Solar and wind are not about cheap, reliable, plentiful energy...they are meant to reduce access to all of those things....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The goal is not to make life better....the goal is to make people easier to control, and more dependent on the rich and elites who run the government....the elite who will still have their gas stoves, gas heaters, gas powered cars, and central air conditioning, as normal people sweat and freeze, and are forced onto buses and trains....

I wrote here about the EPA’s proposed new CO2 regulations on power plants that would devastate the electrical grid. This public comment, drafted by American Experiment’s Isaac Orr and Mitch Rolling and filed on Tuesday, explains why the rule is so destructive. It will mandate a grid that is heavily dependent on solar and wind installations, and therefore subject to devastating blackouts. If the EPA set out to disrupt our economy and make our lives miserable, and sometimes dangerous–if the rule goes into effect, people will die–it could hardly do a better job.

The goal is not to make life better....the goal is to make people easier to control, and more dependent on the rich and elites who run the government....the elite who will still have their gas stoves, gas heaters, gas powered cars, and central air conditioning, as normal people sweat and freeze, and are forced onto buses and trains....

I wrote here about the EPA’s proposed new CO2 regulations on power plants that would devastate the electrical grid. This public comment, drafted by American Experiment’s Isaac Orr and Mitch Rolling and filed on Tuesday, explains why the rule is so destructive. It will mandate a grid that is heavily dependent on solar and wind installations, and therefore subject to devastating blackouts. If the EPA set out to disrupt our economy and make our lives miserable, and sometimes dangerous–if the rule goes into effect, people will die–it could hardly do a better job.

two things can be true at once,,

we all know governments like to take advantage of anything they can to control the people,,

They're just doing what Joebama told them to in EO 13990.

Clearly Democrat leaders want a "Stepford Wives" situation. Will the vaccine for the next pandemic give them the opportunity they desire?

California just wants to pretend to be progressive with its antiquated gas delivery system.

CC38C331-581C-4FB6-A93F-A49FCE299775.jpeg

Horror stories are begining to emerge now about owning total electric cars. From not being able to travel long distances to having cars in the shop for weeks on end to spontaneous lithium battery combustion to absurdly high insurance rates. You need to really think twice before buying an EV car.

Horror stories are begining to emerge now about owning total electric cars. From not being able to travel long distances to having cars in the shop for weeks on end to spontaneous lithium battery combustion to absurdly high insurance rates. You need to really think twice before buying an EV car.
electric cars are being banned from ships and ferries, there have been too many fires and sinking of ships

Paranoia, maybe? Yet I see you partake in the liberal illusion that gunpowder and metal bullets can be replaced by some Captain Kirk - like electrical “space gun” … set only to stun. How whimsical of you!

There are plenty of obstacles, especially here in the U.S., that will likely delay EV mass production for common folk. They seem to be doing much better in China with this transition, but then necessity has always been the mother of invention.

But you seem to imply you have the right not to buy an EV car? Damn, I thought that fascist “Democrat Party” and their “Demonrat” leaders already were taking away all your choices just to make you … a slave!

My advice to you and everyone: If you don’t want an EV, just don’t buy one!

Hell, it’s still a free country, even more free if you have a little money — like forever. But if Obumma can be “a prepper” for catastrophe and invest in huge sunken tanks of gasoline — so can you. Ain’t that the “new American Dream”? “Every white man should live almost as well as every wealthy black man.” Well, at least as well as that African Muslim traitor Obama!

Or maybe take it back further a notch. Just throw away ALL your electronic devices! Most of them are made overseas anyway!

:cool: /s

Last edited:
Paranoia, maybe? Yet I see you partake in the liberal illusion that gunpowder and metal bullets can be replaced by some Captain Kirk - like electrical “space gun” … set only to stun. How whimsical of you!

There are plenty of obstacles, especially here in the U.S., that will likely delay EV mass production for common folk. They seem to be doing much better in China with this transition, but then necessity has always been the mother of success. But you seem to imply you have the right not to buy an EV car? Damn, I thought those “fascist” Democrats and “communists” were already taking away your choices just to make you … a slave!

My advice to you: If you don’t want an EV, just don’t buy one!

Hell, it’s still a free country, especially if you have a little money. You can be “a prepper” for catastrophe and invest in huge sunken tanks of gasoline. Or, you can just throw away ALL your electronic devices! Most of them are made overseas anyway!

