A Sheriff's Deputy Denied Burial At Louisiana Cemetary?? WTF?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The board of a small Louisiana cemetery that denied burial to a Black sheriff’s deputy held an emergency meeting Thursday and removed a whites-only provision from its sales contracts. The family of Allen Parish Sheriff’s Deputy Darrell Semien, who died Sunday, had been told that he could not be buried at the cemetery near Oberlin because he was African American.

Karla Semien of Oberlin wrote Tuesday on Facebook that a woman at the cemetery had told her that her husband could not be buried there because it was for whites only. I just can’t believe in 2021 in oberlin Louisiana this is happening,” Semien wrote. “To be told this is like we were nothing. He was nothing? He put his life on the line for them,” Semien told KPLC-TV on Wednesday."

Yea, it's hard to believe that this shit is still happening in 2021 -- but fortunately, the president of the funeral home made it right and even offered a free plot to the family to try to make amends....As was said in the article, the "whites only" provision was one of those hold overs from the Jim Crow era...I guess it takes awhile to totally dismantle a system like that; this was just one more brick removed....while some may have wanted to "conserve" that kind of privilege, progressing forward is good...

"The board of a small Louisiana cemetery that denied burial to a Black sheriff’s deputy held an emergency meeting Thursday and removed a whites-only provision from its sales contracts. The family of Allen Parish Sheriff’s Deputy Darrell Semien, who died Sunday, had been told that he could not be buried at the cemetery near Oberlin because he was African American.

Karla Semien of Oberlin wrote Tuesday on Facebook that a woman at the cemetery had told her that her husband could not be buried there because it was for whites only. I just can’t believe in 2021 in oberlin Louisiana this is happening,” Semien wrote. “To be told this is like we were nothing. He was nothing? He put his life on the line for them,” Semien told KPLC-TV on Wednesday."

Yea, it's hard to believe that this shit is still happening in 2021 -- but fortunately, the president of the funeral home made it right and even offered a free plot to the family to try to make amends....As was said in the article, the "whites only" provision was one of those hold overs from the Jim Crow era...I guess it takes awhile to totally dismantle a system like that; this was just one more brick removed....while some may have wanted to "conserve" that kind of privilege, progressing forward is good...

That's the legacy of the Robert Byrd/Joe Biden wing of the DemoKKKrat party.

The legacy of conservatism you mean.......

Since the main opposition to Civil Rights came from conservatives...

Which is why this story triggered you to blurt out dumb shit

Nope the GOP always pushed Civil Rights legislation and the Dems fought against it.

I think it went a lot further back onto the misty past, maybe even to the 1800's?

Why do you lie so causally?

The 1964 Civil Rights acts got a much higher voting support by percentage from the Republicans than from the Democrats. Not only that it was Democrats such as Robert Byrd who tried to stop it through Filibustering.

They should have buried him in Africa...hyphenated motherfuckers

Nope, you people opposed civil rights, started the KKK, held slaves, and continue to make life miserable for people of color. Right up to this guy who you STILL support in 2021.

Let that really sink in, bro. THIS GUY has a very prominent place in your party RIGHT NOW. RIGHT FUCKING NOW, as we speak. Own it.

5c54d8d3008f3.image.jpg

~~~~~~
History proves your disinformation and propaganda wrong.....

********​
********​
********​

The dixiecrats didn't leave their prejudice behind when they went republican and eventually took over the party. They renewed their ownership of the legacy of Jim Crow when they decided they would rather have civil war monuments than black voters.

The dixiecrats didn't leave their prejudice behind when they went republican and eventually took over the party. They renewed their ownership of the legacy of Jim Crow when they decided they would rather have civil war monuments than black voters.

Your party made sure this guy still has his job in 2021.

5c54d8d3008f3.image.jpg

5c54d8d3008f3.image.jpg
If you don't want people to think your Trumpublican party is racist you might want to tell the deplorables to take a hike in no uncertain terms. I grew up in Alabama during desegregation. I lived the history you don't want to own.

Conservative hate follows you to the grave.

A few years ago we visited the war graves in France and laid flowers on the graves of several family members. The graves are split by nationality and I was struck by the fact that the South African graves were further split by skin colour.

The majority of graves didnt even have a bodyand I wonder what those dead South Africans were fighting for. Racism is a cancer on society , the world has a long way to go.

Why do you lie so causally?

The 1964 Civil Rights acts got a much higher voting support by percentage from the Republicans than from the Democrats. Not only that it was Democrats such as Robert Byrd who tried to stop it through Filibustering.
The country was divided over the issue on a geographical basis, rather than political. An obvious after-effect of reconstruction, and how one voted was dependent on where one came from, i.e. "Southern" aka the former Confederate States, or not.

Once you break down the votes on that basis, you get a different story.

By region
Note that "Southern", as used here, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that had made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.[27]

The House of Representatives:[27]
  • Northern: 281–32 (90–10%)
  • Southern: 8–94 (8–92%)

The Senate:[27]
  • Northern: 72–6 (92–8%)
  • Southern: 1–21 (5–95%) – Ralph Yarborough of Texas was the only Southerner to vote in favor in the Senate
By party and region
The House of Representatives:[3][27]
Note that four Representatives voted Present while 12 did not vote.

The Senate:[27]

Once you break it up by region, the picture is clearer.

Higher percentages of Dems voted for it, than Republicans, both in the North and the South.

And then after that, over the years, somehow or the other, all those Southern states which had been controlled by the Dems for ever, turned Republican.
It was like a miracle...

I don't know of anyone who would want to "conserve that privilage" but I see the nasty little conotation you did there....Shame on you.

I am glad they made it right.

You got it all wrong there. Abraham Lincoln was a staunch Republican. It was Southern white liberal Democrat slave-owners who rose up in rebellion against the United States in a vain effort to preserve their outmoded institutions of forcible slavery and involuntary servitude.

So you’re mad about an old Democrat law?
You may want to start voting for the other party then.

And oh those Trump Republicans keeping their legacy of race hatred alive.

5c54d8d3008f3.image.jpg
If you don't want people to think your Trumpublican party is racist you might want to tell the deplorables to take a hike in no uncertain terms. I grew up in Alabama during desegregation. I lived the history you don't want to own.

Yet you're the one with the klansman in the Governor's mansion.

Forum List

Back