Someone please explain the logic of what God is doing because I don't get it

God created the universe, put human beings on Earth, and then each of us lives a short life mostly consisting of struggling to survive and suffering, then we die.

Some of us go to heaven, some of us go to hell, based on criteria no one can agree on.

Some say we go to heaven if we believe Jesus is our Savior.

But what happens to all the unlucky people who never heard of Jesus because they were born before he was born or live in countries where Christianity isn't widespread?

Some people believe we go to heaven if we have faith and avoid sin. But everyone sins, every day. If you die with one mortal sin on your soul, nothing else matters, you go to hell.

The question I have is why did God set up the whole crazy system to begin with?

Why put us on Earth, to suffer and die? Why not put us in heaven right off the bat?

What good is it to send people to hell?

I'm seriously questioning the logic of believing in a God who is all knowing and all loving and yet sends people to hell for sins God knew before they were born they would commit.

I'm not saying I'm ready to throw Christianity out the window.

The alternative doesn't appear good either.

People who don't believe in God and don't fear going to hell have committed most of the world's nastiest deeds. So faith has a purpose.

And I do believe in God because I can't figure out how a universe can exist without something causing it to exist.

But I'm telling you I need someone to explain how God's plan includes all the horrible things that happen every day.
The best explanation of God was done here:

I ended my battle with the god delusion in August 1990,
This is wise. Just as it is wise to turn off Lost In Space if one is watching it due to the belief they will learn all about the universe. ;)

Why is it that when people think something is not working (be it religion, computer, or the study of anything) the fault lies not with them and their approach, but with the subject itself.

I believe it was GOD's intent to become like a human. I have always enjoyed trains, and from a child on up I have always enjoyed imagining what it would be like to become small and actually roam around on the little piece of world that I designed and set up. Everything seems so idealistic and perfect in miniature. And when you get on down to eye level, it is almost like you could walk up into the diorama. Now GOD created living things and early on HE walked with Adam in the Garden in the cool of the day. I can not even fathom what that was like, but I realize that both GOD and Adam must have enjoyed the pleasure of each other's company.

However, GOD fully knew that this would change and HE had a plan that would not only reach out to Adam and Eve, but to humans who would only exist as a result of Adam's sin. Not that sex is sinful! But all of Adam's children and decedents came into being after Adam's Fall, and they would as a result be fallen. And as history unfolded, future generations often (if not always) were the end results of various sinful acts. It could be war, violence, fornication, adultery, rape, hate, etc... And so people like you and me would technically have never have existed had Adam and Eve not eaten of the tree which GOD forbade them not to. There would be an entire planet full of different humans.

And so GOD could have intervened and stopped Adam from sinning, or have destroyed everything and restarted all over; however, I fully believe GOD knew of our future existence and wanted to walk along with us --- if we let HIM. But HE knows where out road is leading us. And so, HE stepped in and bore our sins so that we would not have to bear them ourselves forever. This only requires us to hand them over to the MESSIAH as we struggle through this life. If we do not, we ourselves remain separated from GOD. Presently, we live in an imperfect world which has many flaws. But all around there is still GOD's love and people who love GOD are out there. But in HELL, there is only YOU against whatever evil exists there, and once there, there is no assistance, help, or love. It will be misery, torment, and suffering.

I have been in the presence of someone who seems stuck in the past with IF ONLY this, or IF ONLY that, or IF ONLY I listened, or IF ONLY I didn't... It is very disheartening. But think if that is all you had to consider throughout all eternity. But if you don't wish to be with GOD, this is ultimately your only option. Because presently, everything one can do now is somehow the result of God's interaction. GOD allows it, GOD permits it, GOD directs it or encourages it. GOD also excludes somethings or mends and heals things. I wouldn't wish to be where this was not the case...

Forum List

Back