Sorry GOP - Inflation stabilizing, deflation starting

it went well into 2010 and the rate didn’t start to drop until after the gop sweep the midterms

The recession ended in June of 2009.

UE peaked in Oct 2009 at 10%, it was down to 8.5% before the GOP took over.

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts

Nobody has done that. That claim is just batshit crazy, even for Incel Joe levels of batshit crazy.

Being a single incel, who is not man enough to do a real man's work, that involves hauling hundreds of pounds of tools to a distant construction site every day, there is no rational reason for anyone to expect that you would understand why a crappy Japanese subcompact isn't a suitable vehicle for many people, or why massively-rising fuel prices are a very real issue for many of us who legitimately need to drive significant distances for work, in vehicles suitable enough to carry our tools and to handle the terrain conditions on a construction site.

You're out of touch with anyone who's not a lazy, parasitic incel.
Incels vote 94% republican. Check the mirror.

NormeisMemen.jpg

Inflation is stabilizing and many indicators suggests we may actually see disinflation. I see it daily in my business. For those of you who believe in a free market capitalist economy this is how it works. Supply has increased with pandemic disruptions mostly behind us and higher prices from greedy corporations has driven demand lower. We are about to see a pricing pullback. Buckle up. Likely lead to a clean democratic sweep this fall of prices moderate.

1. Falling freight rates
  2. Falling commodity prices - worst quarter since Great Recession
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs
  5. Rising retail inventories

For over a year now, we’ve seen inflation rise relentlessly. Price rises have lowered real wages for most workers, driven popular anger, and threatened economic stability. But there are finally indications that the tide is turning. In March, financial markets were predicting an annualized inflation rate of around 3.5% over the next five years; now, that number is down to 2.6%.

And expectations for inflation over the following five years, which had spiked up during the initial phase of the Ukraine war, have plunged back toward the Fed’s official 2% inflation target:

So markets think prices are going to cool down. That’s good in and of itself, because it means we’re in less danger of the sort of expectations-driven spiral that can lead to truly devastating hyperinflation. Markets have not yet lost confidence in the Fed. But this doesn’t mean we’re out of the woods, since markets are actually pretty bad at predicting future inflation.
Thanks, and you're right! Why even as early as last year I saved 16 cents on my hotdog!

Uh...deflation is not a good thing. There's another word for it, you know. Recession.
When prices spike up… falling back to normalized levels is a good thing. Lower discretionary spending causes a recession not prices.

A majority of people in Biden’s own party are saying that things are headed in the wrong direction.
The effect of inflation on personal finances crosses the political spectrum. So too does assigning blame to whomever is sitting in the Oval Office whether it's warranted or not.

agreed…obama and the dems gave us double digit UE with their mishandling or a recession.
You know the economy went over the cliff under Bush....

You measure Unemployment on what did he get it at and what did he give it back at...
around 2010 when we had double digit UE
That was before Obama policies could take effect... Are seriously trying to blame that recession on Obama...

The financial crisis was under Bush, the fall out fell on Obama and Obama then wen into a record period of Job Growth...
Republicans don't speak about Obama and Job growth because Obama was the President for Jobs...

BTW, Trump had a loss of Jobs, he handed back the country financially in far worse state than he got it...He over heated the economy and crashed it into a ditch...

Layoffs already happening here in our Dem run blue state.
Perversely, that is what the Fed wants. It sees inflation as an existential threat and will do anything it can to stop it including causing a recession.

I hope things improve, we are making less money than last year because of inflation, and I think we will see some layoffs and a possible recession but the inflation slowing down will help with budgets of families.

The effect of inflation on personal finances crosses the political spectrum. So too does assigning blame to whomever is sitting in the Oval Office whether it's warranted or not.

/———/ democRATs never gave Trump credit for the good times, and blames anyone but Joe for the bad times.

Inflation is stabilizing and many indicators suggests we may actually see disinflation. I see it daily in my business. For those of you who believe in a free market capitalist economy this is how it works. Supply has increased with pandemic disruptions mostly behind us and higher prices from greedy corporations has driven demand lower. We are about to see a pricing pullback. Buckle up. Likely lead to a clean democratic sweep this fall of prices moderate.

1. Falling freight rates
  2. Falling commodity prices - worst quarter since Great Recession
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs
  5. Rising retail inventories

For over a year now, we’ve seen inflation rise relentlessly. Price rises have lowered real wages for most workers, driven popular anger, and threatened economic stability. But there are finally indications that the tide is turning. In March, financial markets were predicting an annualized inflation rate of around 3.5% over the next five years; now, that number is down to 2.6%.

And expectations for inflation over the following five years, which had spiked up during the initial phase of the Ukraine war, have plunged back toward the Fed’s official 2% inflation target:

So markets think prices are going to cool down. That’s good in and of itself, because it means we’re in less danger of the sort of expectations-driven spiral that can lead to truly devastating hyperinflation. Markets have not yet lost confidence in the Fed. But this doesn’t mean we’re out of the woods, since markets are actually pretty bad at predicting future inflation.

Forum List

Back