Sorry GOP - Inflation stabilizing, deflation starting

Or, people will realize what they did in 2012 and 1996. The Democrats might not be perfect, but the Republicans are crazy!

Last I checked, it was not the Republicans who openly supported insane and depraved sexual perversions such as homosexuality, transsexuality, and now pedophilia. It's not Republicans that cooked up a huge fake crisis out of a routine cold/flu outbreak, and used it as an excuse to seize and abuse unprecedented and unjustifiable powers over us, and to deliberately and maliciously sabotage the economy. It's not Republicans that have treasonously left our borders wide open for our country to be invaded by foreign criminals. It's not Republicans that are enacting policies that allow dangerous criminals to go free, while depriving human beings of the tools to defend ourselves against these criminals. It's not Republicans that were encouraging and cheering on the mobs of violent, destructible subhuman “Black LIES Matter animals as they rioted and looted.

Crazy is as crazy does.

I think it's absolutely clear to most people, which is the party of crazy.

that’s silly…republicans do everything to avoid recessions…that’s why we don’t vote dembot
There is really no room for doubt that Russia’s war on Ukraine raised the retail price of a gallon of gasoline by at least a dollar in the U.S. (and much more in Europe). But expensive energy is far more problematic for industry, transportation, and farming (and therefore for consumers) than the mere “price at the pump.”
APRIL 6, 2022 11:04AM

Your side just turned half the population into unwilling breeding machines. When that starts to sink in, you are going to find that November isn't going to be as fun for you as you thought.

Nobody has done that. That claim is just batshit crazy, even for Incel Joe levels of batshit crazy.

I don't see people rushing out to turn their gas guzzling SUV's in for fuel efficient cars.. that's why I don't take all this caterwauling about gas prices seriously. Fuel costs are still only 3% of a household budget.

Being a single incel, who is not man enough to do a real man's work, that involves hauling hundreds of pounds of tools to a distant construction site every day, there is no rational reason for anyone to expect that you would understand why a crappy Japanese subcompact isn't a suitable vehicle for many people, or why massively-rising fuel prices are a very real issue for many of us who legitimately need to drive significant distances for work, in vehicles suitable enough to carry our tools and to handle the terrain conditions on a construction site.

You're out of touch with anyone who's not a lazy, parasitic incel.

My concern is that in the past, the Fed has tried to fight inflation by encouraging unemployment. I'm just not sure if this 1980's policy will work in the 2020's.

First, because of the mass retirement of boomers, we just don't have a deep pool of excess labor. Yesterday, I was talking to a recruiter through my resume business, and she admitted that when one Boomer retires, they have to hire two millennials to make up for the skill loss, and they demand ridiculous amounts of money for a scant amount of experience, and employers end up giving it to them.

Secondly, because such model assume manufacturing is a bigger part of the labor pool than it is. Between automation and outsourcing, there just aren't as many people who work at factories anymore.
Did you just say we don't have a massive pool of excess labor???
Holy Shit

Mormon Bob, I'd LOVE to have my life from 2016 back. I'd love to have my life from 2000 back.

I'm actually kind of living my best life now, though. Never made as much money as I am now, never lived in a nicer place.

Good points, all.

I think what you saw with Covid (aka Trump Plague) is a shift in the economy. Services declined. Goods increased.

A lot of people realized that it was better to have one parent stay at home rather than work for a job where your salary barely covered child care. Especially if the parent who kept working saw a raise for staying at work.
You posted a gem:

A lot of people realized that it was better to have one parent stay at home rather than work for a job where your salary barely covered child care. Especially if the parent who kept working saw a raise for staying at work.

I think everyone knows someone who fits that description. And the progressives wanted to give people money to stay home, rather than making after school and day care cheaper. And now it costs more to drive to work.

Clinton and Obama inherited recessions and got us out of them.

Biden inherited a not quite recession, but pretty damned close with 6% unemployment when he got in.
Clinton got us in one, in fact Bush Jr inherited the Clinton recession.

Obama and the Dems drove us to the edge of a second great depression...the GOP Congress helped get us out of the double digit UE that the Dems gave us

There is really no room for doubt that Russia’s war on Ukraine raised the retail price of a gallon of gasoline by at least a dollar in the U.S. (and much more in Europe). But expensive energy is far more problematic for industry, transportation, and farming (and therefore for consumers) than the mere “price at the pump.”
APRIL 6, 2022 11:04AM
Cool...it certainly didnt help...but Xiden's and the Dems already had us way high before the war

Again, the problem in 2000 was that a lot of companies that felt they were overpaying the wage slaves through the good times in the 1990's laid people off to turn around and hire cheaper help.

