Some House lawmakers are privately refusing to work with each other. Others are afraid to be in the same room. 2 members almost got into a fist fight

i'm just hoping we avoid a fucking catastrophe.
Fuck that. Catastrophe away! lol
I'm picturing an Aaron Burr moment! Real Politics!
I was thinking of this moment

The Caning of Charles Sumner, or the Brooks–Sumner Affair, occurred on May 22, 1856, in the United States Senate chamber, when Representative Preston Brooks, a pro-slavery Democrat from South Carolina, used a walking cane to attack Senator Charles Sumner, an abolitionist Republican from Massachusetts, in retaliation for a speech given by Sumner two days earlier in which he fiercely criticized slaveholders, including a relative of Brooks. The beating nearly killed Sumner and it contributed significantly to the country's polarization over the issue of slavery. It has been considered symbolic of the "breakdown of reasoned discourse"[1] and the use of violence that eventually led to the Civil War.

So, let me guess. They will get paid to do nothing ....
i'm just hoping we avoid a fucking catastrophe.
Fuck that. Catastrophe away! lol
I'm picturing an Aaron Burr moment! Real Politics!
I was thinking of this moment

The Caning of Charles Sumner, or the Brooks–Sumner Affair, occurred on May 22, 1856, in the United States Senate chamber, when Representative Preston Brooks, a pro-slavery Democrat from South Carolina, used a walking cane to attack Senator Charles Sumner, an abolitionist Republican from Massachusetts, in retaliation for a speech given by Sumner two days earlier in which he fiercely criticized slaveholders, including a relative of Brooks. The beating nearly killed Sumner and it contributed significantly to the country's polarization over the issue of slavery. It has been considered symbolic of the "breakdown of reasoned discourse"[1] and the use of violence that eventually led to the Civil War.
Let me guess they will get paid to do nothing.....What a shocker.

unity? UNITY? i'm just hoping we avoid a fucking catastrophe...there's no excuse for violence or resentment!

Its really up to Sleepy Joe to get Nervous Nancy to reach across the aisle to great Republican leaders like Louis Gohmert and actually start to COMPROMISE.

I know the libs don't want to do it, but its what is best for the country.

unity? UNITY? i'm just hoping we avoid a fucking catastrophe...there's no excuse for violence or resentment!

We've reached the breaking point and Congress is one step out from throwing half its members into reeducation camps. Fuck it . . . let the system burn. Can anyone spare a few marshmallows?

Ask yourself how we got to this place. It is the direct result of uncivilized behavior. The people who express a desire to "execute" a political opponent, or put a bullet in someone's head, or use any sort of other violent rhetoric, and those who refuse to follow the established rules who are to blame. I remember this Gaetz crashing a meeting that he, under House rules, was not eligible to attend, and making a big point of having the media there to film his violation. Other House members have spoken out of turn, interrupting the person who legitimately had the floor, and insulting others directly. Lately we have seen people trying to bring guns into chambers, refusing to follow safety rules, like going through a metal detector and wearing a mask, and accosting people in the hallways or out in the street.

Americans have a right to expect that members of Congress act in a civilized and polite manner. Do not send any wild, uncivilized slobs to Congress.

Ask yourself how we got to this place. It is the direct result of uncivilized behavior. The people who express a desire to "execute" a political opponent, or put a bullet in someone's head, or use any sort of other violent rhetoric, and those who refuse to follow the established rules who are to blame. I remember this Gaetz crashing a meeting that he, under House rules, was not eligible to attend, and making a big point of having the media there to film his violation. Other House members have spoken out of turn, interrupting the person who legitimately had the floor, and insulting others directly. Lately we have seen people trying to bring guns into chambers, refusing to follow safety rules, like going through a metal detector and wearing a mask, and accosting people in the hallways or out in the street.

Americans have a right to expect that members of Congress act in a civilized and polite manner. Do not send any wild, uncivilized slobs to Congress.

You mean like democrat party voters....under the flag of blm and antifa, burning and looting American cities for 7 months...and murdering 30 Americans? And promising more and worse if Trump won the election? And the bernie sanders supporter who tried to murder the entire republican baseball team? Or the calls for violence by maxine waters, barak obama and the rest?

No, it's the direct result of the political elite not just thinking they are above the law, but showing it to the people, and then insulting the people with their corruption.

You mean people like leading Lib , Kathy Griffin, who expressed a desire to decapitate President Trump?

As far as barging in on Secret Leftist Meetings like the Schiff Fake Impeachment hearings, don't the people have a right to know?

They are already there.

Forum List

Back