GOD then designs Man as triune. Man is Body, Soul, and Spirit. Actually, it maybe better to say that man is Soul, Spirit, and Body. Presently, the body is that part that is material/visible. The body now is in the process of decay and dies due to sin. Our Soul is that part that possess our personality and is eternal. Our spirit is our motivation ---- what drives us to do what we do, whether for good or for evil. When sin entered into the world, evil became the motivating force. Satan took charge of Adam and Eve, and they spiritually died immediately ---- separated from GOD. It was only through GOD's promise to crush the serpent's head that GOD was making a promise of redemption to reclaim the soul of man who was now under bondage to his spirit and confined to a dying body.

Unlike fallen man, JESUS had a body, soul and spirit that were entirely without sin and possessed entirely of GOD. It is also interesting to note that JESUS/Messiah/CHRIST is the being of the GODHEAD that apparently appears over and over throughout the Old Testament. It is HE who assumes a "material" form to Adam, Abraham, Jacob, etc., and becomes a baby in a manger in Bethlehem of Judea. And when JESUS want to the cross, HE wasn't killed, HE allowed HIS death to occur. JESUS said, "Father, into Thy hands do I commend My spirit." He GAVE up the ghost and later Jesus reclaimed it and arose from the dead.

When an individual becomes saved/born-again, his spirit come once again under GOD's motivation: however, because sin is still in charge over the earth, a saved individual can drift back and forth between what motivates him to a degree. BUT in fact a save individual's soul is now under the protection of the HOLY SPIRIT, and when the body dies, such an individual's soul goes to be with the LORD. It will remain there until GOD reunites it with a recreated perfect body, and the HOLY SPIRIT totally indwells that individual forever.

Last edited:
Man was created in GOD's image. Does that mean that GOD looks like man? NO, GOD is a Spirit. HOWEVER, God has over the course of time revealed HIMSELF to be a perfect union of three perfect beings as one essence "GOD"--- also called the GODHEAD. Those three beings are God the FATHER, God the SON and God the HOLY SPIRIT (also know as the COMFORTER).

GOD then designs Man as triune. Man is Body, Soul, and Spirit. Actually, it maybe better to say that man is Soul, Spirit, and Body. Presently, the body is that part that is material/visible. The body now is in the process of decay and dies due to sin. Our Soul is that part that possess our personality and is eternal. Our spirit is our motivation ---- what drives us to do what we do, whether for good or for evil. When sin entered into the world, evil became the motivating force. Satan took charge of Adam and Eve, and they spiritually died immediately ---- separated from GOD. It was only through GOD's promise to crush the serpent's head that GOD was making a promise of redemption to reclaim the soul of man who was now under bondage to his spirit and confined to a dying body.

Unlike fallen man, JESUS had a body, soul and spirit that were entirely without sin and possessed entirely of GOD. It is also interesting to note that JESUS/Messiah/CHRIST is the being of the GODHEAD that apparently appears over and over throughout the Old Testament. It is HE who assumes a "material" form to Adam, Abraham, Jacob, etc., and becomes a baby in a manger in Bethlehem of Judea. And when JESUS want to the cross, HE wasn't killed, HE allowed HIS death to occur. JESUS said, "Father, into Thy hands do I commend My spirit." He GAVE up the ghost and later Jesus reclaimed it and arose from the dead.

When an individual becomes saved/born-again, his spirit come once again under GOD's motivation: however, because sin is still in charge over the earth, a saved individual can drift back and forth between what motivates him to a degree. BUT in fact a save individual's soul is now under the protection of the HOLY SPIRIT, and when the body dies, such an individual's soul goes to be with the LORD. It will remain there until GOD reunites it with a recreated perfect body, and the HOLY SPIRIT totally indwells that individual forever.

There is one little problem though. Crafts of the devil, such as hypnosis and the occult can put the soul back into its broken state, whether that individual wants it or not. How do you protect a saved soul from becoming a constant target for destruction? Schizophrenia, autism, meningitis, and many other physical and mental illnesses manifest this problem.

There is one little problem though. Crafts of the devil, such as hypnosis and the occult can put the soul back into its broken state, whether that individual wants it or not. How do you protect a saved soul from becoming a constant target for destruction? Schizophrenia, autism, meningitis, and many other physical and mental illnesses manifest this problem.
Crafts of the devil can ruin a saved individual's testimony, if one is a willing participant. Eventually any sin (mine, yours, societies, etc.) will spoil the body and then comes death. However, the devil cannot take salvation away. GOD hates divorce, and this is why. Salvation is like marriage. Divorce is not an option with GOD. One may lose rewards in heaven, fall into hard times, get sick and die because that child of GOD is rebellious. However, one who is really saved cannot lose his salvation. That in no way means that any saved individual who experiences problems is being bad ---- for ALL have sinned and the wages of sin is death. We ALL will die someway, somehow. Old age isn't pleasant for most people --- if anyone. It is inevitable, unless one dies young! What did JESUS say to the one thief on the cross. "Today, you shall be with ME in paradise." What did that thief do? Why he REPENTED and it was revealed to this thief somehow that JESUS had done NOTHING WRONG. He realized that JESUS was GOD at that moment. The other thief would not believe! He insulted JESUS over and over. That thief died in his sins and bore the eternal punishment himself. Both just as guilty and yet one repented and one would not. That is what separated them.

Deformed and retarded kids were made by god in his own image?
The last shall be first can be applied to more than one area of GOD's plan. The lame shall walk, the blind shall see, the slow will be very intelligent, and that which is crooked shall be made straight. Presently, the devil causes deformity and all sorts of issues as an evil artist might attempt to deface and defame and show contempt for the LORD.

From the Jewish view.

Ancient Jews believed in reincarnation. They've believed that souls resurrected into another body if God isn't finished with them.
But God does mentions about the dross that is left behind.
But they do believe in the afterlife, but they've believed that it will be here on earth for eternally. .

Matthew 16:14
They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

Matthew 22:28

Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

Ezekiel 22:18
“Son of man, the people of Israel have become dross to me; all of them are the copper, tin, iron and lead left inside a furnace. They are but the dross of silver.

no soul .....I have a thread on it somewhere
no afterlife
I believe that dreams and nightmares are glimpses of these realms. Because our souls don't needs to rest. But only get a feeling of relief as a substitute for rest.
But I believe that our souls wanders into different realms while the body is resting.
And hell will be a place where a soul's emotions are amplified to the max, that a soul will not have any control of their emotions. It will be worst than having bipolar. But only having these feelings of negative emotions, twenty four seven. Reaping what they have created here on earth.

Forum List

Back