So You Thought The War On Terror Was All But Over With The Killing Of UBL

Maybe if we stopped sticking our dicks in the Muslim Hornet's nest, they'd stop stinging us.

Just sayin'....

You are one seriously fucked up human-being.

just pointing out the obvious that we aren't innocent bystanders, and we've killed more Muslims than they've killed us.
If you can't understand the difference then you are one sick puppy.

First of all we don't intentionally target civilians. Secondly, we've freed millions of Muslims from a dictator's tyranny. And finally, it seems that even though we save these rags from death and starvation they try to repay our kindness by killing our kids in uniform.

Joe, just STFU!!!

no one has said it was over.

lies are not a good basis for a platform

"Al Qaeda is on the run. That group of terrorists who attacked our country is slowly, but surely being decimated. Right now, about half of all the top al Qaeda operatives are either jailed or dead. In either case, they're not a problem anymore." - President Obama

"we've cut off the head of the snake, we've got Al Qaeda on the run," - Joe Biden

"I'm convinced that we're within reach of strategically defeating al Qaeda," - Defense Secretary Leon Panetta

"Al Qaeda is on the run. That group of terrorists who attacked our country is slowly, but surely being decimated. Right now, about half of all the top al Qaeda operatives are either jailed or dead. In either case, they're not a problem anymore." - President Obama

"we've cut off the head of the snake, we've got Al Qaeda on the run," - Joe Biden

"I'm convinced that we're within reach of strategically defeating al Qaeda," - Defense Secretary Leon Panetta

These quotes just seem to me that they are commenting on the progress that has been made against AQ. I hardly think that our government would be that stupid to think that the war on terror is anywhere close to being over. The war against AQ and the Taliban might be slowing down, but we will never fall short of finding enemies of our country. For as long as we are the greatest country, we will have those who seek to destroy us.

I NEVER thought killing OBL ended the War on Terror. Saying it did is just as effective as renaming The War on Terror an "Overseas Contingency Operation".

I NEVER thought killing OBL ended the War on Terror. Saying it did is just as effective as renaming The War on Terror an "Overseas Contingency Operation".

The day that we start dropping bombs on organizations such as Hezbollah, Ansar al-Islamia, PLO, GIA, Aden-Abyan Islamic Army, FARC, HAMAS, etc. then I will believe we are ACTUALLY at war with "terror." Until that day, I know we are just at war with AQ and the Taliban.

The silence is deafening.

Well, since AQ is not all terrorism, those quotes don't seem to bolster your OP all that much.

If you feel al Qaeda redeems itself by supporting Green Energy then I guess they aren't all bad, in your eyes.

But I don't believe in looking the other way, while they plan the death of every infidel possible, just because of their politics. It's a ruse. Nothing more. They all use codes.

"Islam is a religion of peace.

The majority of Muslims are moderates.

Most terrorism is not at the hands of radical Muslims."​

In my opinion they have no redeeming qualities. Anyone who does is kidding themselves.

At any rate, my OP has been proven over and over again in this thread. Ignore it all you want. You're the type I'd be inclined to kick out of my foxhole in a battle but I get the feeling you'd have already bugged out by the time I reached that point.

Oh, and congrats on the championship. Let's do it again.

Last edited:
The silence is deafening.

Well, since AQ is not all terrorism, those quotes don't seem to bolster your OP all that much.

If you feel al Qaeda redeems itself by supporting Green Energy then I guess they aren't all bad, in your eyes.

But I don't believe in looking the other way, while they plan the death of every infidel possible, just because of their politics. It's a ruse. Nothing more. They all use codes.

In my opinion they have no redeeming qualities. Anyone who does is kidding themselves.

At any rate, my OP has been proven over and over again in this thread. Ignore it all you want. You're the type I'd be inclined to kick out of my foxhole in a battle but I get the feeling you'd have already bugged out by the time I reached that point.