My distrust of the Investor Class is that those bastards WOULD try to do that if they thought they could get away with it. But again, we are in uncharted territory here with labor shortages baked into the pie. Finding quality help has been a struggle, and a lot of workers are still wary because of the bad behavior of employers during Covid.

I liken Covid to a Zombie movie. When the Zombies attack, you always find out who the assholes are.
I'm not sure I entirely understood your post, but I'd be willing to bet if I had extra money that McConnell will enact a tax cut for the top 1% and the .1% (who don't pay taxes now) to cure inflation and boost growth.

Republican are praying to keep inflation sky high for the midterms.

That is all they can do, pray for everything.

Clinton got us in one, in fact Bush Jr inherited the Clinton recession.

Obama and the Dems drove us to the edge of a second great depression...the GOP Congress helped get us out of the double digit UE that the Dems gave us
Boy that recession in 1999-2000 was a Bitch

Inflation is stabilizing and many indicators suggests we may actually see disinflation. I see it daily in my business. For those of you who believe in a free market capitalist economy this is how it works. Supply has increased with pandemic disruptions mostly behind us and higher prices from greedy corporations has driven demand lower. We are about to see a pricing pullback. Buckle up. Likely lead to a clean democratic sweep this fall of prices moderate.

1. Falling freight rates
  2. Falling commodity prices - worst quarter since Great Recession
  3. Easing rents
  4. Cheaper GPUs
  5. Rising retail inventories

For over a year now, we’ve seen inflation rise relentlessly. Price rises have lowered real wages for most workers, driven popular anger, and threatened economic stability. But there are finally indications that the tide is turning. In March, financial markets were predicting an annualized inflation rate of around 3.5% over the next five years; now, that number is down to 2.6%.

And expectations for inflation over the following five years, which had spiked up during the initial phase of the Ukraine war, have plunged back toward the Fed’s official 2% inflation target:

So markets think prices are going to cool down. That’s good in and of itself, because it means we’re in less danger of the sort of expectations-driven spiral that can lead to truly devastating hyperinflation. Markets have not yet lost confidence in the Fed. But this doesn’t mean we’re out of the woods, since markets are actually pretty bad at predicting future inflation.
Now that everything is outrageously expensive, they can not devalue everything we have to finish us all off.

Nice.

Layoffs already being talked of in my neck of the woods:

They will have a job the following morning...

There is a massive labour shortage... Companies are struggling to get workers...

The truth of this is there is supply chain problem and a labour shortage..

The economy has not settled after the COVID and there is a lot of speculation on commodies especially Oil..

None of this Biden can do much about especially with Filler-buster in the Senate..

Biden best shot is go on TV tell everyone what he is doing and what he would like to do but the GOP is blocking them... Ask them to write to their senators to change their mind... Push the problems on tot the GOP Senate..

They will have a job the following morning...

There is a massive labour shortage... Companies are struggling to get workers...

The truth of this is there is supply chain problem and a labour shortage..

The economy has not settled after the COVID and there is a lot of speculation on commodies especially Oil..

None of this Biden can do much about especially with Filler-buster in the Senate..

Biden best shot is go on TV tell everyone what he is doing and what he would like to do but the GOP is blocking them... Ask them to write to their senators to change their mind... Push the problems on tot the GOP Senate..
poor xiden…can’t do anything

what is it that the gop is blocking?

My concern is that in the past, the Fed has tried to fight inflation by encouraging unemployment. I'm just not sure if this 1980's policy will work in the 2020's.

First, because of the mass retirement of boomers, we just don't have a deep pool of excess labor. Yesterday, I was talking to a recruiter through my resume business, and she admitted that when one Boomer retires, they have to hire two millennials to make up for the skill loss, and they demand ridiculous amounts of money for a scant amount of experience, and employers end up giving it to them.

Secondly, because such model assume manufacturing is a bigger part of the labor pool than it is. Between automation and outsourcing, there just aren't as many people who work at factories anymore.
The Boomers were the last educated generation at a higher percentage. Twice the size as Gen X who were educated also.

Forum List

Back