Sold on Obama

I'm just not seeing the upside of him being re-elected..

Avoiding repeating the unprecedented disaster of Bush and the Republican Congress, by electing a Republican president,

is reason enough.

Your answer is actually a big part of the problem because it infers the only choices are a Republican president or Obama despite the fact there will be other people on the ballot, but since the vast majority of people in this country are herded like sheep into thinking they can't vote for anyone else we continue to get fucked year after year.

I will bet you 5000 dollars that either a Republican or a Democrat is elected president in 2012.

Avoiding repeating the unprecedented disaster of Bush and the Republican Congress, by electing a Republican president,

is reason enough.

I think your missing the point... imagine my surprise...:bang3:

The 'point' of your OP, such as it is, is based on the false premise that Obama's presidency has been a failure.

I can take it...

I consider it an overall failure.. prove me wrong...

Tell me what's been so great about the Obama Presidency... and why we should have another helping...you'd be the first...

Lumpy raises a valid question that hopefully the electorate will think through before entering the voting booth. A couple of reasons to keep him in is he is continuing the war on terrorism with GITMO and increased drone attacks. The intelligence machine has not been dis-assembled like Clinton did. The bin Laden hit was a gift though and the bump in the polls will soon fade. He gets too much credit for anti-terrorism successes, but at least he hasn't shut it down. I give him props though for calling in DEVGRU for the Osama operation rather than a Predator strike.

Reasons not to re-elect him include, as always, the economy. His handling of it has been a disaster. The dems were in control for two years before Obama and two years with him and things are not much better. Part of the problem with two parties in control is compromise. When those idiots on the Hill start compromising, that really means that each side has to get something. That of course leads to massive debt. The left then calls for tax increases and the right claims that the debt and deficit can be managed by cutting spending. That of course never happens because each side has to get theirs and the spending continues.

If it was somehow possible to run the government on sound business principles and cost-benefit analyze every decision, we would be much better off. The government is too large though and I fear that the same wasteful, bloated government practices will continue, no matter who is in charge.

Last edited:
I think your missing the point... imagine my surprise...:bang3:

The 'point' of your OP, such as it is, is based on the false premise that Obama's presidency has been a failure.

I can take it...

I consider it an overall failure.. prove me wrong...

Tell me what's been so great about the Obama Presidency... and why we should have another helping...you'd be the first...

I told you. Because the only alternative is a Republican president, who would in all likelihood have a GOP congress, and we know that's a formula for disaster.

Obama is the lesser of 2 evils. Period.

Hes backed very few of the failed right wing ideas.

That is the main reason I still like him.

Hes not perfect and has not done some of what I wished hed do.

The right just likes failed economic policy and seems to think no one in the three piece suit is capable of commiting crimes.

Obamas has not started any wars for profit and has finished the job Bush and the republicans failed to finish.

Oh ya he didnt crash the economy like the republicans did either.

We are in a recovery when we could have very well been in a depression right now.

Lots more people have medical coverage.

It aint perfect but at least the coal mines are not blowing up anymore.

Want to know what a permanent republican majority would look like?

Imagine coal mines collasping on workers every few months, Oil spills about every year are so, disastor areas left to rot, ever increasing corporate profits and ever shrinking customer service, economic drops every couple of years followed by economic booms every couple of years (none of which the average guy can take any real advantage from because they dont have the resources to cash in due to the recent downfall), and a housing market that is never stable.

Sounds like fun huh?

I honestly can't figure out why Democrats are still sold on Obama..

Sure.. they have no choice in the matter but 4 more years of a failed Presidency just to win an election... seems kinda pathetic..
Correction:

A
Record-Breaking
failed
Presidency!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnoPpWdlG3A]YouTube - Rachel Maddow (1) 111th Congress put policy before politics[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBHK7zsz7xU]YouTube - Rachel Maddow (2) 111th Congress put policy before politics[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfWpBWP8krs]YouTube - Obama Takes a Victory Lap After Big Wins[/ame]
92a10__obama-campaign-poster_450x286.jpg

I'm sure you "conservatives" will find a candidate.....soon.

:eusa_whistle:

Having watched how politics work for many years, I have never seen anyone with the strength of character that President Obama has. Have any of you looked at the fact that the GOP have faught him on everything? That the President need the help of adult people to pass laws that will ultimately help us. The President has tirelessly worked hard for every word on every thing that has passed. If the country is hurting it's the REPUBLICANS fault. I am sooo Sold on Obama.

They perfer swaggering cowboys with no cattle and tuff talk while someone elses kids do the dying the tuff talk requires.

Sure.. they have no choice in the matter but 4 more years of a failed Presidency just to win an election... seems kinda pathetic..

I think it is like one of those situations where a person buys a used car only to find out it is a defective piece of junk, but still drives it anyway because it is easier than admitting to the neighbors that you screwed up.

Last edited:

The right just likes failed economic policy and seems to think no one in the three piece suit is capable of commiting crimes.

Obamas has not started any wars for profit and has finished the job Bush and the republicans failed to finish.

We are in a recovery when we could have very well been in a depression right now.

Imagine coal mines collasping on workers every few months, Oil spills about every year are so, disastor areas left to rot, ever increasing corporate profits and ever shrinking customer service, economic drops every couple of years followed by economic booms every couple of years (none of which the average guy can take any real advantage from because they dont have the resources to cash in due to the recent downfall), and a housing market that is never stable.

Sounds like fun huh?

Sounds Retarded: The biggest Oil spill in US History happened on Obama's watch

girl-child-with-downs-syndrome-on-laptop.jpg

Move out of your coal mine; maybe you'll have fewer rocks in your head.

Just keep repeating it over and over again....maybe the simple minded will believe you

What crap X.

Pretending there is no differance between Bush and Obama is one of the biggest cop outs Ive heard in a long time.

Its said by people who have no idea what it takes to turn arround a country on a dime while a third of the country still wants to go the other way.

Obama has not made every decision like I may have but the coutnry did not hire me OR YOU.

Sounds like fun huh?

Sounds Retarded: The biggest Oil spill in US History happened on Obama's watch

Move out of your coal mine; maybe you'll have fewer rocks in your head.

I remember that one....it was last summer wasn't it?

That was the one where Republicans apologized to BP over

They're emotionally invested in this man. Not intellectually mind you as there's no plausible reason to have any faith in the man. He's a total washout on most fronts. So, having thrown all in on Obama, they have to defend him no matter what.

It's really that simple... look at the facts... 14,000,000,000,000 debt, $5 gas, inflation, worthless dollar, 59,000,000 unemployed, Obamacare, etc.

Forum List

Back