Something all USMB members should agree on.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
There are Americans who sometimes have to choose between food or medicine to survive, and I don't care who you are , that ain't right. Especially when our millionaire lawmakers could do something about it but they don't, as we saw with Obamafail care, but they expect us to pay for their free ride ?
1610477489175.png

Membership in the U.S. Congress is an exclusive club that comes with lucrative, taxpayer-funded privileges. Retirement perks include a lifetime pension and a taxpayer-matched savings plan with taxpayer-paid contributions of up to five percent of salary.

As the longest-serving member of Congress, Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) would qualify for a yearly pension of $167,040 if he retired today. Former speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) was eligible to draw a $84,930 pension when he turned 50 in January after serving for twenty years and retiring at age 48.

Critics question the necessity of such a system. Why are U.S. taxpayers providing public pensions to millionaire members of Congress on top of a 401(k)-style plan? (The median net worth for a member recently exceeded $1.1 million.)

There are Americans who sometimes have to choose between food or medicine to survive, and I don't care who you are , that ain't right. Especially when our millionaire lawmakers could do something about it but they don't, as we saw with Obamafail care, but they expect us to pay for their free ride ?View attachment 441788

Membership in the U.S. Congress is an exclusive club that comes with lucrative, taxpayer-funded privileges. Retirement perks include a lifetime pension and a taxpayer-matched savings plan with taxpayer-paid contributions of up to five percent of salary.

As the longest-serving member of Congress, Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) would qualify for a yearly pension of $167,040 if he retired today. Former speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) was eligible to draw a $84,930 pension when he turned 50 in January after serving for twenty years and retiring at age 48.

Critics question the necessity of such a system. Why are U.S. taxpayers providing public pensions to millionaire members of Congress on top of a 401(k)-style plan? (The median net worth for a member recently exceeded $1.1 million.)
Many people are on the ACA.

I'm not saying the aca hasn't helped some people -- but going back to where it should have been made universal healthcare in the 90's - the big pharma and insurance lobbies crushed it.

Obamacare put a bandaid on a gaping wound-- it should be a single pay system-- part of the reason I voted for (first Bernie until the DNC cheated ) then Jill Stein in 2016.

That “exclusive club” includes over two million Federal Employees who get identical benefits. It’s called FERS

There are Americans who sometimes have to choose between food or medicine to survive, and I don't care who you are , that ain't right. Especially when our millionaire lawmakers could do something about it but they don't, as we saw with Obamafail care, but they expect us to pay for their free ride ?View attachment 441788

Problem is, only Congress can change any of that.

Yup. It's grown more popular every year.
Azzhat Trump said that healthcare was easy.
Then never did a damn thing about it.
God, I hope someone can get his ass out of the OO this week.

In looking at the federal employed numbers by location outside of the Capital area, the ten states with the largest number of federal employees are:

1. California – 172,553
2. Virginia – 155,682
3. Maryland – 149,673
4. Texas – 148,453
5. Florida – 99,212
6. Georgia – 80,042
7. New York – 68,579
8. Pennsylvania – 68,300
9. Washington – 60,250
10. Ohio – 54,483

This is what happens when you let employees vote on their own compensation.

And why on Earth would I agree with that?
Actually - a step further a-- a small tax on all capital gains -- not necessarily publicly-traded transactions.

However, in the long term, we primarily need to fix the underlying problems. With healthcare, we need to focus on getting healthy and preventing diseases, and forbidding large pharmaceutical companies to 'buy up the cures' and sell us drugs that clearly make us sicker.

In economics we need our manufacturing base back and instead of letting the CEO's shut down companies, we move in and help the LOCAL banks form Co-Op's where all the workers have a say and interest in the company.

Actually - a step further a-- a small tax on all capital gains -- not necessarily publicly-traded transactions.

However, in the long term, we primarily need to fix the underlying problems. With healthcare, we need to focus on getting healthy and preventing diseases, and forbidding large pharmaceutical companies to 'buy up the cures' and sell us drugs that clearly make us sicker.

In economics we need our manufacturing base back and instead of letting the CEO's shut down companies, we move in and help the LOCAL banks form Co-Op's where all the workers have a say and interest in the company.
/——-/ We already have taxes on capital gains. Either you live under a rock or don’t invest.

I'm not saying the aca hasn't helped some people -- but going back to where it should have been made universal healthcare in the 90's - the big pharma and insurance lobbies crushed it.

I will literally DIE before I accept a Government run, Government funded or Single-payer medical system.

And again I ask you, for what possible reason would I agree to any new taxes?

/——-/ We already have taxes on capital gains. Either you live under a rock or don’t invest.
Tax loopholes for capital gains are why we have 2000 billionaires , when that phrase would have been unheard of just 30 years ago.

Go watch Wall Street (1987)
Gekko was "filthy rich " at $650 million .

Ahhh, so you think being a billionaire is a bad thing, and that taxes should prevent anyone from becoming one. Got it.

And did you really just tell us that the source you're citing is a fucking MOVIE?!

Forum List

Back