Some inconvenient facts for EV cheerleaders!!

And what of the pollution generated to make an EV vs IC automobile? Then add the pollution generated when both types of vehicles are no longer usable and are discarded. Aren’t these aspects also required to determine which is more polluting?
You’re mechanical knowledge is pretty weak
You don’t seem to know much about the general components of any ICE automobile, let alone an EV vs an ICE vehicle. The pollution generated in maintence alone for an ICE car vs an EV is ridiculously incomparable. EVs can go for years with just tire and owner serviceable minor maintenance like cabin filters and washer fluid replacement . And you want to talk about Lithium ? Hilarious how dumb you bozos are.

Last edited:
And what of the pollution generated to make an EV vs IC automobile? Then add the pollution generated when both types of vehicles are no longer usable and are discarded. Aren’t these aspects also required to determine which is more polluting?
Talk about pollution in making each ?

An EV at most has 20 critical moving parts in the propulsion unit. Compare that to 2000 plus in a standard non turbo charged ICE engine. The energy used to make each is so much different it’s incomparable. It’s like, you bozos forget to that even an ICE car has redundant and complex electrical components to monitor and run the ice engine that an EV doesn’t even need. Hilariously stupid how much you deniers are. Electric variable valve timing components with a bunch of small electric solenoids in most ICE engines is just one example of the complexity, all of which need manufacturing, service and maintenance. The list goes on. All of this shit is bathed and cooled in pollution causing oil with computer controlled electric systems.

EVs are made with many more recyclable parts. Geesus, there is no comparison in the junk yard grave yards of ICE cars to the EVs that will replace them.

^^^^GEESUS…I ask you two simple questions and you go off. You protest too much my friend.

You failed to address the environmental costs incurred in the manufacturing of EV batteries, necessary to make an EV. Could you address this?

EVs are also much heavier than ICE vehicles. They require tires that are more rugged. Thus needing more rubber. Is this factor insignificant?

^^^^GEESUS…I ask you two simple questions and you go off. You protest too much my friend.

You failed to address the environmental costs incurred in the manufacturing of EV batteries, necessary to make an EV. Could you address this?

EVs are also much heavier than ICE vehicles. They require tires that are more rugged. Thus needing more rubber. Is this factor insignificant?

Yes. All of it is insignificant. Making and powering an ICE vehicle ALSO requires environmental costs not the least of which is a 50% increase in atmospheric CO2.

Yes. All of it is insignificant. Making and powering an ICE vehicle ALSO requires environmental costs not the least of which is a 50% increase in atmospheric CO2.
I don’t disagree with the GHG effect of CO2. I disagree with the tripling of that value to arrive at catastrophic predictions like the sea level rise tripling by the end of the decade and a 5C rise in temperature by the end of the century.

And you fail to acknowledge that the production of an ice car is in every way more harmful to the environment. What idiot would prefer to use 6 Kw of electricity to produce a gallonmof gas to burn in a car, to go the same distance an EV can travel in the same 6 Kw. It’s hilariously stupid.

How about the environmental cost of building a much more complex ICE vehicle compared to an EV. How much are you getting paid to pollute the environment ?,.

Lithium battery pollution ? It’s minuscule compared to the 6 billion metric tons from ICE vehicles produced just in the last decade.

Totally insignificant car weight increase because of battery weight. It pales in comparison to pollution produce in the manufacture, use and disposal of ice cars with no where near the recycling content.

Could you address your lack of concern for the manufacture of lithium batteries for all the other uses ? It dwarfs the lithium used in car batteries now . Hilarious. But you’re going to keep using all your lithium power appliances….along with all the lead acid fossil fuel car batteries.

Last edited:
They require tires that are more rugged. Thus needing more rubber. Is this factor insignificant?
Sure they need bigger, more rugged tires. When a car goes 0-60 in 3 seconds, bet your ass you need better tires. You have a problem with that kind of performance.

Sure they need bigger, more rugged tires. When a car goes 0-60 in 3 seconds, bet your ass you need better tires. You have a problem with that kind of performance.
Yes I do. It’s entirely unnecessary.

Could you address your lack of concern for the manufacture of lithium batteries for all the other uses ? It dwarfs the lithium used in car batteries now . Hilarious. But you’re going to keep using all your lithium power appliances….along with all the lead acid fossil fuel car batteries.
WTF?

Where did I state a lack of concern?

Where did I state a lack of concern?
Gee, you’ve only been raving about the batteries used in EVs.
So, why aren’t you concerned with the pollution the ice cars spew out when being made. Ever do a study on that ?

Gee, you’ve only been raving about the batteries used in EVs.
So, why aren’t you concerned with the pollution the ice cars spew out when being made. Ever do a study on that ?
Raving? You’re much too sensitive.

Why so confrontational? What have I done to you? I asked questions and you assume I’m a denier. You warmers are your own worst enemy.
They’re silly questions with obvious answers. You can go on line and get the answers easily.

Here is the real problem with EVs

Forum List

Back