Some days I am amazed at the spell checkers and other days no so much.

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Sometimes the spell check feature makes me shake my head at the apparent inability it has do figure out the word I meant. Over 90 percent of my misspelled words are typos as I can spell fairly well, my fingers just don't work as well as they once did. For example, some times a typo that cannot have to many different ways it can be fixed astounds the spell checker. Now I can't really think of an exact word but I'll give an example, 4 letter words that ends in "any", there's only about 7 but the spell checker fails. There have been other examples too. But, today the spell checker surprised the heck out of me when I typed "yjr" when I meant to type "the". The spell checker immediately corrected the word and changed it to "the". I just don't understand it, and I do know something about writing programs that search for what a user wants. I'd guess that the spellchecker first determines what keys are closest to the jumble you typed on the keyboard. But this was surprising, to me anyway.

Sometimes the spell check feature makes me shake my head at the apparent inability it has do figure out the word I meant. Over 90 percent of my misspelled words are typos as I can spell fairly well, my fingers just don't work as well as they once did. For example, some times a typo that cannot have to many different ways it can be fixed astounds the spell checker. Now I can't really think of an exact word but I'll give an example, 4 letter words that end in "any", there's only about 7 but the spell checker fails. Other example too. But, today the spell checker surprised the heck out on me when I typed "yjr" when I meant to type "the". The spell checker immediately corrected the word and changed it to "the". I just don't understand it, and I do know something about writing programs that search for what a user wants. I'd guess that the spellchecker first determines what keys are closest to the jumble you typed on the keyboard. But this was surprising, to me anyway.
Most of the crap you post doesn't mean anything anyway, so why worry about it?

• Banned
Sometimes the spell check feature makes me shake my head at the apparent inability it has do figure out the word I meant. Over 90 percent of my misspelled words are typos as I can spell fairly well, my fingers just don't work as well as they once did. For example, some times a typo that cannot have to many different ways it can be fixed astounds the spell checker. Now I can't really think of an exact word but I'll give an example, 4 letter words that end in "any", there's only about 7 but the spell checker fails. Other example too. But, today the spell checker surprised the heck out on me when I typed "yjr" when I meant to type "the". The spell checker immediately corrected the word and changed it to "the". I just don't understand it, and I do know something about writing programs that search for what a user wants. I'd guess that the spellchecker first determines what keys are closest to the jumble you typed on the keyboard. But this was surprising, to me anyway.
So tranny imbeciles like you can decipher it and attack me for it.

So tranny imbeciles like you can decipher it and attack me for it.
someones-triggered-memegenerator-net-10-best-triggered-meme-collection-2018-with-52475020.png

When I used to read more my spelling was decent, never great, but I heavily rely on spellcheck and overall it’s good, but can be frustrating as well.

Hey, that is what I say about you daily... Moronic minds think alike...

I hate when there is a red line underneath something that isn't even wrong.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I was really good at spelling when I was a kid. These days, I feel like I have to check everything every two seconds. My most common error is the i before e thing.

Forum List

Back