So You Thought The War On Terror Was All But Over With The Killing Of UBL

No, no one ever thought that.

Except for lying partisan hacks such as yourself attempting to contrive a controversy where none exists.

I've been listening to the same speeches you have. I guess I'm the only one paying attention.

There's no contriving going on.

Here's a metric.

When President Bush first responded to the al qaeda attacks of 9/11/2001, he said he wanted Osama bin Laden "dead or alive" using a familiar saying from our old Westerns.

He got criticized for being a "cowboy."

But sooner or later, he saw fit to remark that he really wasn't all that interested in Osama.

The liberals tripped over themselves (and still do, to this day) to mock Booooosh for that, too.

Yet, when Obama authorized an action in a foreign sovereign land (one that I applaud the President for okaying, by the way) to have Osama snuffed, the libs could not heap enough praise on The ONE for killing "the" terrorist. One reading their posts would have imagined that Obama had personally saved the world from terrorism.

Yet some of us (myself included) both defended President Bush on the ground that "getting" that one lead terrorist would NOT terminate terrorism and gently chided the liberals for pretending or imagining that The ONE had eradicated the threat of terrorism. It was a good thing, no doubt, to get Osama's brains blown out, but it was not a sufficient thing. His organization survived his death and his organization is NOT the only terrorist organization, anyway.

And, now, even some of the dumber liberals can plainly see reality. The death of Osama bin Laden did not end terrorism. What a shock.

I saw Zero Dark Thirty the other day, and Obama seemed to be more of a hindrance to the mission than anything.

MSNBC panned the movie but thought "Django" was a great movie in comparison.

I haven't seen Django and I don't relish the killing of white folks at the hands of a Black Gunman.

Chances are I won't be seeing that piece of filmography.

Last edited:
Republican Lindsey Gramnesty said this attack only proves we need to push through their bill before anybody figures out it's a piece of legislation that will assure that Democrats win every election for the next 20 years. Whenever Dems and Repugs are in agreement it usually means trouble for the rest of us.

"Tsarnaev appears to be the fifth person since September 11, 2001 to participate in terror attacks despite being under investigation by the FBI, in addition to Anwar al-Awlaki, David Headley, Carlos Bledsoe and Nidal Hasan. In addition, Faruq Abdulmutallab attempted a terror attack despite being identified to the Central Intelligence Agency as a potential terrorist," the two lawmakers wrote.

"If he was on the radar and they let him go … why wasn't a flag put on him, some sort of customs flag?" McCaul told Crowley.

Meanwhile, Sen. Lindsey Graham, a member of the Gang of Eight in the Senate pushing a comprehensive immigration reform bill, told Crowley that the Boston attack is a reason for Congress to act quickly on the measure.

Graham argued the bill would provide better information on the 11 million undocumented workers in the country which could help identify terrorists. "Most of them are here to work but we find some terrorists in our midst … [we] should urge us to act quicker, not slower," Graham said.

Sen. Charles Schumer, who is also a member of the Gang of Eight, agreed and accused opponents of trying to use the attack as an excuse to kill the immigration bill.

"We are not going to let them do that," Schumer said. http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnstanton/top-republican-says-he-believes-suspected-boston-bomber-may

Now all we need is for every terrorist cell to turn themselves in so they can enter the program. Never mind the fact that just about all of the terrorists we've caught entered the US legally.

Last edited:
It's interesting how Conservatives always try to get as much propaganda out there as possible before real information comes out. This thread being an example of that. They're just trying to create the narrative as quickly and as negatively as possible since the stupid people (their demographic) will only remember what they first heard and won't be able to critically think or decipher through new information. It's really kind of insidious and pathetic.

Actually, I've never met or even heard of anyone who thought that - including me. Bush blunders assured Al Qaeda an endless stream of new recruits. The Bush bell can't be unrung.

The death of OBL was president Hussein's "mission accomplished moment" but the media gave him a break. Along came the Fast /Furious coverup and Benghazi and the media gave him a break. Now we have Holder's FBI screwup and the first "successful" terrorist attack since 9-11 and the media gives Hussein a break.

Well now they are on the kick of 'he was WHITE.' So what. So fucking what! He was a muslim. Muslims come in all colors. Terror attacks are happening all over the world as we speak at the hands of the muslims. Refusing to face this fact, as you have so richly pointed out, mud, is going to cost this country so much in the future. It has already cost us dearly.

Yup, they do. And terrorists come in all religions. But what you're saying is, "Muslims can be any colour but terrorists only come in Muslim".

See what you just did?

... Nah, I didn't think so.

Last edited:
Who remembers this from the 2012 election a out of text ad about Romney and OBL? I'm sure we all remember this part Romney it's not worth moving heaven and earth and spending billions of dollars to catch one person the left ran with that and vilified Romney over it of course when you got the whole thing in context it sounder somewhat different.