:cool:

Now that is false since Federal government and many states are MANDATING EV's on us even to BAN ICE vehicles in the near future to make us do it.

There is nothing free about it, why are you being this dumb about it?

There are plenty of obstacles, especially here in the U.S., that will likely delay EV mass production for common folk. They seem to be doing much better in China with this transition, but then necessity has always been the mother of success. But you seem to imply you have the right not to buy an EV car? Damn, I thought those “fascist” Democrats and “communists” were already taking away your choices just to make you … a slave!

My advice to you: If you don’t want an EV, just don’t buy one!

Hell, it’s still a free country, especially if you have a little money. You can be “a prepper” for catastrophe and invest in huge sunken tanks of gasoline. Or, you can just throw away ALL your electronic devices! Most of them are made overseas anyway!

:cool:
The best the current lithium ion technology will be is a niche market. It will never be a viable replacement for ICE. The planet uses 65 million barrels of gasoline and diesel every day. That's a lot of batteries that need to be built every ten years or so to supply that much of a charge every day. And that's not even considering future growth or the infrastructure upgrade needed to supply and transmit all the electricity needed to replace 65 million barrels of gasoline and diesel every day.

The best the current lithium ion technology will be is a niche market. It will never be a viable replacement for ICE. The planet uses 65 million barrels of gasoline and diesel every day. That's a lot of batteries that need to be built every ten years or so to supply that much of a charge every day. And that's not even considering future growth or the infrastructure upgrade needed to supply and transmit all the electricity needed to replace 65 million barrels of gasoline and diesel every day.
I think you are mostly correct. But EVs are already bigger than a niche market in China ... and it ain’t because they are starry-eyed liberals. But I agree there will be no rapid changeover in the U.S. for various reasons and any mandates to that effect will be reversed long before they are scheduled to be put into effect. That’s what almost always happens in such cases — unless research comes up with new breakthroughs,

Last edited:
I think you are mostly correct. But EVs are already bigger than a niche market in China ... and it ain’t because they are starry-eyed liberals. But I agree there will be no rapid changeover in the U.S. for various reasons and any mandates to that effect will be reversed long before they are scheduled to be put into effect. That’s what almost always happens in such cases — unless research comes up with new breakthroughs,
You believe such mandates would be stopped by the courts on Constitutional grounds?

You believe such mandates would be stopped by the courts on Constitutional grounds?

By the courts, by state legislators, or by industry balking, investors fleeing … whatever.

On the other hand, so far TESLA has proven EVs can carve out a real market for its EVs and its charging technology … at least among certain wealthy folks. But TESLA prices in Europe and China now have to fall quickly if it is to remain competitive with the new Chinese products that are coming out. China seems to have an edge in battery production and economies of scale.

The shear simplicity of EV powered vehicles seem to be allowing production costs to be reduced dramatically, so I personally wouldn’t dismiss their long-term prospects entirely just yet.

It’s actually way too complicated a question for me to express a hard opinion on — but I wouldn’t bet any of my money on American legacy automakers at this point, whether they try to transform to EVs or not.

My original remarks were mostly satirical, which is my standard response when I hear narrow-minded “Know-Nothing” MAGA Trumpsters opining on complicated questions and preaching doom & gloom.

Last edited:

There's lithium batteries in everything these days ... cars, airplanes, computers, phones, watches, toasters, coffee makers, jewelry, desks, clothing, hearing aids, eyeglasses, dildos, washing machines, computers, fireplace grates, fruits and vegetables ...there's a lithium battery in the chip they included in the Covid vaccines ...

THAT niche? ...

Golf carts have been around for a long time now ... no, you're not hauling firewood with a damn golf cart, why do you even suggest that? ... we're taking 90% of passenger vehicles OFF the road, so you're on public transit anyway, why do you care what powers the buses? ...

You're gonna pay the taxes anyway ...

we're taking 90% of passenger vehicles OFF the road, so you're on public transit anyway, why do you care what powers the buses? ...

You're gonna pay the taxes anyway ...
Just let the Politicians do what they feel like, after all, that is why they are politicians, because they studied technology.
1699391717231.png

1699391756583.png

1699391783260.png

1699391921347.png

Don't you think that might have to do more with China using Chinese coal to generate electricity and not using foreign oil than their love of the environment or EV's?

1699392568346.png

Forum List

Back