mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I wonder how the left will try to twist this one:
635956905908356610-AX193-7C07-9.JPG

Pope has good news for divorced, but not for gays

ROME — Pope Francis released a document Friday that paves the way for new integration into the Roman Catholic Church for divorced Catholics, but does little to soften the church’s strict views on hot-button topics like gay marriage, abortion and contraception.

ROME — Pope Francis released a document Friday that paves the way for new integration into the Roman Catholic Church for divorced Catholics, but does little to soften the church’s strict views on hot-button topics like gay marriage, abortion and contraception.

Only complete fanatics are against contraception. For one thing more contraception would at least help to reduce unwanted pregnancies and thus help reduce abortion being used as a means of contraception.

I am not a fan of Francis in general, he's the reason why I left the Roman Church and became Orthodox Christian....also I can have two Easters meaning more chocolate Easter Eggs for me :smoke:

I thought that the right was supposed to ignore everything this Pope says because he's some kind of uber leftist. Guess it's back to the status quo, where they pick and choose what messages they want to hear. If that happens to include the continued opposition to gay marriage and abortion, that's great and heed must be given. If the message says something about the poor or war or social injustice, why then he's a commie and must be ignored.

I wouldn't expect him to endorse either

In the meantime he needs to endorse birth control, divorce, celibacy and women priests

will that stop you from toe tapping with a wide stance in men's bathroom stalls at airports?

It wasn't like he was nonchalant in his opposition to "gay marriage". Here's what Pope Francais said.

There had been hope among some Catholics that the pontiff might overhaul its position on gay marriage, but the large document that ends with the hand-written signature of “Franciscus” — the pope’s Latin name — made it clear that would not happen. It said there are “absolutely no grounds for considering homosexual unions to be in any way similar … to God’s plan for marriage and family.”

So there you have it Catholics. Play by the rules or pay the Big Price. (Jude 1, New Testament)...

Well I agree with the Pope on somethings- and disagree with him on other things.

For the most part I agree with him.

How about you?

It wasn't like he was nonchalant in his opposition to "gay marriage". Here's what Pope Francais said.

There had been hope among some Catholics that the pontiff might overhaul its position on gay marriage, but the large document that ends with the hand-written signature of “Franciscus” — the pope’s Latin name — made it clear that would not happen. It said there are “absolutely no grounds for considering homosexual unions to be in any way similar … to God’s plan for marriage and family.”

So there you have it Catholics. Play by the rules or pay the Big Price. (Jude 1, New Testament)...

Where does he say that?

The 256-page document — known as an apostolic exhortation and titled “Amoris Laetitia,” Latin for “The Joy of Love” — calls for priests to welcome single parents, gay people and unmarried straight couples who are living together.

“A pastor cannot feel that it is enough to simply apply moral laws to those living in ‘irregular’ situations, as if they were stones to throw at people’s lives,” he wrote.

The Pope doesn't support gay marriage!? Stop the fucking presses! lol

Next you're going to tell me he doesn't support abortion.

Well I agree with the Pope on somethings- and disagree with him on other things.

How about you?
I've always liked him.

I (personally) do not agree with divorce. Shoot, I see young people getting married today and I swear that many of those young folks get married with the intention of getting divorced down the line. My Mother and Father were married 55 years. My Grandparents were married 61 years. My Wife and I have been married 47 years.

You either commit - or you don't.

As for the gays - the Pope is correct. Is goes DIRECTLY in opposition to the Bible. Folks don't like it - I'm sorry, take it up with the Authors of the Bible.

How about you?
I've always liked him.

You rather dodged the question there.

I too like him.

Do you agree with him for the most part?

I don't have a bit of use for the poop. If he knew anything of God, he would know that divorce leads directly to adultery, if it isn't what caused the divorce.

This is the poop trying to bring people and their money back into the church.

the Big Price? Purgatory? Never seen it mentioned in the Bible, it's a made up poop story.

How about you?
I think he serves the anti-Christ. I think all poop's have since the birth of the Roman Catholic church.

Catholics have been played for fools, and many of them gonna wake up in Hell because of it. But, that's exactly what satan wants. and they to stupid to do any actual searching of the Scriptures themselves.

Good news for them though, all those poops will be right there burning beside of them.

In the meantime he needs to endorse birth control, divorce, celibacy and women priests
Well, what if he doesn't?

While you're at it, why don't you start forcing Muslims to eat pork.
The best thing about a true follower of the teachings of Christ. They believe in informing people, but not forcing people. Christ would never force Himself on anyone. That would be taking away God's greatest gift to humans, the gift of freewill.

Well, what if he doesn't?

While you're at it, why don't you start forcing Muslims to eat pork.
Catholics are starting to move into the
20th century
God doesn't change, He hasn't changed in a hundred billion years, and then some, so why should His word change? We might interpret His word differently, but His word is exactly the same.

Forum List

Back