What the hell are you talking about? :cuckoo:

All I said is that Al Qaeda is not all terrorism. And it manifestly is not. Terrorism does not mean a single terrorist organization. We could wipe AQ off the face of the earth and there would still be terrorism, and at least some of it would still target the US. Are you trying to say that isn't the case?

My point is that Obama claiming AQ is weakened or near defeat is not the same as Obama saying the poorly-named war on terror is almost over, unless the war on terror really meant the war on AQ.

Where you get some kind of connection to green energy or support of Islam out of that I have no clue. I also think your segue into foxholes was a pretty wild leap. :lol:

[

No, I just don't buy into holier than thou propaganda.

[

First of all we don't intentionally target civilians.

Since when? Germany, Japan, North Vietnam, Iraq. We bomb the fuck out of civilian targets. Get real.

[

Secondly, we've freed millions of Muslims from a dictator's tyranny.

That would be the dictator our own CIA put into power to start with, for those playing along at home. The one our administration HAD NO PROBLEM WITH, until he started threatening the profits of Exxon-Mobile... Lest we forget...

handshake300.jpg

Oh, wait, that's Rummy shaking hands with Saddam when he used to be our pal!

[
And finally, it seems that even though we save these rags from death and starvation they try to repay our kindness by killing our kids in uniform.

First, most of the "Starvation" was caused because for 12 years, we imposed an embargo of food and medicine on Iraq because they didn't throw out Saddam but we threw out the Bush Regime. HOW DARE THEY!

Secondly, between Abu Grahib and the rape of 14 year old Hamza al-Janabi and the murder of her family, I can understand why the "rags" don't feel the gratitude you think they ought to feel. Oh, yeah, and that you call them "rags".

[
Joe, just STFU!!!

Why don't you shut the fuck up. Frankly, given how easily you lose your shit over unimportant shit, you'd be a complete fucking madman if you had to live in the hell we've turned Iraq into.

I'm not surprised we have terrorists. I'm surprised we don't have a lot more of them.

Again, if we quit sticking our dicks in the Middle East Hornet's nest, we wouldn't get stung.

These quotes just seem to me that they are commenting on the progress that has been made against AQ. I hardly think that our government would be that stupid to think that the war on terror is anywhere close to being over. The war against AQ and the Taliban might be slowing down, but we will never fall short of finding enemies of our country. For as long as we are the greatest country, we will have those who seek to destroy us.

Why would President Obama be so bold, during a Presidential re-election season, to say Al Qaeda is on the run, and they are not a problem any more? He spiked that football time and time again, saying He was responsible for "decimating" (his exact word he had chosen to run with) Al Qaeda. Joe Biden said Al Qaeda IS on the run, he was proud to say that. Looks like those choice of words behind their "Mission Accomplished" and we can now bring all our troops home, backfired in their face.

[

[

Since when? Germany, Japan, North Vietnam, Iraq. We bomb the fuck out of civilian targets. Get real.

Actually we did not intentionally kill German civilians, unless you have a link you can provide that shows United States sent troops to intentionally murder German civilians or authorized the bombing of non military targets such as a German city?

With regard to Germany, we used B52 bombers, and our ability to hit a refinery target was not at all accurate with the technology at the time. The bombers used a technique called "carpet bombing" to be sure a the German target was hit, this unfortunately caused damage to any building located near the intended target to be destroyed as well. To say the United States military intentionally went out to look for and kill German civilians is to be completely ignorant as to the objectives the military commanders were trying to achieve with respect to Germany. Now the Germans, on the other hand, intentionally launched V2 rockets at London as well as bomb the city to destroy civilian moral in support of the war.

With regard to Japan, President Truman made the executive decision to drop an atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, because he believed the casualties of war would be a lot less than if they conducted a military land invasion of Japan. Japan was ready for an all out ground assault on their country, and was prepared to destroy any invader that would make such an attempt.