GOVERNOR MITT ROMNEY: "I think, I wouldn't want to over-concentrate on Bin Laden. He's one of many, many people who are involved in this global Jihadist effort. He's by no means the only leader. It's a very diverse group – Hamas, Hezbollah, al-Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood and of course different names throughout the world. It's not worth moving heaven and earth and spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person. It is worth fashioning and executing an effective strategy to defeat global, violent Jihad and I have a plan for doing that."

Despite the many attacks he took over that it seems he was right.

I've said it before, the WOT will last our lifetimes... It is not a conflict confined or defined by geographic lines on a map. Get used to it, what happened in Boston was not the last time we will see this craziness. I always hear about how Bush sucked, but one thing's for sure after 9/11 he was much better at preventing terrorist attacks before they happen than this joke we have now is.

no one has said it was over.

lies are not a good basis for a platform

You should know better than anyone.

Obama has been saying that they are making a great deal of progress in the war on terror. He also has redefined the war on terror. It is nolonger a global war according to the Obama administration.

Janet Nepolitano has said officially the war on terror is over. This is not a global caliphate. It is just a series of isolated events that can be attacked with lawyers and police.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZqM4rK5uFoQ]White House: 'War on Terrorism' is over... 'Jihadist' and 'Global War', also unacceptable terms. - YouTube[/ame]

White House: ?War on Terrorism? is over? ?Jihadist? and ?Global War?, also unacceptable terms. | Janet Napolitano

C'mon guys, the "war on terror" was really a code for, "war on Al-Qaeda and the Taliban." And if Obama wants to say that is all but over, cool. I am sure we have seriously crippled AQ, as we have killed their leader, and when we carried out the raid on his compound, we got so much information on other terrorists, that most of AQ is in hiding. If we were really at "war with terror," then we would be fighting Hezbollah, Ansar al-Islamia, PLO, GIA, Aden-Abyan Islamic Army, FARC, HAMAS, etc. Since we have not conducted ONE strike on these groups, we CLEARLY are not at war with terror. Let's see this for what it is, and say that our "war on terror" is really war against AQ and the Taliban.

I've said it before, the WOT will last our lifetimes... It is not a conflict confined or defined by geographic lines on a map. Get used to it, what happened in Boston was not the last time we will see this craziness. I always hear about how Bush sucked, but one thing's for sure after 9/11 he was much better at preventing terrorist attacks before they happen than this joke we have now is.

That is because King Bush had NO problem invading and infringing the rights of Americans. Of course he could prevent attacks, for when he was in office, privacy was almost non-existent. Thanks to the USA PATRIOT Act

Gee, if everyone had a gun, the bombs would never have had a chance.

The death of OBL was president Hussein's "mission accomplished moment" but the media gave him a break. Along came the Fast /Furious coverup and Benghazi and the media gave him a break. Now we have Holder's FBI screwup and the first "successful" terrorist attack since 9-11 and the media gives Hussein a break.

Boston is not a "terrorist" attack. Attack, certainly, terrorism, no. Terrorism by definition carries a message.

Planes flying into the World Trade Center and Pentagon is an obvious message: "death to American power". Bombs blowing up random marathon runners-- the message is what? "Don't run marathons"? "Death to Copley Square"? Think about it.

OMG liberals have said it from the begining, kill Osama and we're done...and other liberals have said it was made up and all kinds of bs.....so stop rewriting history, you're not smart enough to do that.

These idiots are just that, idiots. They really are.

Oh and I cant wait for them to say hey, lets start profiling white males!

Righty's?

Sure, lets profile white males, and for what reason, for all the crime, no that's black folk, for terrorism, that's muslims, aha I got it we'll profile them to see if they own a few white sheets......better profile white democrat males first!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure with the death of one and the capture of the other the folks in Boston, the ones who were celebrating, probably think it's all over. No one knows for sure if these two had help. One was 20 the other 19, I have a hard time believing they didn't have some kind of help constructing all those bombs.

Of course they had help. Hell. Probably from their Mosque.

Anyone who thought we were never going to be attacked again is living in la la land.

Hell. We allow Saudi's over here all the time. On work and school visas. All those flying the planes on 9-11 were Saudi's.

Not to mention the home grown assholes as well.

UBL's death changed nothing. There are still plenty of dirtbags both in the US and outside of the US who would like nothing better than to kill us.

I doubt the Boston Marathon will be the last attack by dirtbags.

skull-and-crossbones-tattoos.jpg
Straw men beware.
skull-and-crossbones-tattoos.jpg

Mudwhistle is about to seriously kick your asses!

Give 'em hell, lad!

Forum List

Back