Someone please explain the logic of what God is doing because I don't get it

From all the religions that have existed on the planet created by humans I have found that the Buddhist have the closest to a real religion of human aspect which is not supplanted with a cast of characters and focuses on the real reason why humans suffer or live in harmony.
Correct. Easy to understand.

“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.”

― Terry Pratchett, Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
The world's best satire, second only to Hitchhikers.

God created the universe, put human beings on Earth, and then each of us lives a short life mostly consisting of struggling to survive and suffering, then we die.

Some of us go to heaven, some of us go to hell, based on criteria no one can agree on.

Some say we go to heaven if we believe Jesus is our Savior.

But what happens to all the unlucky people who never heard of Jesus because they were born before he was born or live in countries where Christianity isn't widespread?

Some people believe we go to heaven if we have faith and avoid sin. But everyone sins, every day. If you die with one mortal sin on your soul, nothing else matters, you go to hell.

The question I have is why did God set up the whole crazy system to begin with?

Why put us on Earth, to suffer and die? Why not put us in heaven right off the bat?

What good is it to send people to hell?

I'm seriously questioning the logic of believing in a God who is all knowing and all loving and yet sends people to hell for sins God knew before they were born they would commit.

I'm not saying I'm ready to throw Christianity out the window.

The alternative doesn't appear good either.

People who don't believe in God and don't fear going to hell have committed most of the world's nastiest deeds. So faith has a purpose.

And I do believe in God because I can't figure out how a universe can exist without something causing it to exist.

But I'm telling you I need someone to explain how God's plan includes all the horrible things that happen every day.
The notion that a just God would create imperfect beings and then punish them eternally for being imperfect, is laughable.
It's not a laughing matter.
The nature of your punishment, is in direct proportion to the use of your time here in the material world. If you get caught up in the details, and the dogma of what the various religions teach, rather than use the discernment which the creator gave you, the angels will become your demons in the hereafter. Only upon having faith, can you ascend the ladder.

The notion that a just God would create imperfect beings and then punish them eternally for being imperfect, is laughable.
It's absurd. That's not what the Bible really says, though.

It's really just about union with God; that's all. The hellfire and brimstone chapter was rewritten by fundamentalists/Puritans/evangelicals.

God created the universe, put human beings on Earth, and then each of us lives a short life mostly consisting of struggling to survive and suffering, then we die.

Some of us go to heaven, some of us go to hell, based on criteria no one can agree on.

But what happens to all the unlucky people who never heard of Jesus because they were born before he was born or live in countries where Christianity isn't widespread?

Some people believe we go to heaven if we have faith and avoid sin. But everyone sins, every day. If you die with one mortal sin on your soul, nothing else matters, you go to hell.

Why put us on Earth, to suffer and die? Why not put us in heaven right off the bat?

I'm seriously questioning the logic of believing in a God who is all knowing and all loving and yet sends people to hell for sins God knew before they were born they would commit.

People who don't believe in God and don't fear going to hell have committed most of the world's nastiest deeds. So faith has a purpose.

And I do believe in God because I can't figure out how a universe can exist without something causing it to exist.

But I'm telling you I need someone to explain how God's plan includes all the horrible things that happen every day.
The nature of your punishment, is in direct proportion to the use of your time here in the material world. If you get caught up in the details, and the dogma of what the various religions teach, rather than use the discernment which the creator gave you, the angels will become your demons in the hereafter. Only upon having faith, can you ascend the ladder.

The Rolling Stones- Sympathy for the Devil

People who don't believe in God and don't fear going to hell have committed most of the world's nastiest deeds.

I totally disagree with your observation. Evil people do not care about anybody but themselves. They are just going to indulge in petty sins that may only affect a few people. Serial killers for example may only kill a dozen people over their life time. The largest scale evil is done by extremely good people who have the intention of forcing that good on to as many people as possible. Both sides of wars are fought by good people. 100% of the soldiers recruited are good people for either following laws or fighting for what they firmly believe is good. Massive evil is always committed by good people. There are no exceptions. I challenge your observation. War cannot be fought without an abundance of good people coordinating together. If all people were evil there could be no war.

Religion is another way to control you and at some point it may occur to you that the god in these "holy books" may be entities pretending to be the God.

Maybe God is just the source of all Consciousness and Energy and we are all connected to it.

I think every person should read the Bible and use its contents to help you manipulate others into building you a beautiful world. Back in the day priests had to kill people to keep the Bible out of their hands. Today people just don't read it. If you read it and the other people do not then you will have the power of popes, kings, prophets, and the magic men of old. Being a pastor is still a lucrative job. That book is kick ass. A person understanding the Bible can control lots of people. I'd pay a million dollars for the capacity to understand it fully. I am confident I'd reap the investment 10 times over. However, with my limited reading comprehension skills I am still better of reading it than not reading it.

Last edited:

The Rolling Stones- Sympathy for the Devil

Indigo Girls - Prince Of Darkness

I don't discuss much relig on these sites but if people really wnt to know about it I refer them to Thomas Aquinas, Chesterton and that is usually it.

Greg

I don't discuss much relig on these sites but if people really wnt to know about it I refer them to Thomas Aquinas, Chesterton and that is usually it.

Greg

Sometimes I warm to the notion of a whole committee of gods “up there”, looking down on us, and playing around with us, as the fancy takes them.

Bad day? I thought you were happy because you found a new love.

“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.”

― Terry Pratchett, Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
The world's best satire, second only to Hitchhikers.

The gods have played a cruel joke on humanity.

There is no "god" as perceived by theists.

Next.

There is no "god" as perceived by theists.

Next.
Thanks for that completely useless statement. It contributes zero value to the discussion at hand.

Today I saw a bunch of homeless people sleeping next to the courthouse.

Should I thank God that I am more fortunate than they are?

If so, then it must be God that made those people homeless.
I saw a homeless guy standing outside a party store in town.

Here's my experience:

"Do you have any spare change?"

"Of course. In case I lose my primary change, I always carry spare."

"Can I have it?"

"Now where would I be if I lose my primary change after giving you my spare change?"

"Well, what are the odds you're gonna lose your primary change anytime soon?"

"I don't know, but hey, shit happens. I could get in an accident on the way home and have to use up my primary change to fix my car."

"Yeah right. You want me to believe you ain't got no insurance?"

"It's really none of your business, but no, I don't."

"Well, I'll tell you what," he said, pulling a cellphone out of his pocket, you give me your spare change and I won't call the cops and tell them that the guy leaving Scott's Party Store in a red Chevy Impala with the license plate number _______ is driving without insurance."

"What the hell, man!! You need my spare change, but you got a fucking cellphone?"

"I stole it."

So I pulled out my cellphone and said, "Well maybe I'll just call the cops and tell them that the homeless-looking guy hanging out in front of Scott's Party Store has a stolen cellphone."

"Go ahead. I'll just take off running for that Walmart across the street and ditch it somewhere inside, but not before calling the cops and reporting that the guy in the red Chevy Impala leaving Scott's Party Store with the license plate number _____ is driving without insurance."

"Fine," I said, reaching into my pocket and pulling out about two dollars in change. "Take it."

"No," he said with an evil little grin, "you keep your spare change. Gimme your primary change. Pull out the wallet."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now see, god gave that guy coping skills to compensate for his circumstances. It all evens out.

Forum List

Back