With regard to Iraq, can you provide me with some links showing proof that our military men and women had knowingly executed Iraqi civilians that were of absolutely no threat at all to our troops? I know that there were small pockets of resistance in Iraq, and attacks on our troops were made by individuals in hiding rather than openly wearing any military identified insignias. You want to make claims that our military went out and intentionally sought out civilians to kill? I'd expect as much from someone who didn't serve, and has abslutely no respect of our United States military. At least I have RESPECT for the men and women who chose to make the same sacrifice as I, to serve and defend our country to preserve those freedoms you seem so egar to take for granted.

[

[

Actually we did not intentionally kill German civilians, unless you have a link you can provide that shows United States sent troops to intentionally murder German civilians or authorized the bombing of non military targets such as a German city?

With regard to Germany, we used B52 bombers, and our ability to hit a refinery target was not at all accurate with the technology at the time. The bombers used a technique called "carpet bombing" to be sure a the German target was hit, this unfortunately caused damage to any building located near the intended target to be destroyed as well. To say the United States military intentionally went out to look for and kill German civilians is to be completely ignorant as to the objectives the military commanders were trying to achieve with respect to Germany. Now the Germans, on the other hand, intentionally launched V2 rockets at London as well as bomb the city to destroy civilian moral in support of the war.

With regard to Japan, President Truman made the executive decision to drop an atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, because he believed the casualties of war would be a lot less than if they conducted a military land invasion of Japan. Japan was ready for an all out ground assault on their country, and was prepared to destroy any invader that would make such an attempt.

With regard to Iraq, can you provide me with some links showing proof that our military men and women had knowingly executed Iraqi civilians that were of absolutely no threat at all to our troops? I know that there were small pockets of resistance in Iraq, and attacks on our troops were made by individuals in hiding rather than openly wearing any military identified insignias. You want to make claims that our military went out and intentionally sought out civilians to kill? I'd expect as much from someone who didn't serve, and has abslutely no respect of our United States military. At least I have RESPECT for the men and women who chose to make the same sacrifice as I, to serve and defend our country to preserve those freedoms you seem so egar to take for granted.

Sure we did.

Dresden Bombing - World War 2 Dresden Bombing

About.com: http://ww2db.com/battle_spec.php?battle_id=55

Not to mention firebombing Japan.

It was a different time. I cannot condemn it either.

What the hell are you talking about? :cuckoo:

All I said is that Al Qaeda is not all terrorism. And it manifestly is not. Terrorism does not mean a single terrorist organization. We could wipe AQ off the face of the earth and there would still be terrorism, and at least some of it would still target the US. Are you trying to say that isn't the case?

My point is that Obama claiming AQ is weakened or near defeat is not the same as Obama saying the poorly-named war on terror is almost over, unless the war on terror really meant the war on AQ.

Where you get some kind of connection to green energy or support of Islam out of that I have no clue. I also think your segue into foxholes was a pretty wild leap. :lol:

"Al Qaeda is not all terrorism" could be taken more than one way. It's not my fault you can't express yourself in a more clear manner. I assumed you meant you understood their politics.

I"m scratching my head wondering what the heck you're thinking of because the God Damned point of the OP was that no one organization or one man is terrorism. My fucken point was that the Obama Administration is guilty of this narrow viewpoint and trying to influence the public accordingly.

Your point is horseshit. al Qaeda isn't weakened because in one aspect it's like the Tea Party. It's an organization that doesn't have a leadership but a common ideology. The organization only exists as long as the ideology hasn't been achieved. It makes it easy to demonize but extremely difficult to attack.

Last edited:
[

[

Here is a link where our troops, willingly killed civilians that posed no threat to them:

The Haditha Massacre » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Terrorism does not mean a single terrorist organization. We could wipe AQ off the face of the earth and there would still be terrorism, and at least some of it would still target the US. :

The welfare/warfare state will never claim that "terrorism" has ended. It needs a bogeyman in order to suspend civil and constitutional rights as well as and increase its size andpowers.

"It is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.

Nazi Field Marshal Hermann Goering

Forum List

Back